Close

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu Click here to enlarge
    lol.. waitasec. You're referring to me?? Oh the irony. Click here to enlarge
    Isn't Adrian more qualified to be answering these questions?

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Of course it matters to an extent but if you think other product companies are truthful in there advertising all the time, your not a car guy, or even have common sense. The facts are that its part of the game, who can make their product seem superior over the others so they sell. Its marketing 101. Even presidential candidates throw the dirt around so dont crusify the guy for something so obviously but base your opinions on things that really matter. like the product and the quality of it, end of story. If its bad these brands will fold up like so many companies before them and if its good, they'll stick around and keep trying to stay on top.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by zolop8 Click here to enlarge
    Its marketing 101
    Agreed, and that is what was at work, marketing. Not technical expertise, tuning know-how, or anything else.

like the product and the quality of it, end of story.
    The product is good, and some wish to praise it. If so, they should at least be praising the correct party.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    but if the people who create it don't have a problem staying behind the curtains and letting someone be the figure head, why should anyone?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    we want to know the real story, is that so wrong?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    but if the people who create it don't have a problem staying behind the curtains and letting someone be the figure head, why should anyone?
    It is their business to sell the hardware and allow private labeling.

This happens in the wine industry all the time. You buy a private label for a certain price that is actually using grapes that another label at a different price point is using. Knowing what goes into it allows the consumer to make a far more educated decision on what to buy. What harm is there in knowing all the details? What benefit is there from hiding it from the consumer? I can only see it benefiting one party, and that is not the one making the purchase.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    the benefits are that now you don't have a preconception of the product because of who is involved making it and therefore baseing a decision on prejudices you have on someone involved with the project. True it would be nice to have an idea of whats really going on but does apple or sony let you know who there lead engineers are or who is doing what? Honestly it doesnt matter what it is or who made it, if its good its good

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I've only bought my 335i a few weeks ago, and have done some mods including a JB+ to hold me off. From just reading the threads and posts it seems like this forum (Bimmerboost.com) is just a JB fan site. No offense just a newbie looking in, in my eyes JB and PROcede are neutral. There doesn't seem to be neutrality on this site what so ever. Never the less. I am new, and will continue to sit back and see what goes on before choosing my next piggy back for a tune.

Just giving my 2 cents.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    amen

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Wow.

I don't know if you guys know, but BMW doesn't even make their own ECUs. They get them built by Siemens!

I don't see anything that says the PROcede is commercial off the shelf from Haltech. Not sure why everyone gets all pissy about Shiv claiming to have customized the hardware. Is there anyone who has evidence of a Haltech product that is identical in hardware to the PROcede?? If not, this thread is a waste of space...
    2009 335i: PROcede V4 with BMS DCI (still not sure how they get along!)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Geby-E90 Click here to enlarge
    I've only bought my 335i a few weeks ago, and have done some mods including a JB+ to hold me off. From just reading the threads and posts it seems like this forum (Bimmerboost.com) is just a JB fan site. No offense just a newbie looking in, in my eyes JB and PROcede are neutral. There doesn't seem to be neutrality on this site what so ever. Never the less. I am new, and will continue to sit back and see what goes on before choosing my next piggy back for a tune.

Just giving my 2 cents.
    That should tell you something......

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mazdaspeed6 Click here to enlarge
    That should tell you something......
    Like?

I'm just giving some perspective from a different angle. I for one do not care about where the tuner get his parts from. If it functions how its described then I'm all for it. I'm new this scene, but not new to the "modding" world.
    Last edited by Geby-E90; 11-05-2010 at 09:31 PM.
    Hardparker
    TRACK - 1993 Mazda RX-7 (Montego Blue); Single GT40R - Feed Widebody - Supporting Mods - PIC
    DAILY - 2007 BMW 335i (Jet Black); Premium & Sport Pkg - PROcede V5 (beta) - BBS CH's - VB73

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

4 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I don't know any of the players or products involved here, but I've been reading this and I have my theories on what they're doing. This appears to be an interceptor-style piggyback that's spoofing factory signals and feeding some of its own. Its a great way of getting things done, and anyone who's used a Power Commander, Bazzaz ZF-i, Haltech Interceptor or AEM FIC can attest to that. It is not however, rocket science or anything particularly new to the marketplace.

It is NOT a simple matter to manipulate DI injector signals or the cam synchronous high pressure fuel pump output on any of these DI motors. I HAVE done this. We did a research project with a customer and the University of California-Berkeley where we setup a standalone DI Mazda on an engine dyno with some serious cylinder pressure measurement and emissions sampling gear. It took a very high-powered, talented team 6 months to work it out. Also, thanks to our association with Cosworth we have some pretty strong DI contacts - they are doing the BMW-mini rally engines right now which are DI. We've had long conversations regarding the trials and tribulations of DI setup. If these guys are intercepting the injector signals and offsetting them a-la Power Commander, my hat's off to them. I'm skeptical, partly because I would have hoped to have heard about anyone who's developed that kind of technology. If someone has, contact me so I can buy it and get to work expanding our market! There's a lot of demand out there and I you should immediately apply this to every DI engine out there.

I do know that its not that hard to crack an N54. Many have re-tuned them; from what I gather 400hp setups are pretty common. We've done work with Dinan in the past and I got a ride in a development 135 quite some time ago; it was the size of the exhaust turbine housing that was the limit back then.

So what does this box do? I assume its synchronously offsetting the crank and cam signals to retard ignition timing while spoofing MAF and MAP values to keep things happy and perhaps manipulating fueling. I assume its taken over boost control functions as well. Doing this is work but fairly straightforward. I once took a stock 997 with replacement turbos to 650hp with this kind of setup and not a whole lot of effort. The 420 hp they claim from their interceptor seems to be, in my mind, just another way to skin a cat. They're still just hitting the limits of the stock exhaust turbine housing. I'd be curious to know exactly what custom development they have done; if there's some CAN spoofing going on that's smart but again, not rocket science.

Kuddos to whoever implemented this, its a good tweaking of existing products and technology. From the thread above and their website, there seems to be a mix of technical and marketing speak with a bit my-way-is better than yours. Discretion and modesty can prevent a lot of issues here.

-Neel

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I truly doubt that anyone posting in this thread actually has no clue about the history involved here... Except for the guy that posted a minute before I wrote this.
    Last edited by encinitas; 11-05-2010 at 09:55 PM. Reason: foot in mouth

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Apex Speed Technology Click here to enlarge
    I don't know any of the players or products involved here, but I've been reading this and I have my theories on what they're doing. This appears to be an interceptor-style piggyback that's spoofing factory signals and feeding some of its own. Its a great way of getting things done, and anyone who's used a Power Commander, Bazzaz ZF-i, Haltech Interceptor or AEM FIC can attest to that. It is not however, rocket science or anything particularly new to the marketplace.

It is NOT a simple matter to manipulate DI injector signals or the cam synchronous high pressure fuel pump output on any of these DI motors. I HAVE done this. We did a research project with a customer and the University of California-Berkeley where we setup a standalone DI Mazda on an engine dyno with some serious cylinder pressure measurement and emissions sampling gear. It took a very high-powered, talented team 6 months to work it out. Also, thanks to our association with Cosworth we have some pretty strong DI contacts - they are doing the BMW-mini rally engines right now which are DI. We've had long conversations regarding the trials and tribulations of DI setup. If these guys are intercepting the injector signals and offsetting them a-la Power Commander, my hat's off to them. I'm skeptical, partly because I would have hoped to have heard about anyone who's developed that kind of technology. If someone has, contact me so I can buy it and get to work expanding our market! There's a lot of demand out there and I you should immediately apply this to every DI engine out there.

I do know that its not that hard to crack an N54. Many have re-tuned them; from what I gather 400hp setups are pretty common. We've done work with Dinan in the past and I got a ride in a development 135 quite some time ago; it was the size of the exhaust turbine housing that was the limit back then.

So what does this box do? I assume its synchronously offsetting the crank and cam signals to retard ignition timing while spoofing MAF and MAP values to keep things happy and perhaps manipulating fueling. I assume its taken over boost control functions as well. Doing this is work but fairly straightforward. I once took a stock 997 with replacement turbos to 650hp with this kind of setup and not a whole lot of effort. The 420 hp they claim from their interceptor seems to be, in my mind, just another way to skin a cat. They're still just hitting the limits of the stock exhaust turbine housing. I'd be curious to know exactly what custom development they have done; if there's some CAN spoofing going on that's smart but again, not rocket science.

Kuddos to whoever implemented this, its a good tweaking of existing products and technology. From the thread above and their website, there seems to be a mix of technical and marketing speak with a bit my-way-is better than yours. Discretion and modesty can prevent a lot of issues here.

-Neel
    Just a great post, excellent post.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Geby-E90 Click here to enlarge
    There doesn't seem to be neutrality on this site what so ever.
    Funny enough that you mention it, we actually have the best balance in the JB/Procede War.

There is a pro-BMS balance since BMS is a sponsor first of all and there are more JB users here. We don't ban users of one or the other or delete their posts like the truly biased sites. Since you are new, you will see this soon enough on your own.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I'm so over all of the dipshits that only post here when they think that shiv's anal virginity seems at stake. Please, either become an active member participating at all times and circumstances - or - go back to using your real names on e90 post.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Funny enough that you mention it, we actually have the best balance in the JB/Procede War.

There is a pro-BMS balance since BMS is a sponsor first of all and there are more JB users here. We don't ban users of one or the other or delete their posts like the truly biased sites. Since you are new, you will see this soon enough on your own.
    Hey, if there were more proceeds owners on here it would probably be tuner war heaven haha! But, in all seriousness Neel has got some nice info and I would like to understand the differences in tuning and mechanics of a DI motor and... the other kind of motor? LOL
    Click here to enlarge
    Current:
    2010 CTS-V Sedan

Previous:
    2007 e92 335i

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I KNEW IT..........I knew this from the time I went to ASR and avid was explaining the way the procede worked and how the were using the same hardware on other brands like Porshe, I knew Shiv didn't come out with it and he wasn't all that.......ha..ha..ha.........how about them apples....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jaza45 Click here to enlarge
    I KNEW IT..........I knew this from the time I went to ASR and avid was explaining the way the procede worked and how the were using the same hardware on other brands like Porshe, I knew Shiv didn't come out with it and he wasn't all that.......ha..ha..ha.........how about them apples....
    We supply Abid with those Porsche Procedes. They were initially developed on my personal Porsche turbos. How about them apples? Click here to enlarge

The amount of misinformation that is slung around on this forum is comical.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Doug007
    Wow.

I don't know if you guys know, but BMW doesn't even make their own ECUs. They get them built by Siemens!

I don't see anything that says the PROcede is commercial off the shelf from Haltech. Not sure why everyone gets all pissy about Shiv claiming to have customized the hardware. Is there anyone who has evidence of a Haltech product that is identical in hardware to the PROcede?? If not, this thread is a waste of space...
    Nobody expects a small business operating out of their home garage to have the staff on hand to design hardware. It's really only an issue because of the bold face lies told in 2007 when those in the know called him out on it.
    Last edited by Terry@BMS; 11-06-2010 at 12:12 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    <quote>The amount of misinformation that is slung around on this forum is comical.</quote>

I agree, there seems to be a lot of generalities but not a lot of substantial fact. I would like to hear about some of the specific differences between your product and the others that are being promoted here.

-Neel

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I give two fvcks if Shiv is only a salesman, if he knows the product , if the product is working good that's all I will ever care about, I'm purchasing v4 this upcoming monday and if I like it I will keep if not I wont, if he's an $#@! to me like others say he is I'll smack him ;] lol , but to be honest I haven't really received any good support from Terry also, the fact that he doesn't provide with phone # and everything is dealt through the email is anoying as hell, I'm new to mods and I need more explanation which possible only through a phone call, instead I get COLD email responses that sound like YE YE YE ok $#@! off your car is working good, then I go to all these shops that don't know $#@! about anything, just advertise themselfs as SUPER INSTALLERS and I end up being confused weather my car is running good or no, btw I sent this log to Terry
    http://img411.imageshack.us/slidesho...p?id=run1t.jpg and he's said it's running good, while only after I posted it on n54tech everyone is saying damn this guy is not running any meth and peaking 19 psi , and he's like yeah check your failsafety , so do I care if Terry hand makes the boards himself ? NO! . Not deffending Shiv but this thread should be on an episode of gossip girs or something, if you like the product buy it if not then no as long as he knows WTF is going on with that tune it's all good for me

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm not a fanboi by any means, and I usually pride myself on being pretty objective... but I gotta step in and back Shiv up on this one.

For anyone who has taken a look at the factory ECU compartment in our cars, you'd know that BMW outsources the manufacturing of certain parts. This does not mean you have a car tuned by Siemens, but rather that there are certain companies that specialize in the production of tuning solutions, and others that use those products to tune for the end user. I wouldn't even care if the Procede had Burger Motorsports emblems all over it, because at the end of the day I do believe that Shiv actually does provide a unique tune.

For as much as many of you on here hate the man, you gotta hand him this one: if he really is as arrogant and evil as you think he is, he would never trust someone else to tune for him Click here to enlarge

And for those of you who think he simply copies and pastes things other tuners tell him, just give the guy a call. It's kinda hard to BS that kind of thing on the fly over the phone isn't it?

Shiv, I'm with you on this one. Now do I get any free stuff??? Click here to enlarge

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast