Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Can someone help me to review this log?

This is on E30 93oct FBO wedge E30 flash with steering wheel set to 4/3. Please let me know if any adjustment is needed. Thanks in advance!

http://www.datazap.me/u/hkninja/stee...log=0&data=1-4
    08 535i 6MT - JB4 G5 ISO - Luke performance flash - E40 & BMS 100% Meth - AR design catless DP - ETS 5" intercooler - BMS DCI - BMS OCC - ER chargepipe - HKS BOV - K-sport coilovers - UUC evo SSK - CDV deleted - ACS spoiler - Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Warning: I do not know what I am talking about

That log is horrible

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    In what way? Why?
    08 535i 6MT - JB4 G5 ISO - Luke performance flash - E40 & BMS 100% Meth - AR design catless DP - ETS 5" intercooler - BMS DCI - BMS OCC - ER chargepipe - HKS BOV - K-sport coilovers - UUC evo SSK - CDV deleted - ACS spoiler - Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by hkninja Click here to enlarge
    In what way? Why?
    You have ignition corrections in every gear (the abrupt 3deg drops in ign.adv.) so not enough octane for you boost/ignition curve.
    Click here to enlarge
    997.1 tt
    Kline 200cell exhaust
    997.2/GT2RS IC's
    Cobb E85 custom stage3 tune by Mitch
    ID1000 injectors
    Sachs stage 2.5 clutch

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    seems like every time I see a wedge flash log, it's pretty terrible LOL
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by xbox_fan Click here to enlarge
    You have ignition corrections in every gear (the abrupt 3deg drops in ign.adv.) so not enough octane for you boost/ignition curve.
    So, if I up the E85 level and run the same flash then that should cure the issue most likely?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So, if I up the E85 level and run the same flash then that should cure the issue most likely?
    Add more E85 and log again.
    Click here to enlarge
    FBO's. Spec S2+. E85.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I know timing drop will hurt the performance but will the motor suffer as well (knock or ping)? I'm going to up the E85 level and re-log soon.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The DME is pulling timing more than likely because it detected knock.
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I know timing drop will hurt the performance but will the motor suffer as well (knock or ping)? I'm going to up the E85 level and re-log soon.
    if timing wasn't being pulled and the car knocked then that would be bad. pulling timing is saving the motor, not hurting it.

14* of timing seems incredibly aggressive. The idea behind timing is to only run what you need to to continue seeing gains. Once you stop seeing gains then no reason to keep upping timing. I don't know Wedge, but it seems he is known for running aggressive timing, and I don't know of anyone that is doing anything special because of it. e40+meth is probably good for 12*, and I'm not sure that anyone has seen much gains no matter the turbo setup by going beyond that. Most likely 12* is very close to MBT (minimum best timing).
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    seems like every time I see a wedge flash log, it's pretty terrible LOL
    +1 And I've met tons of young guys who want to run his Flashes blindly without logging because they are free/cheap "custom" tunes...Blows my mind away every single time Click here to enlarge
    PERFORMANCE: Cobb AP \ JB4 \ DCI \ AR Downpipes \ CX FMIC \ ER Chargepipe \ Synapse BOV \ KW V2 \ Muffler Delete \ CDV \ ZHP Shifter \ Cyba Scoops
    FUN: LC Lemans 19" \ M3 Front \ Mtech Rear \ JL 10W6 \ ModMyNav \ V1 Hardwired \ LUX H8 \ Gloss Black Trim \ Cyba Quads \ Cyba Mtech Diffuser

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Oh well lol. N54 bare blocks will be cheap soon.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Try to up E85 but maybe get a less agressive tune first, if you go over E30 you need to make sure your fuel system is up to the task.

when I ran a close-to E40 mix and 19psi my fuel trims spiked (timing looked great still) until I added meth, the N54 loved meth Click here to enlarge

E40 + meth gave me clean logs at 20-21psi with stock timing curve.
    Click here to enlarge
    997.1 tt
    Kline 200cell exhaust
    997.2/GT2RS IC's
    ID1000 injectors
    Sachs stage 2.5 clutch

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Btw, you rune E30 mixed with what fuel? I mixed with 99RON Shell V-power...
    Click here to enlarge
    997.1 tt
    Kline 200cell exhaust
    997.2/GT2RS IC's
    ID1000 injectors
    Sachs stage 2.5 clutch

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Here is a tip, don't run someones map that targets 15* of timing on E30. That's just $#@!ing crazy.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by xbox_fan Click here to enlarge
    Btw, you rune E30 mixed with what fuel? I mixed with 99RON Shell V-power...
    I was running E30 with 93 octane Vpower. I just put more E85 in this morning and I will re-log tonight.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    Here is a tip, don't run someones map that targets 15* of timing on E30. That's just $#@!ing crazy.
    I know... I think the map was targeting 13.8* timing on this E30 map. I was running E30 with 93 octane Vpower. I guess my mixture was a little off....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I know... I think the map was targeting 13.8* timing on this E30 map. I was running E30 with 93 octane Vpower. I guess my mixture was a little off....
    I would have to view the bin file to be 100% sure what the ignition advance target is, but you are clearly hitting 15* in your logs (when timing is not getting pulled).
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    I would have to view the bin file to be 100% sure what the ignition advance target is, but you are clearly hitting 15* in your logs (when timing is not getting pulled).
    This worries me... I might just go back to run BMS E85 flash and map 5 and call it a day. Do I still turn the steering wheel option to 4/3 if I run BMS flash?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I don't want to start a tuner war. I just curious what so good about PTF? I tried both BMS flashes and Wedge flashes. I love them both. It is true the Wedge flashes are some what free so do BMS flashes. Why should someone pay up to 1k for a tune where Terry and wedges provide for free? BMS and wedge flashes do have stats to back it up.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I just did another log last night. Please let me know if it got any better. I put more E85 in and I assumed it is close to E40. 2nd gear I see that the timing is not that great but 3rd gear is solid right? I don't know what I'm talking about lol

http://www.datazap.me/u/hkninja/e30-...log=0&data=1-4

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Better than your first log. But it's still pretty aggressive even for e40. Your targeting 15.7* up top and unless your running e60 or higher plus meth I would have him make you a map that targets no more than 13* and always run at least e40 if it was my car.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Why would anyone run "free" tuning? The most important part of how your car runs and how long it runs is how well it's tuned, why be a cheap ass?

Call PTF and get a proper flash done before you start another thread about a funny noise.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Legionofboom Click here to enlarge
    Why would anyone run "free" tuning? The most important part of how your car runs and how long it runs is how well it's tuned, why be a cheap ass?

Call PTF and get a proper flash done before you start another thread about a funny noise.
    It's not a free tuning and Wedge accept donation which I hope all the people using his flash did donate some money.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It's not a free tuning and Wedge accept donation which I hope all the people using his flash did donate some money.
    Your datalogs look awful, so the not free tuning that you're using, isn't working very good.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast