Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MSIZZLE Click here to enlarge
    Sticky i said what production cars(meaning stock) have that trap speed.
    The Saleen S7 Twin Turbo would technically qualify, right?

The f1 is a race car that is gutted and has nothing in it, that car is a luxury car so they dont have the same mission,
    Not true at all, the F1 actually has more cargo and passenger space because it was better thought out. It isn't stripped out, it weighs less because it is built intelligently and efficiently.

as far as the argument about the hp needed for that top speed when you start getting over 200 it starts taking more and more power to get more speed, and the ss weighs less,has different aero, more power, re mapped gear box, etc so they changed allot
    Read this regarding top speed, it will help:

As the drag increases as a square of the speed, the power requirement increases as a cube of the speed because the power itself is speed-dependent. The Veyron because of its high CDA figure and huge cooling drag needs 1001 hp to go 12 mph faster than a McLaren F1 producing 627 hp. To help understand the problem of starting a car program from a weak point aerodynamically, we do some calculations: A turbocharged F1 producing 1001 hp would achieve 281 mph assuming the same drivetrain efficiency. Another way of looking at this equation is that an F1 would need "only" 740 hp to reach the Bugatti's top speed. All this demonstrates just what an uphill struggle the Bugatti team faced to achieve their targets.
    It isn't once you start getting over 200, it is when you have a poor coefficient of drag and keep trying to push it higher and higher. Since the McLaren F1 has a better design it can go further with less power. That is why mathematically with the same power it would hit a far higher top speed. That is why the Veyron is overrated, it needs a ton of power to push a comparatively poor design past something done in the early 90's with far less power. Goes to show you which was engineered better.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Too say the F1 is more "advanced" wouldnt be accurate. For example, the wing of the veyron is actually made from the same material as the space shuttle. That car is so technologically advanced and I think some you guys are underestimating it. I actually saw a documentary on how they veyron is made. Its absolutely insane, you guys should check it out. There is no other car on the planet that is as advanced as the veyron is. I dont think its overrated at all, but thats just me

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    besides the F1 only had 1 seat right in the middle didnt it?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fast4door Click here to enlarge
    Too say the F1 is more "advanced" wouldnt be accurate. For example, the wing of the veyron is actually made from the same material as the space shuttle. That car is so technologically advanced and I think some you guys are underestimating it. I actually saw a documentary on how they veyron is made. Its absolutely insane, you guys should check it out. There is no other car on the planet that is as advanced as the veyron is. I dont think its overrated at all, but thats just me
    Gordon Murray was referring to the body and he is quite correct. The McLaren F1 is better engineered, he supports that quite well.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    besides the F1 only had 1 seat right in the middle didnt it?
    It had 3 seats.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    lol..of course Gordon Murray is going to say that..hes designed the F1. Thats not exactly a objective opinion if you ask me lol. I think youre just biased towards the F1 because of the BMW powerplant

check this out

"http://www.youtube.com/v/RXqSedWSu2k...</param><param

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The Veyron could have been a lot of things but was purpose built to be exactly what it is...SEX.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    lol..of course Gordon Murray is going to say that..hes designed the F1. Thats not exactly a objective opinion if you ask me lol. I think youre just biased towards the F1 because of the BMW powerplant
    And when he backs it up with the math to support it, what do you say to that? He isn't providing just his opinion, he is providing his outlook as an engineer.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    All Im saying is I wouldnt exactly trust what Murray is saying about the veyron since he designed the F1. I wouldnt expect him to praise the car that stole the record from his F1.
    I would love to hear what an objective enginner has to say about the two cars, one that has no horse in the race, so to speak. Im sure if I dig enough on the internet I can find something but thats the beauty of the internet..you can always find something to prove your point..doesnt neccesarily mean its accurate though.

The F1 is a great car, we all know that...but essentialy its a race car. The veyron is a luxury car that goes 240mph(or whatever it is). All you have to do is look at the interior pictures of the two to see my point. If I was spending that kind of money on a car, I would atleast want it to have ABS(which the F1 does not). But I guess we can agree to disagree on this one Sticky..everyone is entitled to thier own opinion Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I wouldnt expect him to praise the car that stole the record from his F1.
    He did praise it, and he also said he blamed himself for pushing the ridiculous top speed as a measure nonsense as that was not even his goal.

I would love to hear what an objective enginner has to say about the two cars, one that has no horse in the race, so to speak.
    The guy designed the best supercar the world had ever seen, who is better to judge? Read what he actually said.

Im sure if I dig enough on the internet I can find something but thats the beauty of the internet..you can always find something to prove your point..doesnt neccesarily mean its accurate though.
    Gordon Murray isn't the same as just anyone. If some random person nobody knows says the Hyundai Elantra is the best supercar in the world, it is irrelevant if that supports your argument as it is weak support. The quality of it and how it is applied matters.

The F1 is a great car, we all know that...but essentialy its a race car. The veyron is a luxury car that goes 240mph(or whatever it is).
    The F1 is essentially a do everything car. It can actually carry luggage, it can carry 3 people, you can use it. The Veyron has poor sight lines and little space. In reality, the McLaren is far more useful, yet another thing that is commendable about it.

All you have to do is look at the interior pictures of the two to see my point.
    And factor in the production difference of over a decade.

I would atleast want it to have ABS(which the F1 does not)
    The F1 isn't a 2 ton behemoth, Murray designed the F1 to be a pure drivers car and in that respect it is superior to the Veyron.

But I guess we can agree to disagree on this one Sticky..everyone is entitled to thier own opinion
    Yes we can and they sure are.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    what are you really getting for your mil?
    A really, really heavy status symbol. LOL.....

That GT-R is nasty, would love to know mods!!!!!!!
    Click here to enlarge
    sales@ardesign.info | tel. 303.351.3515| www.ardesign.info
    Powering some of the world's fastest BMWs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12