Close

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    656 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    When are you gonna put the 135i on the track so we can see a new WR 1/4mi pass?
    The dragstrip situation isn't good in socal and I don't think it would set any records currently anyway. The AT does not launch well with the larger turbo even with a higher stall. And with 3.46 gears the 4->5 shift is at 132mph. As a result I'm fairly demotivated to drag race the 135i at the moment and more interested in drag racing the M5. When it cools off in the fall and there are some track days available I'll give it a go though.
    Last edited by Terry@BMS; 05-14-2014 at 05:42 PM.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Opinions can be wrong. In my opinion the earth is the 14th planet from the sun. Fact is, that is wrong. Your perception is wrong as I know for a fact what I think.
    When an opinion states purported "facts," it is the fact that can be incorrect. However, your opinion based on erroneous facts is still just an opinion.

You want me to drop the whole inferiority complex and asking how it relates to me, or perhaps do you want to admit you used a word you don't understand?
    E92 Bren Tune / E90 PTF Tune / E70 Twin Turbo Diesel JBD

Got Boost?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge This is the pot calling the kettle black. So a guy tagged you and asked about your car, so what, answer him and move on. No one made this into another S65 vs N54 garbage thread but you, I can always tell when you are responding to every single person in a thread because I get like 15 notifications at the same time, if you want the N54 threads to be about N54's stop dragging the S65 and your car into every single one. I love this forum cause of the intelligent people here, but this happening in almost any thread that gets a lot of attention is so old. How you seem to make your car and yourself relevant in every big post is pretty nuts.
    Look, I'm pretty much tired of how every time the N54 does something people want to poke and pull at me as if this is some kind of N54 vs S65 thing. It almost feels like, 'Oh look at this! The N54 is coming for you man. You just watch!'

I'm thrilled for @aflatau and congratulated him with the proper recognition he deserves. We are all disrespecting him by making this a pissing contest. If you want to have said pissing contest feel free to do so in the other thousand similar pissing contest threads.

So, I respectfully ask we move on.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Legionofboom Click here to enlarge
    Well if you do, I think it would be a great road trip. We should all do bimmerfest or something.
    That's what I'm thinking, get a group together for at least one event on the east coast, and maybe one out west...it's just so far out there. Maybe if we can get the Cali boys to driver there we can all meet in Texas.
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Look, I'm pretty much tired of how every time the N54 does something people want to poke and pull at me as if this is some kind of N54 vs S65 thing. It almost feels like, 'Oh look at this! The N54 is coming for you man. You just watch!'

I'm thrilled for @aflatau and congratulated him with the proper recognition he deserves. We are all disrespecting him by making this a pissing contest. If you want to have said pissing contest feel free to do so in the other thousand similar pissing contest threads.

Thank you lol.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Yeah sticky, point the finger at everyone else, they baited you into another S65 Vs N54 battle, you were just minding your own business and boom, you were responding to 20 posts going into how much more efficient the N65 is, how far ahead it is of every N54, etc, etc, etc, etc, also everyone else in this thread has also congratulated Adam on his numbers. All we have asked is he gets them verified on the standard measuring stick which is a DJ, because if there is no measuring standard, then there is no point even having a number contest at all because you cant keep track of it accurately.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Yeah sticky, point the finger at everyone else, they baited you into another S65 Vs N54 battle, you were just minding your own business and boom, you were responding to 20 posts going into how much more efficient the N65 is, how far ahead it is of every N54, etc, etc, etc, etc, also everyone else in this thread has also congratulated Adam on his numbers. All we have asked is he gets them verified on the standard measuring stick which is a DJ, because if there is no measuring standard, then there is no point even having a number contest at all because you cant keep track of it accurately.
    I stated we are all disrespecting the OP. That includes myself so I am hardly shifting blame.

Once again, I am stating I would like to respectfully move on as I have absolutely zero interest in making this about my car. There are plenty of threads on that topic here and for some reason people continue to drag it all over the forum. Your post only continues this.

So, I will ignore parts of your post in the interest of moving on and simply say that there is no dyno standard. I did all that is in my power to state different dynos were used. I'm not sure what else I can do at this point. It would be wrong of me to invent a self-serving standard that shows favoritism. Perhaps when I wrap up my dynonumbers.com addition to the network and we get an official dyno sponsor that will be the dyno we use as a standard. Until then, all I can do is inform and hopefully educate on how dyno's differ.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I stated we are all disrespecting the OP. That includes myself so I am hardly shifting blame.

Once again, I am stating I would like to respectfully move on as I have absolutely zero interest in making this about my car. There are plenty of threads on that topic here and for some reason people continue to drag it all over the forum. Your post only continues this.

So, I will ignore parts of your post in the interest of moving on and simply say that there is no dyno standard. I did all that is in my power to state different dynos were used. I'm not sure what else I can do at this point. It would be wrong of me to invent a self-serving standard that shows favoritism. Perhaps when I wrap up my dynonumbers.com addition to the network and we get an official dyno sponsor that will be the dyno we use as a standard. Until then, all I can do is inform and hopefully educate on how dyno's differ.
    Gotcha so there is no Dyno standard anymore? Good to know, I will be looking up the closest Dynomite dyno and no longer disclosing where I am dynoing our products or what type of dyno. Just posting up numbers, if there is no dyno standard than it doesn't matter, its just a free for all number wise. This doesn't sound very fair or honest does it? Obviously a bit dramatic of an analogy but the bottom line is, if you have a measuring contest which is all WHP posts are, then yes there needs to be a standard for measuring, which for whatever reason the DJ has been chosen as. Seems simple if you just remove all politics from it, why you are all of sudden saying there is no standard is a little surprising.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Gotcha so there is no Dyno standard anymore? Good to know, I will be looking up the closest Dynomite dyno and no longer disclosing where I am dynoing our products or what type of dyno. Just posting up numbers, if there is no dyno standard than it doesn't matter, its just a free for all number wise. This doesn't sound very fair or honest does it? Obviously a bit dramatic of an analogy but the bottom line is, if you have a measuring contest which is all WHP posts are, then yes there needs to be a standard for measuring, which for whatever reason the DJ has been chosen as. Seems simple if you just remove all politics from it, why you are all of sudden saying there is no standard is a little surprising.
    Please do. That would be great. Thanks.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm just glad I'm not the only that feels this way.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by aflatau Click here to enlarge
    Please do. That would be great. Thanks.

Wait...please tell me you don't really think you would be putting these same numbers down on a dynojet...

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Tony, I really don't think it's a big deal.

It's hard to balance different types of dynos. I mean, someone could go on a Dyno Dynamics and set it to read to 3000+ hp. So what?

Yes, a standard would be nice but there is no standard. This just gives an idea of what a third party is doing on the platform. Is it the overall HP record? We don't know 100% for sure. It's like hitting a moving target.

We can say something along the lines of for HP records to be claimed only Dynojet graphs are accepted. That still doesn't change the fact the OP's post is a major achievement.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Tony is right..
    '08 535xi - fbo

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Tony, I really don't think it's a big deal.

It's hard to balance different types of dynos. I mean, someone could go on a Dyno Dynamics and set it to read to 3000+ hp. So what?

Yes, a standard would be nice but there is no standard. This just gives an idea of what a third party is doing on the platform. Is it the overall HP record? We don't know 100% for sure. It's like hitting a moving target.

We can say something along the lines of for HP records to be claimed only Dynojet graphs are accepted. That still doesn't change the fact the OP's post is a major achievement.
    huh? how doesn't it? so if Tony or Shiv or Terry, or Ak335i go jump on some other dyno and put down 777whp they take the e9x WR?

OP is putting down power no doubt, but is this some great N54 achievement? No, I can't say that it is. IF it was backed by at least a datalog showing conservative tuning, or quick spool, or something, it would at least help.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Bottom line, the car is in beast mode obviously, we just do not have an exact number in comparison to the others for him to claim king of the hill, that's it, no other gripes at all with his results. He spent his money, had a shop build him a good kit, had it tuned, and it lays down the law. It would just be nice to see it on the same measuring stick. The end

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    huh? how doesn't it? so if Tony or Shiv or Terry, or Ak335i go jump on some other dyno and put down 777whp they take the e9x WR?

OP is putting down power no doubt, but is this some great N54 achievement? No, I can't say that it is. IF it was backed by at least a datalog showing conservative tuning, or quick spool, or something, it would at least help.
    What, am I in charge of what dyno's people use?

My first post, what do I say? I say I'd like to see it on a Dynojet. Why? To avoid this exact bull$#@!.

It's an achievement. I'd love for everything to be black and white but it isn't.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Jesus Christ people, I forgot my favorite part of being a BMW enthusiast and owner, watching the worst of the worst analytics that are the other typical enthusiasts. Just be happy for the guy. There's tons of variables, period. We don't need to know if the coriolis effect affected it, if he's a libra or Taurus, or the wind speed.
    Yikes...
    Because racecar.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Bottom line, the car is in beast mode obviously, we just do not have an exact number in comparison to the others for him to claim king of the hill, that's it, no other gripes at all with his results. He spent his money, had a shop build him a good kit, had it tuned, and it lays down the law. It would just be nice to see it on the same measuring stick. The end

x9,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999

OP is a smart man, its obvious he is intelligent, has good intentions in every way. But to say you have the world record is saying your car is more powerful than all others yet its only been measured on a dyno that maybe .05% of the owners use and post about. How can you not expect other intelligent people to say hey thats a wierd variable, throw it on a dynojet to be sure. Its only logical imo.

No one is taking anything away from this car or putting it down, except sticky by saying no one can come remotely close to him ever.

He is honestly the only person in here who put down any n54 car.
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    pretty sure it's too late to try to bring in dynojet numbers to "avoid what's going on right now" if it's already happening.. lol
    '08 535xi - fbo

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    No one is taking anything away from this car or putting it down, except sticky by saying no one can come remotely close to him ever.
    I'm taking away from him by saying congratulations and keep it about the N54? By explaining dynos differ? Yeah silly me.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm taking away from him by saying congratulations and keep it about the N54? By explaining dynos differ? Yeah silly me.
    X999999999999
    Because racecar.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Can't we all just...

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So, did everyone's periods sync up again?

Nice numbers op, I hope you can put that car to work on the street/strip.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

5 out of 7 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

no that is not how you are doing it... You are doing by telling everyone the n54 is behind the s65 , s54 , etc etc ... and how no one is and never will be close... essentially belittling every modded n54 there is. Consistently putting down the n54, their owners and members of this site. You give credit sure, but never without mentioning on the same page that the almighty s65 of yours is superior in every way possible and laugh in the faces of those who try to reason or disagree with you. But i guess you do not see that, you only see one way, one side, and that is it. It is my observation that you do not realize what you do and say comes off extremely condescending to many users here and as @VargasTurboTech has pointed out you do this to the people who drive your forum.

Your car has literally been down for years and it moved down a airstrip in one event that you won with a 17x trap which IMO is laughable for the game you talk, than broke in the next event, neither of which you drove in, but say my car this, my car that, trophy this trophy that. Its like you are a sponsor to a company who does not need or even want your sponsorship it seems. Why wasnt there a spare belt there? Do they care that much? Doesn't seem like it. The tranny is done, wait no its not, now it needs more work. But no one is in the stratosphere of your car. You are right. Just not for the reasons you believe. My observation leads me to believe that you are hypocritical and $#@! where you eat way too much than act like you are an angel who does no wrong at any time and have no problem insulting anyone who begs to differ.

my post to rep ratio shows i am a solid member of this forum, but lately i am so driven away by the overall antics of many that i will be here less and less. And i know you dont care, and will be vocal about it, but 1+1+1+1+1+1 starts to add up.
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast