Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dear BMW

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Dear BMW

Dear BMW:
    A wish list from a former ///Mthusiast .
    -Please drop the 4, 2, x1, x2, the future z2
    -Expand the i brand. Make it your economy car line up with all of them being front wheel drive with the exception of the i8. Combine resources from the M division and the i brand to create a true hybrid sports car (not to say the current one is bad, but it could be better).
    -Bring back the z3 with a 4 cylinder. Make it Miata esq.(small, light, nimble, fun to drive). Also offer a true M sport package (not a M version) which would include: modest power bump, slightly more aggressive body kit, limited slip differential, re worked suspension, etc...
    -Combine the best of the first gen z4 with the best of the current one. More focused and have that raw edge, but still be comfortable. Make a M version that feels more at home on a track than on the streets, tail happy, a real drivers car. Also drop all the Sdrive12345i crap... call it a z4 and be done with it.
    - Take the x3 back to being a small, entry level, gas friendly, college girl SUV.
    -Put the x6 on a diet drop the M versions and just make the top level one a beast.
    -No real complaints on the x5... just drop the M version it looks stupid.
    -Drop the fake exhaust notes! It adds unnecessary weight and is kind of embarrassing to say your car plays fake exhaust sounds through the speakers. Just go back to making engines that sound great with no help.
    -Keep the 6 series a two door. In fact drop all that gran coupe BS.
    -Stop making GT versions... they are ugly and hardly anyone buys them. Just stick with a regular hatch back.
    -Stop making a million special editions and packages for the M cars. Do another csl/gts for the 3 series that is a true track car turned down just enough to be street legal. As for the rest of them just make them, if there's enough room left in them for power packages and what not then they weren't done right to begin with.
    -Do another Z8. Make it a true embodiment of what BMW stands for. Combine the best from the M division, i division, and so on. Make it a car that can go head to head with anything ( sls amg). Bring back the s85 for one last run, hold nothing back. Not a super car, but true ultimate driving machine.

-Rick Smith
    (a former enthusiast)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well that's how I feel lol. What about the rest of you?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    There some things I overlap with you on and some things I don't. I'm try to make my list but it's going to have quite a bit of swearing.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I agree with this. But with some ammendment.
    1) I'm ok with the X6M and X5M as Porsche has turbo S cayenne models and Audi is upping their game. Mercedes of course has their games. We need to be able to compete.
    2) Make the M2 with a 4 banger, offer a LTW or CSL pack with no BS. No EPS, no radio, no nonsense. Just you and the car.
    3) For $#@! sakes the F10 is gorgeous but it sure is a fat ass.
    4) I like gran coupes in the 6 series but that's it. Simply reserve it for the 6 series. The 4 GC is gay and pointless.
    5) Drop all GTs as you said. Get rid of this $#@!ing piece of $#@! UKL $#@!. $#@!.
    I feel better.
    Oh.... the S55 doesn't impress me. it sounds like trash and isn't the typical upgrade as we've seen from other Ms. The chassis is no doubt an upgrade. Should have gotten a detuned S63 at minimum.

And last of all.... get your $#@!ing balls back.
    Because racecar.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @Sticky this was my censored version lol
    @boostedmaserati. I don't dislike the x5/6m but I feel like it's two of the same car. Maybe just leave the x6 m. Also instead of the m2 just keep the m1 going

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Dear BMW,

1) For the love of God, make a hypercar out of the i8. Design a true M V12, hell I even encourage twin turbos, with the fat powerband and high RPM you gave us in the S54 and S65/S85. Make it large and loud and mean and badass straight from hell. Give the chassis steroids. Small electric motor for instand torque on takeoff and let the big turbos do the rest. Rule the world with this car.

2) What is this 4 series garbage? 3 series coupe, convertible or sedan. Same with this M3/M4. No reason for that.

3) Z3 lightweight, only coming with 4 banger with tons of rice engine potential, with entry level pricing. You will make an assload of money from aftermarket lovers. That will sell like crazy. Don't even put a lot of options, make it as simple as you can but still modern looking. That way no stress on the electrical system, and you definitely won't have to worry about warranty claims.

4) Z4 luxury version of the Z3 with a N55 engine, ala 2 seater 335i, with xDrive and M-Sport package.

5) Drop this "sport line" "m sport line" "watermelon line" garbage. Executive package and M-Sport package as options like before.

6) Redo the S55. Cheat the rules like you do in professional racing and try to squeeze in a true performance motor that just barely follows all your emissions requirements.

7) Get rid of the 2 series AT. Promote and give it to Mini instead, people will eat that up. No Z2 either please and no FWD, don't forget the frog with giant front legs..

8) M2, 235i and 228i, simple as that. We won't mind if you give the 235i the N55 and the M2 a nicely powered 4 cylinder, or you could do what you did with the 1M.

9) We don't need this GC and GT crap, even in the 6 series. The whole point of the 6 series is being a 2 door sport GT and keep the 7 series the luxury big sedan that we know and love. And the 3/5 series GT is hideous and no one buys them. Bring the tourings to North America, mericans will eat that up.

10) No X5M, only X6M and make the X6 much lighter than the X5. Get rid of the X4 and don't even think about an X2.

11) Make an M3 and M5 touring, bring it here.

12) No 9 series, don't make the same mistake Mercedes did...
    '08 535xi - fbo

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @rawad1017 I like your list lol it's almost identical to mine. Personally I say just drop the 2 series... The 1 series will suffice

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by G0TB00ST? Click here to enlarge
    @rawad1017 I like your list lol it's almost identical to mine. Personally I say just drop the 2 series... The 1 series will suffice
    really the only ones i really care about are the M3 and the i8M ideas. because when i sell my M6 eventually my next car will be a used M4, and i want to see BMW build a modern day McLaren F1 out of the i8. it has the dynamics and design down, just needs a sturdier chassis and a big bad $#@! engine that gives no $#@!s
    '08 535xi - fbo

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rawad1017 Click here to enlarge
    really the only ones i really care about are the M3 and the i8M ideas. because when i sell my M6 eventually my next car will be a used M4, and i want to see BMW build a modern day McLaren F1 out of the i8. it has the dynamics and design down, just needs a sturdier chassis and a big bad $#@! engine that gives no $#@!s
    I would rather bmw put that effort in a z8 version of the sls amg. An i8m would be insane but bmw already made it clear that's not going to happenClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I would rather bmw put that effort in a z8 version of the sls amg.
    i knew i was missing sometime from my list. make it a unique S85 inspired V10. it has to be unique that way it sells as much as the R8 and SLS do.

An i8m would be insane but bmw already made it clear that's not going to happen
    it blows Click here to enlarge
    '08 535xi - fbo

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i knew i was missing sometime from my list. make it a unique S85 inspired V10. it has to be unique that way it sells as much as the R8 and SLS do.
    i can't rep you but yeah that would be awesome. Hell I would settle for the just bringing back the s85 and reusing it

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    One more thing to add to my list... NO X7

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

This is my list:

1. A new M1. A proper, M supercar. You guys did it once and preserved the name. Well, WTF did you do it for if not to use it? i8 chassis, tweaked N20, more power out of the electric motor, something like 600 horsepower. Or just ditch the whole hybrid drivetrain entirely.

2. A $#@!ing Z4M. Lightweight 3200 pounds, hardtop coupe, 4.4 liter S65 with 9000 rpm and 500 horsepower. Manual or DCT options. A car with freaking balls. How dare you race one without selling it you hypocrites. How could they not give the naturally aspirated M motor a proper send off?

3. No front wheel drive roadster. For $#@!s sake have you people lost your minds?

4. Fire the person responsible for the 5 GT.

5. Fire the person responsible for approving the 5 GT.

6. Fire anyone who had anything to do with the 5 GT.

7. Fire the person responsible for the 3 GT.

8. Fire anyone who questions the above firings.

9. An M7. If you are going to put an M badge on freaking everything you might as well make a badass 7-Series.

10. Bring over the diesel M cars. The USA does not hate diesels. We like diesels. We want diesel M cars.

11. Keep Mini's at Mini. No front wheel drive BMW's. EVER.

12. BMW executive conference room gets a large oil painting of me pissing on the 'i' logo.

13. The M2 gets an S20 high revving turbo four cylinder with 400 horsepower.

14. Go Black Series hunting.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Dear BMW,

F*ck You!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    fire the person responsible for active sound design too
    '08 535xi - fbo

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    fire the person responsible for active sound design too
    Oh crap, I forgot about that. Yes, everyone responsible for that is fired.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    4. Fire the person responsible for the 5 GT.

5. Fire the person responsible for approving the 5 GT.

6. Fire anyone who had anything to do with the 5 GT.

7. Fire the person responsible for the 3 GT.

8. Fire anyone who questions the above firings.
    I am literally lol. This was hilarious.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    $#@! it let's just fire everyone at bmw
    '08 535xi - fbo

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    $#@! it let's just fire everyone at bmw
    A reboot isn't a bad idea.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @Sticky I would add one more thing... Fire any one that had anything to do with any of the gt models and fire whoever decided to put a n54 in the 1m and not a s65

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Fire any one that had anything to do with any of the gt model
    I already wrote that.

and fire whoever decided to put a n54 in the 1m and not a s65
    Man I've got a lot of people to fire.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I already wrote that.
    I was thinking there were more gt models but yea you had it covered... Carry on

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    the GC models too. like wtf keep the 6 series the 2 seater luxury car we all know and love and leave the big sexy sedan work to the 7 series, like it's always been. and if the 3 is the sedan to the 4, wtf do we need a 4 seater 4 series for?

can you imagine explaining that to someone ignorant about cars? "the 3 series is the 4 door and the 4 series is the 2 door but the 4 series also comes with 4 doors in the gran coupe form. yeah it's called gran coupe but really it's a sedan"
    '08 535xi - fbo

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    the GC models too. like wtf keep the 6 series the 2 seater luxury car we all know and love and leave the big sexy sedan work to the 7 series, like it's always been. and if the 3 is the sedan to the 4, wtf do we need a 4 seater 4 series for?

can you imagine explaining that to someone ignorant about cars? "the 3 series is the 4 door and the 4 series is the 2 door but the 4 series also comes with 4 doors in the gran coupe form. yeah it's called gran coupe but really it's a sedan"
    thank you! I thought I was the only one... Just because it is called a gran coupe doesn't actually make it a coupe. A coupe is a 2door fixed roof car, a sedan (no matter how smooth the body lines) is a 4 door car

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i like Sticky's black series hunting idea and M7, too. there are cars in the AMG lineup the M series could never even hope to even read the license plates, why not make M versions of the current lineup and then boost up the competition package figures.
    '08 535xi - fbo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast