Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

BEWARE OF RMS/DREAM MACHINE/OSH

I know, I know, members have warned me about the horrible tunes from RMS, but their quality of fabrication has also hit the toilet. I have spent $4K just fixing RMS mistakes, from tuning to misaligned s/c head unit to coolant bottle with no hose connected. I can go on and on. If anyone is thinking about bringing their BMW to RMS let this be a warning. Furthermore, Timmay on M5 Board details his nightmare with RMS and their terrible welding on his aftercooler.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sorry mate, I know how much time and $$$ you have spent on that beast... when I buggered my 996 I took it straight to the best guy possible.... but in both the Porsche and BMW worlds it is hard to find quality sometimes

I am so excited about your build. I pray for GL
    2005 Porsche 996 TTS RWD - Eurodyne 60-130 in 6.50s
    2015 Audi A3 2.0 TFSI - Eurodyne 0 - 100 in 10.67s
    2015 McLaren 650S (RHD) - UK - 1/3rd owner yet to drive

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Group.america Click here to enlarge
    Sorry mate, I know how much time and $$$ you have spent on that beast... when I buggered my 996 I took it straight to the best guy possible.... but in both the Porsche and BMW worlds it is hard to find quality sometimes

I am so excited about your build. I pray for GL
    Thanks, much appreciated. It is so hard to find honest people/shops in the aftermarket world. It is a crime and smelly scene. Osh stole from me to support his hollywood wife.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I am going to post every day to warn everybody about RMS. Osh/Chris are con artists. I paid for my RMS aftercooler? supercharger kit so Osh could pay for his daughters private college tuition?.And, if the quality with par with the course, I would not be writing this. But, RMS tuning and quality is pathetic. RMS is like a hooker who does not give good head.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yes well that is effed... where I come from people end up on the wrong side of a ditch for far less

RMS Tuning -

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Told you so...... and Told everyone so.......

Good luck.
    Click here to enlarge

EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 0-60Motorsports Click here to enlarge
    Told you so...... and Told everyone so.......

Good luck.
    Thanks, yes, you were/are right.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yes well that is effed... where I come from people end up on the wrong side of a ditch for far less

RMS Tuning -
    Who knows what the future can bring. But LOL, I don't think Osh works on owners cars if they have a NYC/NJ accent.Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Aren't they on here as sponsors?
    2006 AW/Black ZCP 6MT

Click here to enlarge

E46 M3 Owners of the World <---- Join the FB group!!

Instagram :: @NotSMG.M3

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by folgrz Click here to enlarge
    Aren't they on here as sponsors?
    Yes, but Sticky does not ban members to telling the truth.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...dor-Guidelines read at the bottom

it always did kinda trip me out how RMS is a sponsor here despite all the horror stories i read
    '08 535xi - fbo

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I wen't to RMS for downpipe install on my car. They did it fairly quick, but I guess that's the most i'd ever do with them. A bolt on piece at most.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BigM62 Click here to enlarge
    Who knows what the future can bring. But LOL, I don't think Osh works on owners cars if they have a NYC/NJ accent.Click here to enlarge

I am from Port Adelaide (South Australia) originally and my old man scared the bejesus out of me... told me stories about lads getting into bar fights one night and being Great White Shark chum the next day mate.. always told me if you fight, hit 'em so hard they do not get up... if they do... RUN...

Also, don't fight the wrong guy... shame I didn't listen to his last advice... came within a hair's ooopteenth breath of being food for a Tiger Snake one night in West Aussie when said killer put my face into the reach of a nasty one !

But seriously business wise.. take this RMS company to the small claims court... it is well worth the hassle and time

Good luck mate, you seem like a stand up bloke
    Last edited by Group.america; 05-20-2014 at 07:50 PM.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Cool

I am from Port Adelaide (South Australia) originally and my old man scared the bejesus out of me... told me stories about lads getting into bar fights one night and being Great White Shark chum the next day mate.. always told me if you fight, hit 'em so hard they do not get up... if they do... RUN...

Also, don't fight the wrong guy... shame I didn't listen to his last advice... came within a hair's ooopteenth breath of being food for a Tiger Snake one night in West Aussie when said killer put my face into the reach of a nasty one !

But seriously business wise.. take this RMS company to the small claims court... it is well worth the hassle and time

Good luck mate, you seem like a stand up bloke
    Thanks mate, much appreciated. I love your country ever since I saw the first Mad Max movie. I know you live in the USA also.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Would like to hear a little more about what happened, as a fellow vendor two unsatisfied customers does not make me a believer that a shop are con artists, etc. Shops that con people never stay in business. Please do not take this as me defending them, I have never worked with them, and know literally nothing about them, but I know customers, I know after 30 years in business, some from what my father taught me, and some from personal experience, you will never make everyone happy. Sometimes you have to cut your losses. What exactly happened to make you so upset, a little more details would make it more clear to me what happened and I am sure other people as well.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Would like to hear a little more about what happened, as a fellow vendor two unsatisfied customers does not make me a believer that a shop are con artists, etc. Shops that con people never stay in business. Please do not take this as me defending them, I have never worked with them, and know literally nothing about them, but I know customers, I know after 30 years in business, some from what my father taught me, and some from personal experience, you will never make everyone happy. Sometimes you have to cut your losses. What exactly happened to make you so upset, a little more details would make it more clear to me what happened and I am sure other people as well.

There is a build thread here big BigM62 did that goes into some discussion/detail

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    There is a build thread here big BigM62 did that goes into some discussion/detail
    I am lucky I had Rebello Racing build my engine. Chris blew the headgasket tuning it. So I went with ARPs and different metal gasket. And still I have to have it re-tuned by another shop because it is runnig way too lean.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    FWIW being in and out of the BMW scene since the 90s, I DO remember hearing many horror stories similar to what is being told here. In fact I thought that at one point they HAD closed years ago or were on the verge so I was surprised when I saw that they were still around and back to the same antics. Definitely more then a few dissatisfied customers as last I checked they had an F rating and like 14 claims with the BBB. If Hennessey can still be around then I guess bad business won't necessarily take places like this out of the game completely.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    RMS is the shop that took years building Adam Carolla's E46 M3. His M3 still doesn't run right, it just sits in his garage.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    And what about the Bahraini E39 M5 SC car. He sold the parts off of it.
    Click here to enlarge

EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3_WC Click here to enlarge
    RMS is the shop that took years building Adam Carolla's E46 M3. His M3 still doesn't run right, it just sits in his garage.
    I am lucky that I was able to fix the RMS mistakes and also have a shop that can tune a car. And how Osh manipulated the dyno numbers like the AFR's. As I mentioned before, I am grateful I had Rebello Racing build my engine.