Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    LOL your car is so weak it makes everyone laugh.
    No one said my car was fast what you dont get about it...
    PERFORMANCE: Cobb AP \ JB4 \ DCI \ AR Downpipes \ CX FMIC \ ER Chargepipe \ Synapse BOV \ KW V2 \ Muffler Delete \ CDV \ ZHP Shifter \ Cyba Scoops
    FUN: LC Lemans 19" \ M3 Front \ Mtech Rear \ JL 10W6 \ ModMyNav \ V1 Hardwired \ LUX H8 \ Gloss Black Trim \ Cyba Quads \ Cyba Mtech Diffuser

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rooringhusky Click here to enlarge
    Yes its because im mad. Anyways im done you can drop this if you dont respond. I dont put your car down you do it yourself by the stuff you post. Who cares what I have built, done you invited me to a race and I obliged. Whos backing out now?
    Are you high? Yes you put my car and my forum down constantly when you are in all honesty nothing. Absolutely nothing.

Do you think I care about you? Do you think I need to waste time on people doing nothing? You're sitting here on my forum. Would you like me to show you where the door is?

I'm building my car and my network and it certainly doesn't need you.

You want to race come get a piece. You know you are a waste of gas and a waste of time, right? That is reality. That's how weak you and your car are. LOL is right. Who are you to be talking down to me?

I'm sick of you doing nothing but posting negative BS constantly. So, I think it would be better for you to leave unless you change your attitude. Period.

I'm not asking, I'm telling.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

No one said my car was fast what you dont get about it...
    Nobody ever will, what don't you get about that? So maybe you shouldn't be running your mouth?

So you can get out of here because I'm sick of butthurt N54 BS polluting this thread and this section.

NOBODY WITH AN M3 CARES ABOUT YOUR BUDGET OR VALUE.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Haha I'm done. Have a good weekend! Click here to enlarge
    PERFORMANCE: Cobb AP \ JB4 \ DCI \ AR Downpipes \ CX FMIC \ ER Chargepipe \ Synapse BOV \ KW V2 \ Muffler Delete \ CDV \ ZHP Shifter \ Cyba Scoops
    FUN: LC Lemans 19" \ M3 Front \ Mtech Rear \ JL 10W6 \ ModMyNav \ V1 Hardwired \ LUX H8 \ Gloss Black Trim \ Cyba Quads \ Cyba Mtech Diffuser

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Haha I'm done.
    Yes you are.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Ok so Bob, you paid 34K when you bought your 335, perfect, now go ahead and look up the price for a fully loaded M3 that year, and again add the price of the upgrades to get to 600WHP, then 700WHP. for the 335 and M3 Please post those for us to see, as that is the discussion at hand, and I am curious.
    My m3 when new - $78k, my 335 when new $52k.

Your correct.... My point was, the price for modding a 600whp 335/m3 to handle the power as a all around car is basically the same.

So, since we have the luxury of buying used, we can make choices and jump into whichever platform we feel will be better in the long run. The bottom line is, if you have 18k to dump into a 600whp 335, then you have enough money to buy a used m3. I think most people don't realize what it takes to really modify a 335 to 600whp...they buy a 335 and focus on the kit and then realize they need all the other items... if they sit down and really write down everything they need for the build they will realize your dumping more money into the car then its worth.
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    My m3 when new - $78k, my 335 when new $52k.

Your correct.... My point was, the price for modding a 600whp 335/m3 to handle the power as a all around car is basically the same.

So, since we have the luxury of buying used, we can make choices and jump into whichever platform we feel will be better in the long run. The bottom line is, if you have 18k to dump into a 600whp 335, then you have enough money to buy a used m3. I think most people don't realize what it takes to really modify a 335 to 600whp...they buy a 335 and focus on the kit and then realize they need all the other items... if they sit down and really write down everything they need for the build they will realize your dumping more money into the car then its worth.
    I'd agree with you all day. I've invested close to $30k into my 335 since I purchased it almost a year ago. Yes it's capable of a lot more power then a supercharged M3 is...and yes some of that is cosmetic stuff but hey, I include all of that. My car still isn't running right, and SC M3's are much more proven and reliable than current 335's with even Stage 2 turbos.

I've never argued this point and still don't. If you are happy with a 600whp BMW, the e9x M3 is THE choice bar none. But, I've continue to argue with @Sticky that if you are looking for something beyond that, the car is a terrible choice. Horrendous. No car has proven to do it, and as of now it would cost you an assload of money to go beyond that mark and still have unknown results. I applaud Sticky for trying to push the S65 platform, but to date is basically a failure. One "glory run" event success and that's it. Not to mention the cost involved. At the point Sticky is at there are WAY better choices of cars to get to the performance level and know what you're getting.

If you can install a JB4 and downpipes and intercooler on a 335i then you can probably install a supercharge kit. So for $14k from Active Autowerke you can have one helluva an M3. Grant you that doesn't include exhaust, but by the time you get to $20k invested in an M3, I could have used the other $10k to makeup the difference in purchase price.

Like I said, huge difference in power potential, but at least I'd be driving the car, and would have been for almost a year now. Instead, I'm out almost $30k on a car that's literally been in a shop or parked due to issues way longer than it has been up and running properly. It sucks, I wish someone would just message me with a halfway decent offer and get this piece of $#@! out of my hands.
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

sorry to hear that @mjmarovi , that's not cool. I can literally count the amount of 600+whp 335's running well/daily on my one hand...maybe that's just because I'm not following the n54 scene as close as I used to, I dunno.

But, I really have to ask why you need anything more than a 600whp m3. Mine is very fast, I can rarely stretch its legs on a public road without having to shut it down rather quickly. I'm excited to attend the roll on events. For a street car, a SC 600whp dct m3 is just sick....right at the limits of the chassis imo, and so much f-ing fun
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    I applaud Sticky for trying to push the S65 platform, but to date is basically a failure.
    This is the most absurd and negative thing I've seen.

How many roll on events have S65's won now? That is a failure? No N54 has beat any supercharged M3's at these events. They haven't even gotten close. Sorry builds take time and you break and change things along the way. If raising the bar is a failure that is simply an idiotic perspective.

How is it the M3 broke into the 10's EASILY compared to turbo E46 M3's with far more power and torque yet they aren't 'failures' in your book? How is it that it beat the N54 to every milestone along the way even though it came out later?

How is 600 whp on 91 octane on low boost a failure? The N54 isn't a failure even though it can't do this?

At the point Sticky is at there are WAY better choices of cars to get to the performance level and know what you're getting.
    Not better, easier. But who wants to see another 1000 whp LSX? Another 1000 whp GT500? So what? How many 1000 whp E92 M3's are you going to see?

People buy the M3 over a Corvette and GT500 for reasons to begin with. These reasons don't disappear.

With the M3 you can have a 10 second car with four seats that still handles incredibly well with bolt ons. If you want more, you can get a lot more than you can out of many cars.

You're not talking down on any of the supercharged 63 AMG's for some reason? They aren't failures even though it costs what to build them up?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge

But, I really have to ask why you need anything more than a 600whp m3. Mine is very fast, I can rarely stretch its legs on a public road without having to shut it down rather quickly. I'm excited to attend the roll on events. For a street car, a SC 600whp dct m3 is just sick....right at the limits of the chassis imo, and so much f-ing fun
    I don't know what people expect. Nobody in their right mind would take a 600 whp N54 over a 600 whp M3 and there is more to a car than straight WHP anyway.

The M3 will ALWAYS be more fun to drive. Always.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

I don't know what people expect. Nobody in their right mind would take a 600 whp N54 over a 600 whp M3 and there is more to a car than straight WHP anyway.

The M3 will ALWAYS be more fun to drive. Always.
    Ya live and ya learn. Question though, if I ended up switching platforms and decide the 600whp isn't enough, what's the cost to build an S65? No stroker kit or anything, just built with maybe lower compression, higher revs for a TT setup? That's the build you did right?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

This is the most absurd and negative thing I've seen.

How many roll on events have S65's won now? That is a failure? No N54 has beat any supercharged M3's at these events. They haven't even gotten close. Sorry builds take time and you break and change things along the way. If raising the bar is a failure that is simply an idiotic perspective.

How is it the M3 broke into the 10's EASILY compared to turbo E46 M3's with far more power and torque yet they aren't 'failures' in your book? How is it that it beat the N54 to every milestone along the way even though it came out later?

How is 600 whp on 91 octane on low boost a failure? The N54 isn't a failure even though it can't do this?

Not better, easier. But who wants to see another 1000 whp LSX? Another 1000 whp GT500? So what? How many 1000 whp E92 M3's are you going to see?

People buy the M3 over a Corvette and GT500 for reasons to begin with. These reasons don't disappear.

With the M3 you can have a 10 second car with four seats that still handles incredibly well with bolt ons. If you want more, you can get a lot more than you can out of many cars.

You're not talking down on any of the supercharged 63 AMG's for some reason? They aren't failures even though it costs what to build them up?
    Sorry man, really didn't mean to offend, I'm just honestly in a piss poor mood right now. I really want to see your car in its full glory, I'm just tired of hearing about it and not seeing it lol, as I'm sure you are too.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Ya live and ya learn. Question though, if I ended up switching platforms and decide the 600whp isn't enough, what's the cost to build an S65? No stroker kit or anything, just built with maybe lower compression, higher revs for a TT setup? That's the build you did right?
    No, that is not the build I did. Mine is fully build from the block on. I don't do anything cheap and nobody sponsors top notch parts and labor, it costs money. I wouldn't even mind re-doing it now and doing it even better with some of the new parts they have. I'll probably just sell the motor.

It costs anywhere from $10k on depending how far you go. You can just do rods and pistons. That is what those awe inspiring VT3 ESS cars do...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Have you driven a SC m3? One with 600HP +? You need to come drive a evolve car....I'm telling you, its really all you need. If you get tired of it, change the belt and up the boost to 8+psi. I'm running 6.7 psi and its a rocket. LostMarine's evolve SC m3 is at 8psi...we are going to run at the roll on event to see the difference.
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

You can go up to 10 psi... it's enough to dust a whole lot of cars.

Seriously, is over 130 miles per hour in the 1/4 not good enough for people? Many of these people saying that isn't enough haven't even been that fast.

The Gintani Twin Turbo M3 at 7.5 psi was a freaking rocket.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I like how a guy that sells n54 parts, jumps into an M3 vendors thread, and says why would anyone s/c an M3.. because for the money the 335 is better..

Id have to ask, with all these fast 700+hp 335s running around, why havent they set the records, why are they losing highway runs, and would you not put a price on reliability? We have all seen the rise of the almighty N54, and the perpetual never end issues it has, from as low as stock turbo, all the way through single turbo kits.

If your car doesnt run right, it cant win, it costs time, and time costs money.
    So your left with this scenario:

M3= 600hp, 130mph traps; consistent and easy
    335="700", no know trap speeds, unreliable, inconsistent, constant waiting on updated/graded parts

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LockedUp Click here to enlarge
    I like how a guy that sells n54 parts, jumps into an M3 vendors thread, and says why would anyone s/c an M3.. because for the money the 335 is better..

Id have to ask, with all these fast 700+hp 335s running around, why havent they set the records, why are they losing highway runs, and would you not put a price on reliability? We have all seen the rise of the almighty N54, and the perpetual never end issues it has, from as low as stock turbo, all the way through single turbo kits.

If your car doesnt run right, it cant win, it costs time, and time costs money.
    So your left with this scenario:

M3= 600hp, 130mph traps; consistent and easy
    335="700", no know trap speeds, unreliable, inconsistent, constant waiting on updated/graded parts
    You could not be further from the truth or the point. Someone said it costs basically the same money to get an M3 and 335 to the same power levels. This is not correct, my posts were about cost for power, nothing else. I did not bash any platform or tuner, nor would I. I simply invited to the discussion, price for power between the platforms. That other people included in the forum moderator decided to turn this into another battle is not in my control.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    You could not be further from the truth or the point. Someone said it costs basically the same money to get an M3 and 335 to the same power levels. This is not correct, my posts were about cost for power, nothing else. I did not bash any platform or tuner, nor would I. I simply invited to the discussion, price for power between the platforms. That other people included in the forum moderator decided to turn this into another battle is not in my control.
    Axctually, you said:
    What do these kits cost? You can bolt a set of $1699 stage 1 turbos on an N54, pay $300 for a tune and make that WHP and about 200 more WTQ. I know the M3 are cool cars, but man the price of admission seems silly...Click here to enlarge
    Now please show us stage 1 N54 turbos putting that down, because we already know it takes stage 2. We also know that you were the first to talk about using a DJ dyno for HP #s .

We also know that on 93 octane, no uss no fuss, the M3s will do 120+mph and low 8 sec 60-130s all day without race tunes, fuel or weight reduction. All while still driving perfectly as an M should, with better everything than an a 335.

How many N54s have even gone over 120, let alone 130, and get more technical. how many have done it on non-racefuel, how many have done it full weight?

then you say price because you bought a 335 for 13k. We are all sure that is a show worthy, absolutely perfect car, no dents dings scratches, ripped or worn interior, curbed wheels. perfectly running engine etc right? Because real people dont care about those things.

The price of entry into a 335 is very very cheap. but once you want real power AND reliability/predictability, the price skyrockets beyond that of the S/C M. Does it have a higher power threshold, sure. is it a bargain vs M? not at all

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234