Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

TTFS: E9X M3 Before and After AA level 1 Supercharger

We had a customer with an Active level HKS GTS8555 supercharger kit drop-off his car to get some work done. He decided to get Frank Smith to custom tune it, check out the before and after.

The car certainly pick up some power through out the entire power band. Nonetheless, a clean tune from Active.

-Justin@TTFS
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

TTFS E9X M3 Active Autowerke Stage I S65 V8 supercharger kit custom dyno tune results

Active Autowerke's supercharger kits for the E9X M3 S65 V8 motor are very solid kits paired with solid tuning. As these are kits, you can buy the supercharger from Active Autowerke and have it installed or install it yourself using the supplied tune from Active Autowerke. The tune is designed by default to be safe and accommodate pump fuel for your location. That also means it is one size fits all and not tailored specifically to your car and its modifications (such as an exhaust system or meth injection).

That is where a tuner like Frank Smith comes in to custom dyno tune your setup for your car. If you have 91 octane, 93 octane, meth, 100 octane, catless exhaust, whatever, he can custom tailor it for you. Active of course errs on the side of caution (also by dialing the redline back a bit) but a tuner on the dyno can tweak things a bit more aggressively while being safe. That is why you see some large gains up top here.

This does not just go for Active Autowerke but many of the 'kits' out there. There are several BMW tuners that have further refined the out of the box tunes. If you want to extract the most from your kit, a custom tune for your car is the way to do it. The proof is below.

Click here to enlarge

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nice. What's TTFS and where are you located?
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Tuning Tech FS.

1654 Crofton Blvd.
    Suite # 3
    Crofton, MD, 21114

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    444whp from the standard tune from AA? seems very low

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mm28 Click here to enlarge
    What kind of dyno were they using? That's exactly the same power that what we see from these supercharged M3s (including my own with a stock exhaust) on our Dyno Dynamics.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mm28 Click here to enlarge
    Go by the difference not by peak.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

0 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    numbers look weak compared to Gintani kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This is actives first gen when they used the hks not the rotrex they use now.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ging Click here to enlarge
    This is actives first gen when they used the hks not the rotrex they use now.
    He doesn't know what he's talking about.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What was the redline increased to with the custom tune?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Looks like back up to stock.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What do these kits cost? You can bolt a set of $1699 stage 1 turbos on an N54, pay $300 for a tune and make that WHP and about 200 more WTQ. I know the M3 are cool cars, but man the price of admission seems silly...Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Who knows how this dyno reads?
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    What do these kits cost? You can bolt a set of $1699 stage 1 turbos on an N54, pay $300 for a tune and make that WHP and about 200 more WTQ. I know the M3 are cool cars, but man the price of admission seems silly...Click here to enlarge
    lol +1 that's exactly why I didn't buy one. The ceiling was and still is ~600whp, costs you almost $20k to get there and nothing is proven beyond that besides Sticky's car with still an unknown list of mods, eta for release, and price tag to do it, and more than one successful event showing.

Great going though on TTFS part, especially on such a small S/C setup. good numbers for that kit.
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Lucrecio Click here to enlarge
    numbers look weak compared to Gintani kit
    Just do yourself a favor and inform yourself about results from kits you obviously know nothing about before posting. Active currently only sells there Gen2 kits at three different levels. Their level 3 kit is easily one of the best on the market and yields nearly 600whp out of the box consistently. Not many others can claim that

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    This honestly isn't an N54 vs. S65 thread. No need to even turn it into that.

You buy a supercharger kit and have a 130 trap car that seats four adults with a trunk that handles well.

You aren't making that WHP with an N54 on the same fuel and you have no fuel pump issues. You start with a car that is built to perform at a higher level to begin with.

There is a reason the S65 holds the E9X 1/4 mile and horsepower records. Nobody here with with an M3 needs to be reminded that the 335 exists. This is also the Stage I Active kit with the entry level HKS blower we're discussing.

No N54 is matching that torque curve either.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    lol +1 that's exactly why I didn't buy one. The ceiling was and still is ~600whp, costs you almost $20k to get there and nothing is proven beyond that besides Sticky's car with still an unknown list of mods, eta for release, and price tag to do it, and more than one successful event showing.

Great going though on TTFS part, especially on such a small S/C setup. good numbers for that kit.
    Right, right.

335 modding is cool and all but this is the S65 section. The ceiling was 600 whp? Um there are cars over 700 whp so what are you talking about?

The E46 M3 had to be built and is way ahead of the N54 and so does the S65. You guys are living in the past.

Who cares. Yay the N54 can make some power for cheap. Throw a parade. In the N54 section.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Right, right.

335 modding is cool and all but this is the S65 section. The ceiling was 600 whp? Um there are cars over 700 whp so what are you talking about?

The E46 M3 had to be built and is way ahead of the N54 and so does the S65. You guys are living in the past.

Who cares. Yay the N54 can make some power for cheap. Throw a parade. In the N54 section.
    Nah, actually Tony asked a valid S65 question. Just trying to figure out what you need to spend on a S65 to see this power. Haven't we been through this before, and no one could show a video, time slip, or anything of any S65 over 700hp besides yours? Which sorry, but still isn't out on the streets. I honestly don't count one appearance. If there was better options and more proof the S65 cars are more capable than just bolt on S/C I would have and still would think about switching over.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nah, actually Tony asked a valid S65 question. Just trying to figure out what you need to spend on a S65 to see this power. Haven't we been through this before, and no one could show a video, time slip, or anything of any S65 over 700hp besides yours? Which sorry, but still isn't out on the streets. I honestly don't count one appearance. If there was better options and more proof the S65 cars are more capable than just bolt on S/C I would have and still would think about switching over.
    This is a vendor thread and I'm not interested in it being derailed by you or other vendors. I'm pretty sure Tony wouldn't like it. Actually, I know that for a fact. So, if you want to talk about N54 value which is something we all already know go ahead and tout your bolt on parts nobody with an M3 cares about elsewhere.

Oh you can tune a factory twin turbo car? OMG, I didn't know. Thank you for this information.

Yeah my M3 seemed to do fine when it was out on the runway destroying every N54 there. Weird.

There is no other rear wheel drive dual clutch car capable of doing what the M3 does with four seats. None.

Nobody counting pennies with 335 mods is switching over to a built motor M3 ever.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This is a vendor thread and I'm not interested in it be derailed by you or other vendors. So, if you want to talk about N54 value which is something we all already know go ahead and tout your bolt on parts nobody with an M3 gives an honest crap about.

Oh you can tune a factory twin turbo car? OMG, I didn't know. Thank you for this information.

Yeah my M3 seemed to do fine when it was out on the runway destroying every N54 there. Weird.

There is no other rear wheel drive dual clutch car capable of doing what the M3 does with four seats. None.

Nobody counting pennies with 335 mods is switching over to a built motor M3 ever.
    I did not mention the N54 AT ALL in that post, as to get away from that type of discussion, and instead of talking about the S65 and THIS kit, YOU keep talking down the N54...

So again...what did this kit cost? What does it cost now to see this type of power on a S65?

And to get an idea of the spread in power the S65 is capable of, what kits are available to see beyond the ~600hp that the larger S/C kits produce?

All valid questions to determine where this car stands in the S65 world

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Didn't know all of us guys dropping $20k+ were counting pennies...but go on sponsor boy

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I did not mention the N54 AT ALL in that post, as to get away from that type of discussion, and instead of talking about the S65 and THIS kit, YOU keep talking down the N54...

So again...what did this kit cost? What does it cost now to see this type of power on a S65?

And to get an idea of the spread in power the S65 is capable of, what kits are available to see beyond the ~600hp that the larger S/C kits produce?

All valid questions to determine where this car stands in the S65 world
    Please reference any Active Autowerke supercharger thread. You can use the search function, thanks.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Didn't know all of us guys dropping $20k+ were counting pennies...but go on sponsor boy
    $20k. L O L. Wow! Balling.

Yeah, I pay with monopoly money and just get everything sponsored. Awesome.

Call up a tuner and see how far $20k will get you.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Please reference any Active Autowerke supercharger thread. You can use the search function, thanks.
    $20k. L O L. Wow! Balling.

Yeah, I pay with monopoly money and just get everything sponsored. Awesome.

Call up a tuner and see how far $20k will get you.
    Ok, so AA is the only company selling kits and other aftermarket parts for the S65?

How far $20k will get me? Seriously bro? Well lets see...an AA Level 3 kit is all you need to reach what seems to be the upper end of what S65's are producing these days and the kit is $14,000 which includes absolutely everything. Plus it's easier to install yourself than a custom turbo kit on an N54, so I guess the question is...what could I have done with the other $6k? Exhaust, coilovers, etc...not to mention I did say $20k+...the number is actually about $30k but that includes cosmetic bits, wheels, tires, etc, and I didn't count that towards actual performance "under the hood" upgrades

Click here to enlarge

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast