Close

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 245
  1. #51
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Jersey City
    Posts
    3,857
    Rep Points
    3,642.6
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    37


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    BTW, anything new on your M3? Any plans for some Gintani goodness?
    I have a evolve supercharger.... thats the only new thing. My next plans might include a bbk, new rear diffusor, bmw performance seats.. Right now i'm just enjoying the car
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

  2. #52
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2,931
    Rep Points
    921.6
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    I have a evolve supercharger.... thats the only new thing. My next plans might include a bbk, new rear diffusor, bmw performance seats.. Right now i'm just enjoying the car
    Gotcha, good stuff man
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

    Click here to enlarge

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Encino,CA
    Posts
    8,009
    Rep Points
    5,697.7
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    57


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    I have a evolve supercharger.... thats the only new thing. My next plans might include a bbk, new rear diffusor, bmw performance seats.. Right now i'm just enjoying the car
    I want to enjoy your car too lol.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

    It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,829
    Rep Points
    31,808.7
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Still interested to hear how they're boost controlling, someone on M3P said they're not using an EBC so I'm wondering if they're just running spring pressure... Not ideal, but for a stock motor kit it makes sense; just make changes to the Ignition Timing/Fueling for different fuel octanes (91 vs 93 vs 100+ vs E85).


    Was also nice to hear they're still running the OEM fuel system.
    They are not letting anyone mess with boost on the stock internal kit. Some guy will buy it, turn it up, blow the motor, then complain as if it's Gintani's fault.

    Stages 2 and 3 will have an electronic boost controller.

    Gintani will raise the boost on the car for their own testing. 9 psi on stock internals isn't a problem. If someone really wanted to push the motor it would be fun to see what the S65 could do on stock internals.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    1,079
    Rep Points
    904.6
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    my guess is around 700 hp, that's what has been speculated for the s85
    '08 535xi - fbo

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,117
    Rep Points
    962.8
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    How does the C63 'murder' the M3? The M3 is a much better car especially on the track.

    Viper SRT10? Yeah that's definitely a four seat car.

    I'll take my 8500+ rpm V8 with a DCT over anything you mentioned which frankly are not even logical comparisons. You might as well throw an F430 Scuderia in the mix too.
    While I agree with you that the c63 doesn't "murder" the m3 I also strongly disagree by your statement that the m3 is a much better car which is BS. both cars cost the same amount I drove both and walked away with a c63 because I liked it a fair amount better like many others have as well as people walking away liking the m3 better. Neither is a clear winner its all about personal preference. Besides the m156 is a tenth or 2 away from a 8 second pass with better traction they better get to cracking the boost on this.

    The s65 is far superior to an n54 don't get how some arque this. Yes for a "base" level car the n54 is probably the best to come out from the germans outdoing benzes weak N/A 350's and audis 3.0 TFSI but they shouldn't be compared to S models and don't forget the whole chassis/suspension you get with an m3.

    A good example is looking at Terry 135 with a 5862 Twin scroll its making less power than the gintani m3 while running triple the boost (not really comparable with different motors but shows the s65's heads/top end are breathing a lot better) and also using a E30 mix PLUS meth for way more octane then the m3. http://www.bimmerboost.com/content.p...o-Dyno-Testing

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,829
    Rep Points
    31,808.7
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ezec63 Click here to enlarge
    While I agree with you that the c63 doesn't "murder" the m3 I also strongly disagree by your statement that the m3 is a much better car which is BS.
    It's not BS. The M3 is better balanced, handles better, lighter, and offers a manual OR DCT option. It's the superior driver's car, no contest really.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ezec63 Click here to enlarge
    Neither is a clear winner its all about personal preference. Besides the m156 is a tenth or 2 away from a 8 second pass with better traction they better get to cracking the boost on this.
    I agree it ultimately is subjective but there are objective categories where the M3 is better especially as a driver's car. The automatic transmission in the C63 says a lot about its focus. It is more of a blunt instrument to the M3's sharp scalpel.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ezec63 Click here to enlarge
    A good example is looking at Terry 135 with a 5862 Twin scroll its making less power than the gintani m3 while running triple the boost (not really comparable with different motors but shows the s65's heads/top end are breathing a lot better) and also using a E30 mix PLUS meth for way more octane then the m3.
    Exactly. I mean it's a stupid argument IMO and I don't know why people make it. The N54 is a great bolt on motor and it is great that people tune them. However, a 4.0 liter V8 at over 8000 rpm that makes over 100 hp per liter off the showroom floor is already built to breathe. As you correctly alluded to, a little forced air goes a long way on it.

    Now to see a lot of forced air Click here to enlarge

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,117
    Rep Points
    962.8
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    It's not BS. The M3 is better balanced, handles better, lighter, and offers a manual OR DCT option. It's the superior driver's car, no contest really.



    I agree it ultimately is subjective but there are objective categories where the M3 is better especially as a driver's car. The automatic transmission in the C63 says a lot about its focus. It is more of a blunt instrument to the M3's sharp scalpel.



    Exactly. I mean it's a stupid argument IMO and I don't know why people make it. The N54 is a great bolt on motor and it is great that people tune them. However, a 4.0 liter V8 at over 8000 rpm that makes over 100 hp per liter off the showroom floor is already built to breathe. As you correctly alluded to, a little forced air goes a long way on it.

    Now to see a lot of forced air Click here to enlarge
    Obviously I don't agree with the first statement the c63 to me is a hell of a lot more fun as a street car then the m3 and I extensively drove both of them. You really need to drive a facelift c63 coupe totally different animal then the pre face lift sedans. The steering feel is better on the c63 communicating the road better as all reviews have pointed out and its just a hooligan and awesome fun on the street. While the m3 might be quicker on tighter tracks due to weight ive seen the c63 coupe pull out better times especially if the track has long straights and high speed corners. Regardless its preference if I liked the m3 better I would've bought it and you would've got the c63 if you liked it better so this wont go to far and don't want to muddy up this thread just felt like throwing my 2 cents in ;-p

    Back on topic I'm excited to see where this goes !! Are you dead set on throwing these on?? I mean your motor is already built/sleeved so youd be able to crank these up. Whats the estimated ceiling on these turbos ? GTX 28's im assuming

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,829
    Rep Points
    31,808.7
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ezec63 Click here to enlarge
    Obviously I don't agree with the first statement the c63 to me is a hell of a lot more fun as a street car then the m3 and I extensively drove both of them. You really need to drive a facelift c63 coupe totally different animal then the pre face lift sedans.
    I've driven it, considered a purchase, and have been in many M156 cars. The M3 to me is the better driver's car and more enjoyable in that respect. The C63 is a great car, don't get me wrong. I just don't think it's as good as the M3.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ezec63 Click here to enlarge
    While the m3 might be quicker on tighter tracks due to weight ive seen the c63 coupe pull out better times especially if the track has long straights and high speed corners
    The only C63 that can beat the M3 around the track is the Black Series and then I'd of course say look at the M3 GTS. That said, the M3 is the lighter and better balanced car.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ezec63 Click here to enlarge
    Regardless its preference if I liked the m3 better I would've bought it and you would've got the c63 if you liked it better
    Exactly.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ezec63 Click here to enlarge
    Are you dead set on throwing these on?? I mean your motor is already built/sleeved so youd be able to crank these up. Whats the estimated ceiling on these turbos ? GTX 28's im assuming
    Yes I'm going to throw these on as soon as I set the records I want to set and then sell the kit. I'll be going with GT35R's unless I can fit something bigger. Time to show people just how 'weak' the M3 is Click here to enlarge

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    London and USA
    Posts
    2,061
    Rep Points
    1,444.9
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rawad1017 Click here to enlarge
    my guess is around 700 hp, that's what has been speculated for the s85
    Arent the rods/bearings/studs better than that ?
    2005 Porsche 996 TTS RWD - Eurodyne 60-130 in 6.50s
    2015 Audi A3 2.0 TFSI - Eurodyne 0 - 100 in 10.67s
    2015 McLaren 650S (RHD) - UK - 1/3rd owner yet to drive


    Click here to enlarge



  11. #61
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,829
    Rep Points
    31,808.7
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Group.america Click here to enlarge
    Arent the rods/bearings/studs better than that ?
    If we are going to talk about what the S85 can do they are well into the 700's to the wheels with the SC. So, turbos will do some insane things.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    London and USA
    Posts
    2,061
    Rep Points
    1,444.9
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    If we are going to talk about what the S85 can do they are well into the 700's to the wheels with the SC. So, turbos will do some insane things.
    Built S85 should be in the 1xxx class......
    2005 Porsche 996 TTS RWD - Eurodyne 60-130 in 6.50s
    2015 Audi A3 2.0 TFSI - Eurodyne 0 - 100 in 10.67s
    2015 McLaren 650S (RHD) - UK - 1/3rd owner yet to drive


    Click here to enlarge



  13. #63
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,829
    Rep Points
    31,808.7
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Group.america Click here to enlarge
    Built S85 should be in the 1xxx class......
    I see no reason why it would not be.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    London and USA
    Posts
    2,061
    Rep Points
    1,444.9
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I see no reason why it would not be.
    Someone with $$$ to spend.

    One of the favourite motors I have thrashed around but the car behind them leaves a lot to be desired for mind..............plus people who bought these and then dumped them are onto F10's and E63 AMG (forgot that engine) and used F430's, Porker 997.1 TT etc

    I think undercover were looking at doing an TT S85 build this year ????
    2005 Porsche 996 TTS RWD - Eurodyne 60-130 in 6.50s
    2015 Audi A3 2.0 TFSI - Eurodyne 0 - 100 in 10.67s
    2015 McLaren 650S (RHD) - UK - 1/3rd owner yet to drive


    Click here to enlarge



  15. #65
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    3,293
    Rep Points
    1,435.7
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    The only C63 that can beat the M3 around the track is the Black Series and then I'd of course say look at the M3 GTS. That said, the M3 is the lighter and better balanced car.

    Yes I'm going to throw these on as soon as I set the records I want to set and then sell the kit. I'll be going with GT35R's unless I can fit something bigger. Time to show people just how 'weak' the M3 is Click here to enlarge
    pity there's only 250 GTS's :/

    twin 35R's, y'all best be shooting for like 1200whp lol.

    i love how this devolves into an N54 vs S65 debate like always.. i stand by S65 better motor in many respects, but either can make more than enough power easily for 99.9999999% of cases, so who gives a $#@!?

    can't wait for built motor built head S65 turbo results Click here to enlarge

    and 28r's in this kit?.. even with these, built motor, they could flow 900hp at least.
    boop

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,829
    Rep Points
    31,808.7
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    and 28r's in this kit?.. even with these, built motor, they could flow 900hp at least.
    Definitely. Only insane people who want to push the limits will need more. The car is seriously fun at 600 whp. On race gas and 10 psi it should get close to 135 miles per hour or so in the 1/4 if I were to guess on the stock internals. You could probably go up to 12 psi if you addressed the bearings but someone with huevos needs to find out.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    i love how this devolves into an N54 vs S65 debate like always..
    It really doesn't need to.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    twin 35R's, y'all best be shooting for like 1200whp lol.
    I've been researching 35R's and it looks like they can support around that level. Maybe more with a 4.4-4.6 liter? Click here to enlarge

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  17. #67
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Louisville ky
    Posts
    716
    Rep Points
    551.3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    The S54 is great but the S65 is about to rule all. Watch.
    Let see how it holds up after it hits the 1000hp mark. When they release the s85 tt kit that will $#@! on EVERYTHING

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,829
    Rep Points
    31,808.7
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by G0TB00ST? Click here to enlarge
    Let see how it holds up after it hits the 1000hp mark. When they release the s85 tt kit that will $#@! on EVERYTHING
    Well, yes. The S85 is the best motor from BMW M to ever grace an M car, period.

    I was speaking in the context of the M3 of course. If only BMW put the V10 under the hood of something lighter, eh?

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    657
    Rep Points
    743.6
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Yes Reputation No
    Id love to see a TT S85... I don't even care if its in a BMW... It would be amazing
    Click here to enlarge
    FBO's. Spec S2+. E85.

  20. #70
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Louisville ky
    Posts
    716
    Rep Points
    551.3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    @Sticky something like the i8...

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    3,293
    Rep Points
    1,435.7
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I've been researching 35R's and it looks like they can support around that level. Maybe more with a 4.4-4.6 liter? Click here to enlarge
    yep, garrett lists them as 450-750hp a piece, and they should be pretty happy around the mid 3x PSI Click here to enlarge... 1200 won't stress 2 by any means.

    4.4 will help spool that's for sure.. wouldn't want to sacrifice revs though Click here to enlarge
    boop

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,829
    Rep Points
    31,808.7
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    wouldn't want to sacrifice revs though
    F it. 4.4 liter and rev it to 10k. Let's break some stuff. Maybe a few hearts.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    1,079
    Rep Points
    904.6
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Group.america Click here to enlarge
    Arent the rods/bearings/studs better than that ?
    well, there are some supercharged S85s on low boost that hold up just fine and there's one guy who has a VT2 who has dynoed mid 600whp has put 20k boosted miles, but his engine is built with treated bearings. engines have blown stock and tuned because of the whole rod bearing headache.

    to say BMW has done some cost cutting measures in building the S85/S65 would be kinda accurate. seeing all the ruckus with NA engines failing due to the whole rod bearing BS that's happened you can't say BMW kinda made it tight in there, and the old engines had $#@! leaded rod bearings. like stock motor i think the engine is just too sensitive in that area to handle big power. that's a whole nother bunch of threads though.

    built motor with corrections in those areas will make consistent insane power.
    '08 535xi - fbo

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    1,079
    Rep Points
    904.6
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Well, yes. The S85 is the best motor from BMW M to ever grace an M car, period.
    Click here to enlarge
    '08 535xi - fbo

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,829
    Rep Points
    31,808.7
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rawad1017 Click here to enlarge
    to say BMW has done some cost cutting measures in building the S85/S65 would be kinda accurate. seeing all the ruckus with NA engines failing due to the whole rod bearing BS that's happened you can't say BMW kinda made it tight in there, and the old engines had $#@! leaded rod bearings. like stock motor i think the engine is just too sensitive in that area to handle big power. that's a whole nother bunch of threads though.

    built motor with corrections in those areas will make consistent insane power.
    This is right.

    If you address the tolerances, bearings, and all that, the motors are unstoppable.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •