Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

How to enable readiness in BMS pump flash?

Its my understanding that the BMS canned bins disable the emissions readiness. How would i enable those using TP since I do not intend on running CL downpipes in the near future and dont want to flash back to stock only for emissions inspections.

Also can someone explain how the xdf files are used in conjuction with org files to patch changes from the bms pump flashes over to my own org file?
    I believe with TP i was able to patch the changes using only a copy of my org file and the bms pump flash via the "compare" function. Im not sure where the xdf file comes into play.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Are you asking about the backend flash? if so you only need that if you are currently running a JB4 with high amounts of E85 mixes
    Click here to enlarge
    FBO's. Spec S2+. E85.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rdeterman Click here to enlarge
    Are you asking about the backend flash? if so you only need that if you are currently running a JB4 with high amounts of E85 mixes
    Confused. ..what does running high concentrations of e85 have to do with enabling the emissions readiness check?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The BMS flash is a backend flash to the JB4 you need both for it to work properly. Do you have a JB4?
    Click here to enlarge
    FBO's. Spec S2+. E85.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rdeterman Click here to enlarge
    The BMS flash is a backend flash to the JB4 you need both for it to work properly. Do you have a JB4?
    Yes I have a JB4 G5 Iso. Do you know how to enable the readiness?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    OK. I see what your asking now... I would contact Terry or possibly Wedge to see if they can help futher.
    Click here to enlarge
    FBO's. Spec S2+. E85.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The flash doesn't disable readiness it disables the code. Catless dps cause readiness to fail. With the code disabled you'd just never know if the cats are failing. If you're concerned you can easily re enable the cat codes in the bin before writing it (or at any time really). Just change it from 00 to 11 or 21 or whatever it is in the stock bin, good to go. You'll get cat codes again, but shouldn't mess with readiness either way.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by V8Bait Click here to enlarge
    The flash doesn't disable readiness it disables the code. Catless dps cause readiness to fail. With the code disabled you'd just never know if the cats are failing. If you're concerned you can easily re enable the cat codes in the bin before writing it (or at any time really). Just change it from 00 to 11 or 21 or whatever it is in the stock bin, good to go. You'll get cat codes again, but shouldn't mess with readiness either way.
    True you disable the codes but you effectively disable the ability for the readiness to set. I dont plan on running catless which is why I need to enable the codes again prior to flashing the car so I wont have issues passing state emissions.

I ran into that issue once with a protune on my evo. I would swap my test pipe back to the cat converter before I took car in for EI. But it failed because the readiness would not set even after driving around for a week. Then it dawned on me that maybe the tuner coded it out so I wouldnt get a CEL while running the test pipe.

Thanks for the assist in any event.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That might be the case, I will try and find oit at some point. Regardless, looks like the value you need is probably 56 to turn the code back on.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by V8Bait Click here to enlarge
    That might be the case, I will try and find oit at some point. Regardless, looks like the value you need is probably 56 to turn the code back on.

Click here to enlarge
    thanks a lot man! I'm assuming bank 2 doesn't need to be modified?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Most states pass you with 1 readiness check failed, You can check in INPA or maybe go to a check only smog place and see.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Hierlevelz Click here to enlarge
    thanks a lot man! I'm assuming bank 2 doesn't need to be modified?
    Both need to be modified it's 56 for both. This is because there are two primary kittens, a code for each one :-)