Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Just put the JB3 and intake on my E90.

Wow, just wow. Maybe it's just so awesome because I'm new to forced induction cars but it's just awesome. Having a luxury 4 door sedan that can put down that kind of power is very enjoyable.

I'm running on map 5 with 94 octane; so far no knock. I'll be taking it too the drag strip on Sunday Click here to enlarge Now to track down some DR's to borrow.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    653 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Awesome! The JB3 / DCI combo is our hottest seller! 12s or bust! Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Welcome to the drug brotha...I know how you feel, driving a bigger car and knowing it can put down some major speed...haha...Click here to enlarge You and I are 2 of the few e60's on here...let's do it up! Click here to enlarge haha
    BimmerBoost's Resident n00b...Click here to enlarge

Titanium Silver 2003 335 Ci || Premium Package || Sport Package || SOLD
    Sapphire Metallic Black 2008 535i || Custom Mandrel Bend Borla Exhaust || BMS Spacers || CMS Pro Meth Kit || JB4 || BMS DCI || SOLD
    Alpine White 2012 C63 Coupe || AMG Development Package || Multimedia Package || Lighting Package || LEASE ENDED
    Alpine White 2015 M3 || Driver Assistance Plus || Executive Package || Lighting Package || M Double-clutch and Adaptive M Suspension ||

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I would trade my e92 for a 535 wagon....bolt on's and all.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Let us know the results at the strip!
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Will do. Any launching tips (MT)? I'm really worried that traction is going to be a big problem. Also I hope to get my bike into the 9's Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What kind of bike?

For launching on street tires, you don't really need to rev high, maybe 3,000RPM and then slip the clutch out while progressively adding in throttle to keep your tires right at the edge. Shift smooth into 2nd, make sure you don't drop the clutch hard and break them loose, then nail it! You can shift all the next gears as hard as you want, they will hook.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Congrats on the move OP, just know that when you get bit...it bites hard.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by hworang00 Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge Welcome to the drug brotha...I know how you feel, driving a bigger car and knowing it can put down some major speed...haha...Click here to enlarge You and I are 2 of the few e60's on here...let's do it up! Click here to enlarge haha
    E60 here too! JB3 and DCI!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SlicktopTTZ Click here to enlarge
    What kind of bike?

For launching on street tires, you don't really need to rev high, maybe 3,000RPM and then slip the clutch out while progressively adding in throttle to keep your tires right at the edge. Shift smooth into 2nd, make sure you don't drop the clutch hard and break them loose, then nail it! You can shift all the next gears as hard as you want, they will hook.
    S1000RR (I swear I'm not a BMW fanboy, these are actually my first BMW's) My last best was 10.2 @ 151mph with an awful 60' for 2.2. (I was bogging and I know it's got mid to low 9's with a solid 1.7 60')

That sounds like a good plan for the launch. I haven't had much trouble getting off the line just when the power kicks in I start spinning, but I think with the PSI lowered a bit and the sticker track they'll hook better. I'll let you guys know how it goes.
    2007 335i E90
    2010 S1000RR

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oosnoopy Click here to enlarge
    My last best was 10.2 @ 151mph with an awful 60' for 2.2.
    That is insane!!!!!!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Damn trapping 151 you got 9s for sure.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well traction was the name of the game and I didn't have it. I could only muster a 13.4 @ 105 mph with a bad 2.2 60' I tried quite a few different things but it felt like I was just going too easy or spinning. I was running the runflats on pretty stock PSI (forgot the air pump), avoiding the water box and just spinning them a little before I ran. Also the track pumps were not working so I was just running 93 octane pump gas on Map 5.

Even with a bad launch shouldn't I have been trapping higher than 105mph (on map 5)? All the shifts after the launch felt quick and smooth. I'll get some DR's or real tires and give it another shot soon Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i E90
    2010 S1000RR

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well traction was the name of the game and I didn't have it. I could only muster a 13.4 @ 105 mph with a bad 2.2 60' I tried quite a few different things but it felt like I was just going too easy or spinning. I was running the runflats on pretty stock PSI (forgot the air pump), avoiding the water box and just spinning them a little before I ran. Also the track pumps were not working so I was just running 93 octane pump gas on Map 5.

Even with a bad launch shouldn't I have been trapping higher than 105mph (on map 5)? All the shifts after the launch felt quick and smooth. I'll get some DR's or real tires and give it another shot soon Click here to enlarge
    Did you try a MAP0 (bypass) run? To be honest I would expect more too, did you make sure you were on MAP5 or do any logs?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SlicktopTTZ Click here to enlarge
    Did you try a MAP0 (bypass) run? To be honest I would expect more too, did you make sure you were on MAP5 or do any logs?
    No but I should have. I don't have the usb cable; is there a way for me to log anything about my JB mode without it? Also the track elevation is only 882' here.
    2007 335i E90
    2010 S1000RR

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

At least you went out there and tried!

Yes, your trap is pretty low so I don't get it. Where was this and what was the weather like?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    At least you went out there and tried!

Yes, your trap is pretty low so I don't get it. Where was this and what was the weather like?
    Yep, it's always fun to get out there and even if you don't run what you want you've always got something to work on.

It's in Kansas City, so not too high. Weather was high 60's and dry.

I'm going to install a basic boost gauge to get a better idea of what's what.
    2007 335i E90
    2010 S1000RR

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yep, it's always fun to get out there and even if you don't run what you want you've always got something to work on.

It's in Kansas City, so not too high. Weather was high 60's and dry.

I'm going to install a basic boost gauge to get a better idea of what's what.
    Wow, good weather too. I'm guessing you were on the wrong map.