Close

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    It's not hard to believe. I think in order to technically be the "world record" people would like to see dynojet numbers to make it official.
    Agreed. A Mustang dyno would be a good measure, but dynojet needed to claim the victory (we have to use the same measure).

Nice ride for sure!
    700 and change

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by aflatau Click here to enlarge
    Sorry, but I don't have any DynoJets near me. What about a Mustang Dyno? What would be acceptable for that dyno? 700?
    Great question there, as to what would be an acceptable number on a load dyno. I know I was pretty bummed when I ripped 417whp on a dyno dynamics dyno, which is similar to the mustang from what i read. Either way you slice it, this is a major accomplishment for the N54, and the Custom Build Guys! Proof that this type of power is repeatable!

Congrats.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    In all honesty, there is only two people complaining about my dyno numbers lol, Shiv did what? 738 at 25 PSI with 10 degs of timing? I did 753 with 29 PSI and 14 degs of timing on race fuel and 100% meth. Why is this so hard to believe?
    I am going to assume you are talking about me as one of those two. I think you are missing the point. No one is complaining. I'm stoked for you actually! If you want to share your results that's awesome, but to claim WR it has to be the same measuring equipment as the others. Even Shiv got off the Mustang and jumped on a DJ to officially claim the WR. That's really the only way it could be verified. I mean if you do a google search of dynomite vs dynojet, you see more than one example of them reading 10%+ higher, if this was the case you would be below 700, still awesome numbers but not a WR. No one is knocking you at all, but to claim WR it has to be a DJ as that is the standard measuring equipment for whatever reason. I am all for someone taking the record from Shiv, trust me..Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

I'm the second one I guess lol

And again. Not complaining just want to see an accurate comparison to see if I need to bump up power or not Click here to enlarge
    - Proven Power Tampa built 6466 ST -
    - N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq-
    -N54 WR 1/4mile trap: 133.57mph- -

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

In all honesty, there is only two people complaining about my dyno numbers lol, Shiv did what? 738 at 25 PSI with 10 degs of timing? I did 753 with 29 PSI and 14 degs of timing on race fuel and 100% meth. Why is this so hard to believe?
    No one is doubting the number, haven't seen or heard anyone say they are. This is no different than if someone put down 700 on a mustang dyno, then someone put down 715 on a dynojet and said, new world record! Really? Let's just make a fair comparison.

Dynojets are the most universal way of comparing cars, better than mustang dynos, since mustang dynos can easily alter resistance thus having huge changes in output numbers, but are still the no.2 preferred dyno. They are better to tune on, because of this load they put on the car actually. Just saying, if current world record is on a dynojet, then you're gonna have to get on a dynojet to take that record. You can't break a mustang world record in a corvette....
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    I am going to assume you are talking about me as one of those two. I think you are missing the point. No one is complaining. I'm stoked for you actually! If you want to share your results that's awesome, but to claim WR it has to be the same measuring equipment as the others. Even Shiv got off the Mustang and jumped on a DJ to officially claim the WR. That's really the only way it could be verified. I mean if you do a google search of dynomite vs dynojet, you see more than one example of them reading 10%+ higher, if this was the case you would be below 700, still awesome numbers but not a WR. No one is knocking you at all, but to claim WR it has to be a DJ as that is the standard measuring equipment for whatever reason. I am all for someone taking the record from Shiv, trust me..Click here to enlarge
    lol I think everyone is! haha

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

I do not have a FFTec kit, mine is completely custom.

http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...aa0935_7-1.jpg
    Ok, thanks for neg. rep cause I thought you had an FFtec kit...

Anyway, glad to see someone finally pushing things on an MT. Getting that shift bog sorted out?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    Ok, thanks for neg. rep cause I thought you had an FFtec kit...

Anyway, glad to see someone finally pushing things on an MT. Getting that shift bog sorted out?
    I didn't give you neg rep dude. lol wtf.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

6 out of 6 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Lol. World record dyno numbers :p Dynos are manipulative. Take it to the track and let the mph do the talking like the rest of the performance world does Click here to enlarge

Congrats on the accomplishment adam. That the real topic here. The progression of the platform. Keep pushing that thing we'll get together on some drivetrain goodies Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

I didn't give you neg rep dude. lol wtf.
    lol, well I'm not negging you either, damn peanut gallery

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by andy_divers Click here to enlarge
    Lol. World record dyno numbers :p Dynos are manipulative. Take it to the track and let the mph do the talking like the rest of the performance world does Click here to enlarge

Congrats on the accomplishment adam. That the real topic here. The progression of the platform. Keep pushing that thing we'll get together on some drivetrain goodies Click here to enlarge
    I couldn't agree more, real world performance is the ultimate measuring stick, but every platform in the world uses dyno to compare different setups and engines. In a perfect world you would break the WR on a DJ then hit the track and beat down shivs 1/4 time right after...Click here to enlarge Then you would truly be the undisputed N54 king until someone else stepped up.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    626 Post(s)

Dyno schmyno. We got the N54 60-130 WR with only 585whp. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

5 out of 5 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    *On Soapbox*

Man - this is a tough crowd. I get the desire to have equal compares, but that is never going to happen unless everyone shows up at the same dyno, on the same day.

Give the poor guy some kudos - he's pushing the limits (like several pioneers in here). He wasn't trying to act like a jackass and say no one else can beat him - he even mentioned that it isn't likely to stand for long as Vargas releases their Stage 3 and PTF brings out their single. It's not like he gets anything out of claiming a world record - and for those that do (i.e. aftermarket parts suppliers), nothing is stopping them from saying "N54 WR Dyno (Mustang): xxxHP".

Good job @aflatau. Let's all enjoy what's happening with the N54 versus getting in to a pissing contest.

*Off Soapbox*

-Rich
    E90 LCI 335i Black Sapphire (his)
    COBB/PTF proTUNE/Alpina/BMS Drop-in/PSS/Blizzak
    L322 Range Rover Java Black (hers)
    1969 Opel Gt Strato Blue (storage)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by richpike Click here to enlarge
    *On Soapbox*

Man - this is a tough crowd. I get the desire to have equal compares, but that is never going to happen unless everyone shows up at the same dyno, on the same day.

Give the poor guy some kudos - he's pushing the limits (like several pioneers in here). He wasn't trying to act like a jackass and say no one else can beat him - he even mentioned that it isn't likely to stand for long as Vargas releases their Stage 3 and PTF brings out their single. It's not like he gets anything out of claiming a world record - and for those that do (i.e. aftermarket parts suppliers), nothing is stopping them from saying "N54 WR Dyno (Mustang): xxxHP".

Good job @aflatau. Let's all enjoy what's happening with the N54 versus getting in to a pissing contest.

*Off Soapbox*

-Rich
    I personally couldnt disagree more that you think this is a pissing contest. For me at least its the opposite. I want him to break the record, anything to get it away from shiv. The simple fact of us knowing better than anyone how tough this crowd is, is why I want him to do it on a DJ. This will shut everyone up, as far as numbers go. Its simple, measure your car with the same measuring stick as everyone else and no one has a leg to stand on when it comes to doubting, until then it doesn't detract from what he has done. Car is awesome..!

Edit: Also just a side note. What do you think the entire automotive aftermarket is? From dyno graphs, to time slips, to car show trophies, its one gian dick measuring contest of saying my car is better than yours. That's why EVERYONE does it. When someone steps up with the new biggest dick, the ruler used to measure the last one should be pulled out to measure the new one. That's all

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    I personally couldnt disagree more that you think this is a pissing contest. For me at least its the opposite. I want him to break the record, anything to get it away from shiv. The simple fact of us knowing better than anyone how tough this crowd is, is why I want him to do it on a DJ. This will shut everyone up, as far as numbers go. Its simple, measure your car with the same measuring stick as everyone else and no one has a leg to stand on when it comes to doubting, until then it doesn't detract from what he has done. Car is awesome..!
    We'll agree to disagree Click here to enlarge I definitely see your point though Click here to enlarge

-Rich

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Now, to really turn this in to a pissing contest. Click here to enlarge

@Sticky - have you redyno'd above your 773 from a while ago? I know you are likely making more now, but if Terry gets the 29psi limit removed, the E9x record could be coming back in the N54 camp shortly Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge

-Rich

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

congrats on your achievement. You should just hit up Dynojet and settle this once and for all. Good luck btw.
    08 535i 6MT - JB4 G5 ISO - Luke performance flash - E40 & BMS 100% Meth - AR design catless DP - ETS 5" intercooler - BMS DCI - BMS OCC - ER chargepipe - HKS BOV - K-sport coilovers - UUC evo SSK - CDV deleted - ACS spoiler - Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge

@Sticky - have you redyno'd above your 773 from a while ago? I know you are likely making more now, but if Terry gets the 29psi limit removed, the E9x record could be coming back in the N54 camp shortly Click here to enlarge

-Rich
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, DCI, 7" FMIC, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

-Rich
    It was making much more than 773 then. With 25+ psi it's going to be way, way out of reach.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

I don't want you to think I'm ignoring this. I'll put up an article as soon as I can but I've been throwing up and $#@!ting all over the place today. I don't know what flu this is but I hope whomever is responsible is forced to endure this multiple times a year. Back to bed.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    It was making much more than 773 then. With 25+ psi it's going to be way, way out of reach.
    K
    - Proven Power Tampa built 6466 ST -
    - N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq-
    -N54 WR 1/4mile trap: 133.57mph- -

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    You bro are delusional, so let me try to do your math. So a Non M motor as you jump up and down point out its inferiority daily, with 2 less cylinders, 1.4 less liters of displacement, a lower redline, completely stock motor, stock fuel system, with a bolt on turbo system and some tuning is right behind your 3 year who knows how much money professionally built fully forged race ready motor, one of the biggest super charger kits out there for it, and pretty soon its going to be out of reach.. Bahaha. Dude you are so blindly in love with that motor its unreal. The N54 will surpass the S65 and it won't be long before it does. Fact

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

You bro are delusional, so let me try to do your math. So a Non M motor as you jump up and down point out its inferiority daily, with 2 less cylinders, 1.4 less liters of displacement, a lower redline, completely stock motor, stock fuel system, with a bolt on turbo system and some tuning is right behind your 3 year who knows how much money professionally built fully forged race ready motor, one of the biggest super charger kits out there for it, and pretty soon its going to be out of reach.. Bahaha. Dude you are so blindly in love with that motor its unreal. The N54 will surpass the S65 and it won't be long before it does. Fact
    Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge Now I've got all the N54 guys pointed in the right direction - at the S65! Click here to enlarge

-Rich

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

I wanna see these Big single N54's on the drag strip or at a roll-on event. Those numbers are what matter!
    Click here to enlarge
    FBO's. Spec S2+. E85.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

You just wait until the gintani TT comes out for the s65 in 2025. It will be alpha 9 gtrs. Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast