Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Steering wheel roundel replacement

I think this has been discussed previously but just in case it helps someone, I thought I would post it.

I made the mistake of hitting the center of the steering wheel when some brain donor turned in front of me. This resulted in a small dent in the roundel which bugged the heck out of me. BMW says the whole air bag has to replaced and would not do so under warranty as it was, in their opinion, not that bad. Pissed me off as I consider this a BMW engineering fail but, I digress.

Researching this issue led me to part number: 36 13 1 181 082 which is actually a wheel center cap. This center cap is the identical size as the steering wheel roundel and fits perfectly. If you look really close, you might see that it sits ever so slightly higher but that would be nit-picking.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

i researched this to death myself when i was buying aftermarket roundels because i did the same exact thing (dented the steering wheel roundel), but it turned out that aftermarket roundels are subtle but hard 3m stickers. go for it, trust me on this one.
    '08 535xi - fbo

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Hey rawad1017,

I got the part I listed off of ebay. It looks pretty good. Definitely better than $1k for an airbag or staring at a dented steering wheel emblem!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by eric84405 Click here to enlarge
    Hey rawad1017,

I got the part I listed off of ebay. It looks pretty good. Definitely better than $1k for an airbag or staring at a dented steering wheel emblem!
    you'll forget it's even there real quick Click here to enlarge
    '08 535xi - fbo