Close

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    wow, a potential POSITIVE to having a RHD N54?

thought i'd never see the day..

No, sorry. I think its just a 'not negative'.
    Click here to enlarge
    Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 1200+ Members Strong!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/n5xenthusiasts/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Tony-Absolutely amazing. You literally continue to raise the N54 bar. There are a couple of M5 owners who may make a quick right turn if a VTT car pulls up next to them at a light Click here to enlarge Be blessed brother!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TheChasL Click here to enlarge
    Tony-Absolutely amazing. You literally continue to raise the N54 bar. There are a couple of M5 owners who may make a quick right turn if a VTT car pulls up next to them at a light Click here to enlarge Be blessed brother!
    Thank you sir, we appreciate the kind words!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Got some good news and bad news for the E60 guys, the good news is, we just had an E60 arrive to have us swap the front turbo CHRA, got it up in the air and took a good look at it, while the belt routing is exactly the same, the upgrade will NOT fit, for whatever reason on these cars they route the AC lines directly where the external pump would fit, looks like another let down for the E60 crowd. Sorry guys...Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Got some good news and bad news for the E60 guys, the good news is, we just had an E60 arrive to have us swap the front turbo CHRA, got it up in the air and took a good look at it, while the belt routing is exactly the same, the upgrade will NOT fit, for whatever reason on these cars they route the AC lines directly where the external pump would fit, looks like another let down for the E60 crowd. Sorry guys...Click here to enlarge
    E60 people just can't catch a break.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge

Who is capable of manufacturing new AC lines. Is that even possible?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by klipseracer Click here to enlarge
    They are the hard aluminum lines and they literally run in the exact spot the pump occupies, I think this seals the fate of the upgrade on the E60 as there really is no where else to mount the pump, and those lines do not look like they can be moved. If its any consolation you should be able to run the PTF PI once it comes out so you guys wont be completely out in the cold for fueling.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

5 out of 5 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    E60 people just can't catch a break.
    Race cars don't need AC... we'll get past this. 750whp should keep you and your 4 passengers pretty 'cool' Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by continue5 Click here to enlarge
    Race cars don't need AC... we'll get past this. 750whp should keep you and your 4 passengers pretty 'cool' Click here to enlarge
    Amen! LOL
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    626 Post(s)

+1 on ditching AC! Click here to enlarge

Although, I'm torn myself on going full race with say our 135i. I've done it before on other cars and its fun. But makes the car very one dimensional.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

it's fine e60 guys just go to meijer and buy one of those plug in fans, gets the job done
    '08 535xi - fbo

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I'd like to know if this is a possible mod for the E60 which based on the comments-it's not. I have an 08 535xi, and I'll happily call in with card in hand to order one, but it sounds like E60 folks might be left out here Click here to enlarge
    I can't run w/o AC lines in Texas! Maybe it's time to go S85 for a while...

I love having the 5 series for the tad extra room for passengers, but darned if we don't get left out on a lot of mod's due to the lower number of 5er folks modding.
    Last edited by TheChasL; 05-31-2014 at 08:36 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TheChasL Click here to enlarge
    I can't run w/o AC lines in Texas!
    If you really have no problem with $ if you want to mod. There are people that can make you custom AC lines. They're not hard at all to customize and I've had itdone to my Cobalt SS because the turbo blew the line up twice etc.

Make a deal with Tony, buy the pump. Take it to a reputable shop that is willing to work with you on this and it shouldn't be that hard if the AC line is the only thing in place. If the belt and everything else lines up, just move that ac line and install that pump. If all else works and you have a working solution, have Tony break you off some bread for the R&D.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    If you really have no problem with $ if you want to mod. There are people that can make you custom AC lines. They're not hard at all to customize and I've had itdone to my Cobalt SS because the turbo blew the line up twice etc.

Make a deal with Tony, buy the pump. Take it to a reputable shop that is willing to work with you on this and it shouldn't be that hard if the AC line is the only thing in place. If the belt and everything else lines up, just move that ac line and install that pump. If all else works and you have a working solution, have Tony break you off some bread for the R&D.
    +1 I've pre-ordered the upgrade and will let all the E60 guys know if there is a way of keeping A/C in place once we have it here. I'm not keeping my hopes too high though, and probably won't miss the AC too much once summer is gone as Chicago seems to be in the 30s for the majority of the year Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by continue5 Click here to enlarge
    +1 I've pre-ordered the upgrade and will let all the E60 guys know if there is a way of keeping A/C in place once we have it here. I'm not keeping my hopes too high though, and probably won't miss the AC too much once summer is gone as Chicago seems to be in the 30s for the majority of the year Click here to enlarge
    I can safely say as the person who designed the pump, mouting system, and having an E60 at the shop right now, there is 0% it fits with the lines in stock location, on the E9X's there is a water line that runs where these lines run, this is why the line has to me moved, but its much easier to move a water line than it is a hard aluminum high pressure line. It can be done, but it will be a lot more work.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

I can safely say as the person who designed the pump, mouting system, and having an E60 at the shop right now, there is 0% it fits with the lines in stock location, on the E9X's there is a water line that runs where these lines run, this is why the line has to me moved, but its much easier to move a water line than it is a hard aluminum high pressure line. It can be done, but it will be a lot more work.

Work? WORK? We like work. For fueling, people will move a mountain.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Nice work, Tony. I always thought over driving the pump would boost it's output, up to a point like you found out. I never considered driving it from the accessory belt, however. Keep up the good work.

Concerning the A/C lines in the 5 series, if you've come to the point where you need this pump, you should just pony up and move the lines.
    Eppur si muove.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Man I wish Toronto had E85..such bs

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

How are things progressing with the Single and Double barrel kit's? Not sure which one would best suit my needs for 700-750 whp. Also, this may have been asked and responded, can the single barrel be upgraded to double @ an upgrade price?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by NJrep335i Click here to enlarge
    How are things progressing with the Single and Double barrel kit's? Not sure which one would best suit my needs for 700-750 whp. Also, this may have been asked and responded, can the single barrel be upgraded to double @ an upgrade price?
    Whats up man, things are actually moving along very nicely, final drawings were completed about 2 weeks ago, they are in the queue at our local CNC shop to get the final Prototype cut strictly for final fitment purposes to make sure everything is perfect, once that is complete, we move into production on the housings, brackets, shafts, etc. We are happy with the progress. For 700-750WHP you will need Double Barrel, do not even bother with a single at those levels it will not provide enough fuel. If you do decide to go single for now, yes it can be upgraded later for an upgrade price.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by klipseracer Click here to enlarge
    It's possible easily actually if you can find the right company... when I put the Northstar in the fireo it needed custom lines to clear the long tube headers, there was a local company in Denver that was able to make what I needed, wistler bearing I think was the name they did all sorts of custom hose, price was like $200 iirc, it was a while back.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by V8Bait Click here to enlarge
    It's possible easily actually if you can find the right company... when I put the Northstar in the fireo it needed custom lines to clear the long tube headers, there was a local company in Denver that was able to make what I needed, wistler bearing I think was the name they did all sorts of custom hose, price was like $200 iirc, it was a while back.
    Couldn't any tig welder just re weld some up? Its aluminum.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Zee Click here to enlarge
    Couldn't any tig welder just re weld some up? Its aluminum.
    Yep my ac manifold was cut/welded by a tig guy there then they crimped new lines that were longer on and ac blew cold as ice

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by V8Bait Click here to enlarge
    Or maybe it just costs $200 and install labor?
    Click here to enlarge

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast