Close

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Nugs Click here to enlarge
    Here's some of mine, this is with the pump gas map.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqr6sP0MOLI
    Badass man, based on the sounds / rpm sounds, i can even hear that it is carrying boost way longer throughout the full range. Car sounds very healthy.
    Also great video work and capturing track day details on your Harry's Laptimer Click here to enlarge

would love any in cabin vidz.

Mybad, quit being a pansy, take that bad boy out and drive it!Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by iuhutch Click here to enlarge
    Badass man, based on the sounds / rpm sounds, i can even hear that it is carrying boost way longer throughout the full range. Car sounds very healthy.
    Also great video work and capturing track day details on your Harry's Laptimer Click here to enlarge

would love any in cabin vidz.

Mybad, quit being a pansy, take that bad boy out and drive it!Click here to enlarge
    oh i drive it not much in this heat it was 110 today Click here to enlarge should cool down a lil this weekend i just put steveaz 450 in the tank so ill go drive a little and have someone video some
    Click here to enlarge <-- Click on pic for the build thread Full 1m bodywork on. Pure Stage 2 Turbo, helix 2step intercooler, i-carbon thermal coated downpipe, JB4 Iso tune, Seibon Gtr hood , i carbon trunk,WW meth,p, Sparta 2 piece rotors, black lines, apex ec'7s, cks coil overs

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

http://instagram.com/p/l8uxRVlyEN/ here is an instagram video a friend took a few months ago
    Click here to enlarge <-- Click on pic for the build thread Full 1m bodywork on. Pure Stage 2 Turbo, helix 2step intercooler, i-carbon thermal coated downpipe, JB4 Iso tune, Seibon Gtr hood , i carbon trunk,WW meth,p, Sparta 2 piece rotors, black lines, apex ec'7s, cks coil overs

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VegasJD Click here to enlarge
    http://instagram.com/p/l8uxRVlyEN/ here is an instagram video a friend took a few months ago
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    So tuning this for e50 has been a long process.
    I tried to get a local tuner (who has successfully tuned a local n54 135i for 100% e85) to tune my car on his dyno using Cobb ATR.
    He spent morning attempting it then gave it back as he wasn't confident he could do it properly.
    Since then Dzenno and I have gone through 70+ logs and 14 different revisions but are still experiencing weird 'misifiring' like symptoms and limp modes, especially after gear changes.
    At times it seemed like a case of one step forward, two steps back.
    There are tons of logs here

I decided to put my JB4 back in yesterday to see how that works.
    Initial impressions are positive. I was able to pull cleanly through the gears and the poor idling, shifting and throttle behaviour that made me take the JB4 out in the first place seems to have been fixed by the BMS backend flash.
    Only gave it a quick squirt on map 5 as I don't have my laptop at the moment so can't adjust any settings or log.

I have borrowed a microsoft surface but can't get it to connect either.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

So turns out it isn't as rosey as first impressions.
    Still experiencing similar issues when trying to turn up the boost.

I got the laptop to connect and set up a map 6 following the suggestions on N54tech.Click here to enlarge

Was still getting some random misfiring like symptoms, most often when going WOT in second or immediately after a gear change.
    Terry sent me a different flash to try more suited to e85 as he thought the leaner afr might help.
    But still having the same issues.

Looking for any input on these logs.

This one felt OK going through third, then broke up badly after the change into fourth and went into limp mode with superknocking codes.
    Can anyone see why?
    http://datazap.me/u/nugs/more-map-6-...log=0&data=1-4

This one was starting in second trying to replicate the issue but it pulled through the gears except for a couple of hiccups (one of which you can see at 5678rpm in third).
    http://datazap.me/u/nugs/more-map-6-...1-4-11&mark=23

Feedback from Terry and Russell at BMS is to just turn down the boost which I will try with these map 6 settings tomorrow.
    Click here to enlarge

Does anyone else have any other feedback?
    Am I asking too much from the turbo?
    Am I getting enough fuel?
    is there any hardware I should be looking at to trouble shoot?
    Plugs are NGK 5992 gapped to .56mm and 4,000kms old.
    Coils are original and 33,000kms old.

Any help would be much appreciated. I have had this turbo on for 6 months now and haven't been able to really push it yet.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Problem is not too many people are doing what you're doing right now.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

what boost is Terry running on his N55 VTT S2? Doesn't seem like all that much boost. I'm unable to download your CSVs on my iMac right now but I'll grab the tuning laptop later and take a look at them. AFR seems pretty good, boost control seems better than previous logs, not sure man. I'd like to look at the individual timing corrections per cylinder on the csv file. I'll get back with you.
    2011 335is DCT, collecting parts....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

So turns out it isn't as rosey as first impressions.
    Still experiencing similar issues when trying to turn up the boost.

I got the laptop to connect and set up a map 6 following the suggestions on N54tech.http://www.germanboost.com/images/im..._zpsn7fl-1.jpg

Was still getting some random misfiring like symptoms, most often when going WOT in second or immediately after a gear change.
    Terry sent me a different flash to try more suited to e85 as he thought the leaner afr might help.
    But still having the same issues.

Looking for any input on these logs.

This one felt OK going through third, then broke up badly after the change into fourth and went into limp mode with superknocking codes.
    Can anyone see why?
    http://datazap.me/u/nugs/more-map-6-...log=0&data=1-4

This one was starting in second trying to replicate the issue but it pulled through the gears except for a couple of hiccups (one of which you can see at 5678rpm in third).
    http://datazap.me/u/nugs/more-map-6-...1-4-11&mark=23

Feedback from Terry and Russell at BMS is to just turn down the boost which I will try with these map 6 settings tomorrow.
    http://www.germanboost.com/images/im..._zpsidv2-1.jpg

Does anyone else have any other feedback?
    Am I asking too much from the turbo?
    Am I getting enough fuel?
    is there any hardware I should be looking at to trouble shoot?
    Plugs are NGK 5992 gapped to .56mm and 4,000kms old.
    Coils are original and 33,000kms old.

Any help would be much appreciated. I have had this turbo on for 6 months now and haven't been able to really push it yet.
    Luke, this must be extremely frustrating, we were having very similar problems with the car we did an in house install and testing with. One thing I can assure you is the turbo has nothing to do with your problems, it is providing the air for the equation, that is it. If you are making the target boost the turbo is doing its job, and as far as asking too much of it, not even close, we have had the exact same turbo to 30 psi now and it shrugged it off. When we were having the misfiring limp issues, they are up swiftly and out of nowhere, the car went from running fine, to running like crap and would completely a full pull without limping at anything over 17 psi. To fix it I went over everything in the car to make sure it was all plugged in properly, etc. I then flashed the car back to stock, put the JB firmware back to the standard JB firmware as we were running special firmware for high boost, and then flashed everything again, the problem completely went away, the car runs perfectly now. I also put brand new coils in the car, and plugs just to be safe, but it was limping even after that, so it was not a hardware issue. You will have to keep playing with it

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yeah it is a little frustrating as the issue seems fairly random so it is hard to diagnose.
    The few times I got a good pull in at 20psi it felt fast so that was encouraging at least.

What flash is that car running now, and is it still using the normal JB4 firmware?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yeah it is a little frustrating as the issue seems fairly random so it is hard to diagnose.
    The few times I got a good pull in at 20psi it felt fast so that was encouraging at least.

What flash is that car running now, and is it still using the normal JB4 firmware?
    tony was yours completely random or was it every time over xx psi? nugs issue to me seems like it may be plug coil or injector related
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

I think I'll put in new plugs and coils just to cross them off the list but I still think it is tuning related.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I'll run a stage2 turbo in january. Will see where it gets me!
    F20 M135i - Pure Turbo Stage 2 - BMS JB4 + Meth - Fuel-IT Platinum Port Injection + Stage 2 LPFP - Wagner Decat DP + EVO2 Comp FMIC - KW V1 - Quaife LSD - Recaro Pole Position - Breyton GTS-R's - LiteBlox LB2280 lw battery - Lightweight Titanium Exhaust

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Nugs - your car sounds like the absolute dogsbollocks.... wish they did NOT put witches hats on racetracks though.. seen a few massive prangs because of them

Good luck mate
    2005 Porsche 996 TTS RWD - Eurodyne 60-130 in 6.50s
    2015 Audi A3 2.0 TFSI - Eurodyne 0 - 100 in 10.67s
    2015 McLaren 650S (RHD) - UK - 1/3rd owner yet to drive

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

any luck ?
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

I don't actually own a laptop and I had to give back the Microsoft Surface I was borrowing, plus it's been raining here so no new logs.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

The N55 stage 2 we installed and got tuned to 24-21 psi in map6 is running very strong right now, the customer picked it up today, and is extremely happy. He is actually a road racer, and will be taking his car to the road course friday. We have no doubt he will beat his previous best lap time, and we should have some cool videos to post next week!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

A few quick blasts confirmed that Map 6 is no good either.
    Map 5 seems to work OK though, I'm just going to leave it in that as I cbf at the moment.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Hey Nugs...what's your next step?

I get my VTT installed this week and should be doing some logs on Monday. Hopefully you get your issue straightened out.
    2011 135i - N55 - JB4 ISO - FBO + Meth + Corn
    VTT JB Stage 2 with VTT Forge DV and VTT N55 Waste Gate Upgrade

Click here to enlarge
    Pump Gas
    60' ... 1.850
    1/8 MPH ... 98.06
    1/4 ... 11.735
    Trap ... 122.71

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Not really sure.
    I don't think it is a hardware issue but I'm going to put in new plugs and coils tonight just to eliminate them as a possibility.

I have the revised Vargas wastegate and shotgun HPFP coming when they are ready.
    Will install that along with a N20 tmap sensor and just keep throwing more e85 and boost at it and will see what happens.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

I installed 6 new coils and 6 new NGK plugs gapped slightly tighter at 0.020" (0.5mm).
    And it seems much better now, here are a couple of third gear logs.
    http://www.datazap.me/u/nugs/more-jb...log=0&data=1-4

Interestingly it would still break up/misfire when going WOT in second gear.
    I got around it by putting a boost limit on second gear.
    http://www.datazap.me/u/nugs/map-6-t...log=0&data=1-4
    1936.csv is second gear with no boost limit.
    1937.csv is second gear with 17psi boost limit.

Need to do some more testing to make sure it's all working as it should be. But reasonably pleased for the moment.

Anyone have any comments here?
    I think the change of hardware helped but there might still be some DME limits at work to cause the issue in second gear.
    Wouldn't mind full boost in second gear, traction is not really an issue since I got R888s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

How about if you up the dme boost in the 2 to 5k rpm range? Dme only sees 10 to 12 psi there. Only in high rpm it sees 14+ psi. Maybe you need higher dme target on your flash in the lower rpm?
    F20 M135i - Pure Turbo Stage 2 - BMS JB4 + Meth - Fuel-IT Platinum Port Injection + Stage 2 LPFP - Wagner Decat DP + EVO2 Comp FMIC - KW V1 - Quaife LSD - Recaro Pole Position - Breyton GTS-R's - LiteBlox LB2280 lw battery - Lightweight Titanium Exhaust

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Well it's good to hear that you have some improvements. I will let the gurus chime in for advise as I have no clue.

Your car looks amazing BTW.
    2011 135i - N55 - JB4 ISO - FBO + Meth + Corn
    VTT JB Stage 2 with VTT Forge DV and VTT N55 Waste Gate Upgrade

Click here to enlarge
    Pump Gas
    60' ... 1.850
    1/8 MPH ... 98.06
    1/4 ... 11.735
    Trap ... 122.71

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Darkiedm4 Click here to enlarge
    How about if you up the dme boost in the 2 to 5k rpm range? Dme only sees 10 to 12 psi there. Only in high rpm it sees 14+ psi. Maybe you need higher dme target on your flash in the lower rpm?
    I don't know how to do that.
    Using Terry's flash at the moment, and Dzenno won't do a backend flash as you can't monitor all 6 cylinders with the Cobb.

After things looking good it is back to it's old tricks. Quite frustrated at the moment.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Will copy across my posts from Terry's forum.
    Then I went for a longer drive yesterday and it wasn't as rosey as I first thought. This was on the same tank of fuel with no changes made.
    Initially the car would break up if I changed from second into third at WOT.
    The more I drove the worse it got, eventually it would either break up slightly, go into limp mode or kick me to map 4 if I went WOT in third.
    I tried lowering the map 6 targets which had no effect, I tried using map 5 and it would happen less often but it would still happen.

I am just about at my wits end with this car. Any suggestions or tips on how to troubleshoot this would be very much appreciated.
    Is there any other hardware I should try changing?
    The only thing I can think of is maybe getting a new LPFP?

http://datazap.me/u/nugs/more-map6-testing-bad-results

http://datazap.me/u/nugs/map-5-testing

Don't think it's a fault with the turbo, turbo is doing what I ask it to.
    It's either something mechanically wrong with my car or a software/tuning issue.
    I don't know which though.

Originally Posted by houtan Click here to enlarge
    Hey Nugs, did you ever run the jb4 with back end flash with ethanol with the stock turbo? Or flash only, stock turbo, and ethanol? Just curious if you were able to get ethanol working using either method with the stock turbo.

with the stock turbo I ran JB4 only on map 5 with flex fuel wires and e40. Ran fine and felt fast, I took the JB4 out for other reasons.

Then I spent three months with PTF trying to make a e30 map flash only. We got it working OK, but it would occasionally still exhibit this behaviour. We never finished it as I had the Vargas turbo installed.

After I got the bigger turbo installed PTF got the map for normal petrol working reasonably quickly. Then I tried to get a local tuner to do the ethanol map and he wasn't confident he could do it properly.

Then PTF spent around 4 months working on the e50 map without much success.

Then I reinstalled the JB4 and here I am.

I tried lower the map 6 targets to a flat 17psi.
    Pulled OK through third then the usual 'misfires' after the change into fourth.
    Datazap link below.

Unless anyone has another idea I guess I'll just keep lowering the target until it stops happening.

http://datazap.me/u/nugs/map6-17psi-...log=0&data=1-4
    Any help would be much appreciated. Also willing to pay any tuner who will work with me.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast