Close

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blisstik Click here to enlarge
    Nice job Tony! I do have a couple questions. 1) Is the single barrel enough for 100% E85 on upgraded stock frame turbos (RBs or VTT S2)? 2) Is there any warranty for failed hardware? and 3) Will I need to send in my stock HPFP first in order to get it modified?
    Please read the Q & A, your first question is answered there, of course we offer a 1 year warranty for failed hardware, ie housing, etc, we do not offer any warranty for failed pumps, We all know these pumps are not the best design, BMW has been sued, and issued a recall over them, they are better now but they are still prone to failure, this upgrade is designed to take their failed experiment and allow it to flow enough fuel to run the WHP levels we are coming up on without adding fuel from outsides sources, we found the pumps holding up very well during our testing, we blew up a bunch of them, but everyone was blown up by us doing something to it we shouldn't have, once we got everything playing nicely we never lost another one. #3 We do not touch the pumps, the system uses stock pumps, we do suggest removing the filter in the inlet of the pump as it is very restrictive, but we wanted this upgrade to use stock pumps, and it does, you will need to either send in your rail, or we can provide a modified one and charge you a core until we receive yours back.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    You will have no additional capacity but you will get a slight benefit cost wise as you will not need to pay the rail core if you get a "Single Barrel" kit as the rail mods are the same. For the "Double Barrel" kit it wont matter as the rail has more modifications to accept the second feed line.
    So what I have won't save me any money for the double barrel kit. We'll will the single barrel be good enough for stage 3 twins? In for this product anyway.
    Titanium Silver E92 09 BMW 335i xdrive 6AT
    KW V3 coilovers, AMS FMIC, AR Catless DP, Walbro 455 LPFP, BMS DCI, Alpina B3 Trans Flash, Vargas HPFP and Rail
    Protuned via Cobb by JR TUNED @ PandL Motorsports
    75%E85/25%93 blend 430awhp/470lbs tq on AWD Dynojet
    Dyno Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iE6Ed...ature=youtu.be

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Why does the single barrel dip at 3.5K RPM? Is that when it starts to activate?
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750 / MHD+JB4 / ADV / SB REAR O2

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Why does the single barrel dip at 3.5K RPM? Is that when it starts to activate?
    They both dip there, if you look at logs no idea why, the DME has full control at that RPM, its most likely because it sees the HPFP over REQ and then yanks it back, overshoots and then finally gets it smoothed out (honestly we do not know, but that seems plausible), that dip is there in every log. Also I am not sure you read fully through the thread, the single barrel is just a single pump running at all times like the stock pump, there is no activation point.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Honestly no idea if it will fit the N55, we have not test fit it at all on an N55, the motors are similar, so I assume it might, but I am sure certain things would have to be changed, once we get the N54 version on the shelves, if someone wants to bring us an N55 to test fit on, we can see what needs to be changed it anything.
    let me know when you get them in stock, ill drive up so you can test fit both versions on my n55 and we can see what works best...as the hybrid turbo is only the 1st step for this car going top mount soon after we get the fueling problem handled
    Click here to enlarge <-- Click on pic for the build thread Full 1m bodywork on. Pure Stage 2 Turbo, helix 2step intercooler, i-carbon thermal coated downpipe, JB4 Iso tune, Seibon Gtr hood , i carbon trunk,WW meth,p, Sparta 2 piece rotors, black lines, apex ec'7s, cks coil overs

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Good stuff! Very exciting. I take it there will be extensive instructions provided? lol
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

$#@!ing awesome Tony!!
    335xi (sold)
    www.datazap.me - fast, free, interactive datalogs

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Dang Tony. Just got your turbo. Now this.

New bumper sticker... All my money goes to VTT! Click here to enlarge

Congrats btw!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Exciting stuff. I'll take 3 of them for our development ST cars. Click here to enlarge
    Wish I was a development car LOL

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alpinedevil335 Click here to enlarge
    @fastgti69 add it to the list!
    Yep, that's on the list and looks like I'll prob have to go in the tank again and swap the inline out as well.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    is said activation system fairly reliable? Is it a smooth engagement, too? say you set it just before your single pump would take a dump, is it totally un-noticeable except maybe a tiny blip on a log? (or is that refinement to come from stage 3 E85 testing?) - it sounds like the JB4 if it can be programmed right will absolutely love this setup Click here to enlarge

what's the downside to having it ALWAYS activated? the stock control just doesn't know what to do with it/too much flow or something?

With the 'double barrel' system, should it provide actually double the flow

also cool to know you worked out that you COULD overdrive it after you tried for long enough haha, even if it had to be a very precise level of overdrive Click here to enlarge

hopefully not haha

.. time to find the limits of the stock INJECTORS now.. how exciting is that? (not sarcastic, that's amazing the platform is able to do that in a few months!!)

*adds to list* because i just NEEDED to have another couple of grand to spend haha
    I missed these questions sorry about that

#1 it is extremely reliable
    #2 engagement is basically undetectable, if you look at the logs you really cannot see where it comes in, this is with a small amount of fuel being added
    #3 You cannot have it always activated for multiple reasons I wont get into, but lets just say the DME doesn't like it and start shutting things off

#4 I never said it could not be overdriven, I said trying to overdrive it in the stock location was a very bad idea and most likely impossible idea due to the location, chain drive etc.

#5 The Injectors are not going to be an issue ever on this engine if the flow numbers are correct, too high an RPM level might be as the injection window will get to small, the motor is really the next limitation. Thanks for the questions!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

#5 The Injectors are not going to be an issue ever on this engine if the flow numbers are correct, too high an RPM level might be as the injection window will get to small, the motor is really the next limitation. Thanks for the questions!
    That's the hardest thing about DI engines, the timing for injection window gets tiny for the amount of fuel needed in the higher rpms too. It's pretty crazy how it works and I honestly commend you Tony for getting into this game with basic knowledge on the n54 and now you're a Guru with how it all works, from turbo to fueling.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

I wish Tony would do a bundle deal with the S2 turbos + Single Barrel HPFP...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

I wish Tony would do a bundle deal with the S2 turbos + Single Barrel HPFP...
    We plan on offering Shotgun and turbo upgrade bundles 100%, we will announcing pricing on those very soon.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

We plan on offering Shotgun and turbo upgrade bundles 100%, we will announcing pricing on those very soon.
    I want a group buy Tony lol.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Include install price too. Almost turn-key Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    I want a group buy Tony lol.
    Not a big fan of group buys, its very easy people to say they want something and put their name on a list, when it comes time to buy it there are many excuses as to why they can't. People can knock us taking pre-order deposits, but we only take them for one purpose, if you have something tied to your decision to buy, you almost always follow through.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

People can knock us taking pre-order deposits, but we only take them for one purpose, if you have something tied to your decision to buy, you almost always follow through.
    I am 100% on pre-order deposits. I wouldn't make something that costs 1k+ for someone unless I knew I have half of their money first for materials. It's for both parties and like insurance.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

This is very smart and a package is a great idea.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Hopefully that includes stage 3 preorder peeps too! Actually I was quite disappointed you didn't toss one in the box with the meth kit. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Very professional. Very impressive. You have a customer here!
    pt6466 FFTEC 335i
    gtx3076r FFTEC Evo IX

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Fantastic. Looks like they'll be available just in time to fit my plans. Thanks for all your hard work in getting this sorted Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

@VagasTurboTech Tony I read that your test car had a walbro 450 in tank as well as inline. I thought this would draw to much power and result in blown fuses. Will your stage 3 turbo customers or big ST folks require this type of lpfp upgrading as well?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BoostinBiscayne Click here to enlarge
    @VagasTurboTech Tony I read that your test car had a walbro 450 in tank as well as inline. I thought this would draw to much power and result in blown fuses. Will your stage 3 turbo customers or big ST folks require this type of lpfp upgrading as well?
    We have not had a single blown fuse or even the phantom fuel pump warning consistently since we installed the dual 450's running on the stock wiring, all we did was put in a 25amp fuse over the stock 20 amp and it has been working flawlessly for us for thousands of miles. We will be switching over to a 450 parallel set up in the near future though, it would pull similar amps and should flow more fuel

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

I missed these questions sorry about that

#1 it is extremely reliable
    #2 engagement is basically undetectable, if you look at the logs you really cannot see where it comes in, this is with a small amount of fuel being added
    #3 You cannot have it always activated for multiple reasons I wont get into, but lets just say the DME doesn't like it and start shutting things off

#4 I never said it could not be overdriven, I said trying to overdrive it in the stock location was a very bad idea and most likely impossible idea due to the location, chain drive etc.

1 Awesome

2 Awesome again, and with the next

3 right fair enough - 'because reasons'/'because DME' is good enough lol i can think of a few, probably wrong but it makes sense lol.

so (i'm sure you'll answer this later or whatever so no need to now) you'd set the activation RPM to just a bit before the stock pump gets overwhelmed, a few hundred RPM or something.. also to keep it alive longer i guess?

4 ok fair enough again haha, much easier to change pulley/belt length on your current setup.

5 yeah that's true. I'm talking about at high RPM's injection window though yes, When i worked it out i could well have been wrong and or the numbers could be 'conservative' (75% or whatever) - am just thinking E85+7krpm or higher + 700whp+ could show the limits. Steady state/mid RPM, like you say, if the numbers are correct, no worries haha. I hope i'm wrong!

thanks very much for the replies! Great answers Click here to enlarge

We have not had a single blown fuse or even the phantom fuel pump warning consistently since we installed the dual 450's running on the stock wiring, all we did was put in a 25amp fuse over the stock 20 amp and it has been working flawlessly for us for thousands of miles. We will be switching over to a 450 parallel set up in the near future though, it would pull similar amps and should flow more fuel
    what about the wiring itself? for sustained high load on dual 450 pumps i mean

probably something better sorted out with experimentation, i guess.
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

10-4 Tony, Very cool indeed, thanks for clarifying this.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast