Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Track Time: The 2015 BMW M3 at Mid Ohio

Published on May 9, 2014
    The historic Mid-Ohio Raceway roared to life this week with the sound of power, M Power. In an unprecedented show of force, the brand brought together every generation of M3 street and race cars and invited Justin along for the ride. Of course, he couldn't wait to get behind the wheel of the all new 2015 BMW M3 to record some of the first driving impressions on the latest evolution of a legend.
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Are there any F80 vs E90 track time comparisons yet?
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, DCI, 7" FMIC, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

I can't watch youtube on my work computer so not sure if it was mentioned in the attached video
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, DCI, 7" FMIC, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Justin Bell's videos he does for Motor Trend are worthless. He knows nothing about these cars, just regurgitates stats he was given prior to driving the cars. Surprising since he was a decent racing driver at one point.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

lol ... i just saw it was a new video.. it did seem pretty scripted tbh

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

@bigdnno98 - if it was lighting the world on fire with track times bmw would be giving it to people with the e9x to show that id think...

imo this car will be better for the masses bc it will feel faster stock , the mpg is the most impressive part of the car to me imo lol and that will open peoples eyes who are worried about that type of thing and it will impress them, a simple tune will make it "fast"

but it really is an inferior car motor wise..

interior is much nicer imo, the electronics are better, driving modes, angel eyes are all better as well... but to say spending 72k on a new m3 is the better choice than a CPO e9x M3 is illogical if you plan to go mod crazy for big power. You can get a cpo M3, build the motor, and put a turbo or blower on it for a similar price i bet.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

we'll see soon. I've never been an S65 fan. TT I6 is right up my alley. I'm going to place my bets on the S55.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    @bigdnno98 - if it was lighting the world on fire with track times bmw would be giving it to people with the e9x to show that id think...

imo this car will be better for the masses bc it will feel faster stock , the mpg is the most impressive part of the car to me imo lol and that will open peoples eyes who are worried about that type of thing and it will impress them, a simple tune will make it "fast"

but it really is an inferior car motor wise..

interior is much nicer imo, the electronics are better, driving modes, angel eyes are all better as well... but to say spending 72k on a new m3 is the better choice than a CPO e9x M3 is illogical if you plan to go mod crazy for big power. You can get a cpo M3, build the motor, and put a turbo or blower on it for a similar price i bet.