Close

Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    143
    Rep Points
    158.1
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Reputation: Yes | No

    Anyone with DP's, 2nd cat delete & PE exhaust???

    Hi guys,


    Seriously contemplating the setup that my title suggests on my n54 withs RB's...


    But can't find any videos on this at all?


    From my research, It would be the same as DP's with a n55/335is mid section and BMW PE..


    Has anyone heard or seen any vids?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    187
    Rep Points
    395.9
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Reputation: Yes | No
    If you add resonators into the midpipes it will sound nice. Without them it will be raspy.
    jb4+fbo+meth

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,955
    Rep Points
    2,642.7
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    27


    Reputation: Yes | No
    i had that setup... sounds REALLY mean at times but raspy at others... ultimately i sold it bc it was not worth the money to deal with the rasp it gave , i forget when it was really bad but it was enough to make me ditch it quick when i was catless all though under WOT it was insanely mean and nice.. but with a hi flo cat i bet it sounds beautiful... with any regular cats in place it sounds great...
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    2,927
    Rep Points
    2,820.9
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    29


    Reputation: Yes | No
    I can second what @Dr. G said. I have the AR Race Catted downpipes, factory E92 mid-pipes with the cats removed and Vibrant resonators welded in their place with the BMW PE. Sounds glorious IMO, but it was a long time getting to that point. At first it was just catless downpipes, factory mid section and the PE which sounded very raspy and "farty" down low.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

    Click here to enlarge

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,960
    Rep Points
    2,221.6
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    23


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Which vibrant resonators did you go with? I have a single catless 3" midpipe too, btw, so I'm thinking I may need a longer version of whichever you purchased.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    I can second what @Dr. G said. I have the AR Race Catted downpipes, factory E92 mid-pipes with the cats removed and Vibrant resonators welded in their place with the BMW PE. Sounds glorious IMO, but it was a long time getting to that point. At first it was just catless downpipes, factory mid section and the PE which sounded very raspy and "farty" down low.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    187
    Rep Points
    395.9
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jyamona Click here to enlarge
    Which vibrant resonators did you go with? I have a single catless 3" midpipe too, btw, so I'm thinking I may need a longer version of whichever you purchased.
    I have 2 12" vibrant resonators, but also have stock secondary cats back in place. You could go with the Vibrant 1794 which is 12" long with 3" inlet and outlet and add a second one if needed.
    OR
    If you have room to fit an 18" resonator you could try the Vibrant 17950.

    Did you always have the 3" midpipe? If not how much did it change the sound?
    Also are you doing this to remove the cats and gain power, or for more sound? Or is it both lol?
    jb4+fbo+meth

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    143
    Rep Points
    158.1
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Lots of valuable feedback here guys!!!

    anyone got YouTube vids?
    @lulz_m3 interested in learning more about what you mean when you say it was "a long time getting to that point"?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    143
    Rep Points
    158.1
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2



    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    This is the sound i'm in love with.... Listen for the bang on gear change..


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    south florida
    Posts
    1,989
    Rep Points
    2,386.1
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    24


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by _ink Click here to enlarge
    Hi guys,


    Seriously contemplating the setup that my title suggests on my n54 withs RB's...


    But can't find any videos on this at all?


    From my research, It would be the same as DP's with a n55/335is mid section and BMW PE..


    Has anyone heard or seen any vids?

    didnt you post this on the other forum?>
    - Proven Power Tampa built 6466 ST -
    - N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq-
    -N54 WR 1/4mile trap: 133.57mph- -

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    143
    Rep Points
    158.1
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ak335i Click here to enlarge
    didnt you post this on the other forum?>
    Is there a problem with that?

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    2,927
    Rep Points
    2,820.9
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    29


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jyamona Click here to enlarge
    Which vibrant resonators did you go with? I have a single catless 3" midpipe too, btw, so I'm thinking I may need a longer version of whichever you purchased.
    Vibrant 1792's: http://vibrantperformance.com/catalo...1022_1033_1054

    They are 2.5 inch in & out, so wouldn't work for your application.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

    Click here to enlarge

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    2,927
    Rep Points
    2,820.9
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    29


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by _ink Click here to enlarge
    Lots of valuable feedback here guys!!!

    anyone got YouTube vids?
    @lulz_m3 interested in learning more about what you mean when you say it was "a long time getting to that point"?
    It was just a long process to get from where i started to where i really enjoyed the sound of the car. I read raving reviews about the PE with catless downpipes. Installed the downpipes and exhaust in the same week and loved the exhaust note up top, but was disgusted with the how raspy and farty it sounded at low RPM's. After that i purchased the Vibrant resonators and had them welded in, helped, but i was still not happy with it. I then decided to switch to race catted downpipes. Between all of the extra money spent on parts, losing money on selling basically brand new catless downpipes and having to purchase race catted downpipes plus all of the labor i spent swapping them out it was a huge headache, especially "just for sound." In all honesty, i wish i would have just left the stock exhaust on lol and put the money towards something else.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

    Click here to enlarge

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Jersey City
    Posts
    3,857
    Rep Points
    3,642.6
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    37


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Its hard to make the 335 sound good IMO. I had AR cat less dp's and a vanguard exhaust but eventually got sick of the rasp/drone. I switched to a OEM exhaust and was happy. It still sounds good with the cat less dp's and is kinda cool because it has a sleeper look/sound to it.
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,960
    Rep Points
    2,221.6
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    23


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dr. G Click here to enlarge
    I have 2 12" vibrant resonators, but also have stock secondary cats back in place. You could go with the Vibrant 1794 which is 12" long with 3" inlet and outlet and add a second one if needed.
    OR
    If you have room to fit an 18" resonator you could try the Vibrant 17950.

    Did you always have the 3" midpipe? If not how much did it change the sound?
    Also are you doing this to remove the cats and gain power, or for more sound? Or is it both lol?
    I think I may have room for the 18", I'll have to jack it up and measure the straight sections. Not sure I even need that size though.

    I didn't always have the 3" single midpipe, I originally had a 100% stock 135i exhaust. I now have CP-E catless downpipes, the 3" catless midpipe w/ no resonators (made by Rick@Defiv, I will make a thread for this today), and the stock 135i axleback. It sounds great as is above 2k rpm, just starting out from a stop and very low rpm is raspy and can use to be smoothed out some. With the golf-tee mod, there was some droning between 1500 - 2500rpm, but with it reverted, zero drone anywhere. WOT sounds excellent and cruising is quiet as a mouse.

    I believe Y-ing the exhaust pulses right after the downpipes smooths the tone out and gives it a very unique sound. I wanted this for a few reasons: catless + more power, sound, and save some weight! I just need to add one resonator I think to smooth the very low rpm rasp out. You can hear distinct turbo whistle and subtle pops though as is, it's a great combo.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    south florida
    Posts
    1,989
    Rep Points
    2,386.1
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    24


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by _ink Click here to enlarge
    Is there a problem with that?

    Click here to enlarge
    - Proven Power Tampa built 6466 ST -
    - N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq-
    -N54 WR 1/4mile trap: 133.57mph- -

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    143
    Rep Points
    158.1
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2



    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ak335i Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Nice selfie!!

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •