Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So apparently my original read file is corrupt and useless, which puts me in a pickle in flashing back to stock.

If I use Dirty Dogs original read file, which is a good file. Do I need to make any changes in the VIN etc?? Or can I just do a force write complete with his BIN?

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Artial Click here to enlarge
    OP have you flashed our 335i DCT transmission with the transmission software from the Z4 DCT? as it's currently popular in Germany.
    Which flash is this? Do you have a link with more info?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by _ink Click here to enlarge
    So apparently my original read file is corrupt and useless, which puts me in a pickle in flashing back to stock.

If I use Dirty Dogs original read file, which is a good file. Do I need to make any changes in the VIN etc?? Or can I just do a force write complete with his BIN?
    Bump!

Can someone please answer this for me so that i can return to stock?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If your original bin is corrupt do not force flash the car with it!
    Best way is to go to a bmw dealer and flash it, it is safer. You can do it with Winkfp also, but this is the hard way if you don't know exactly what to to.
    E90 335i 6MT
    JB4 G5
    FBO + Meth

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by piele_bps Click here to enlarge
    If your original bin is corrupt do not force flash the car with it!
    Best way is to go to a bmw dealer and flash it, it is safer. You can do it with Winkfp also, but this is the hard way if you don't know exactly what to to.
    Thanks for the reply. So I couldn't use a friends flash who is the same spec as me?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Teoretical yes, you can, you have nothing to lose. Your car will have his vin, unless you can modify the Vin in the bin.
    E90 335i 6MT
    JB4 G5
    FBO + Meth

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Teoretical yes, you can, you have nothing to lose. Your car will have his vin, unless you can modify the Vin in the bin.
    Is there a process on how to change the VIN?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yes, it is, but I don't know it.
    E90 335i 6MT
    JB4 G5
    FBO + Meth

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Damnnnnn!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ok, I got it! It took me 1 hour, but it worth it! I think I know how to change the VIN in the BIN.
    E90 335i 6MT
    JB4 G5
    FBO + Meth

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ok, I got it! It took me 1 hour, but it worth it! I think I know how to change the VIN in the BIN.
    Oh nice!!! Care to share?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yes, no problem. You have to open hex editor in Tuner Pro. Are you familiar with Tuner Pro?
    E90 335i 6MT
    JB4 G5
    FBO + Meth

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    unfortunately i am not... I've downloaded it though.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Oh, not good.
    I can help you if you want. You have to send me your friend's BIN and the VIN of your car.
    E90 335i 6MT
    JB4 G5
    FBO + Meth

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I would recommend to use HxD as a hex editor.

The vin is stored as ANSI text in two places and separately. As the first 10 and the last 7.

in IJE0S

The first 10 is stored at 0x1A33 and 0x40233

Last 7 is stored at 0x1A01 and 0x40201

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm still having issues unfortunately..... After flashing back to waht i believe is the stock map.

So this is what happens...

Cruising on the freeway doing 62mph in 7th gear, then i step on the accelerator to hit the kick down switch and the car will hesitate, then drop gears to 5th and rev out in an extremely strange fashion.. The engine would get louder as if is over rotating and the RPM's would get stuck at 5000rpms!!!!! Then climb down ever so slowly!!! It's like revving a manual in neutral!!

Also, i noticed the JB4 is switching itself to map 4 - OEM auto tuning???

I'm so $#@!ing pissed, just want this fixed!!! It's like the RACE map that Terry provided doesn't want to leave my car!!

@Dirty Dog @BuraQ @Terry@BMS

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If you need help with a JB4 safety map switch post the log of it happening in the n54tech support section. If the JB4 was setup for the back end flash and you flashed back to stock you likely need to raise the open loop value.

As I mentioned if you're looking for the DCT to have a clean acceleration when doing power-on downshifts you're going to be disappointed. Our M5 DCT when 100% stock had awful slow downshifts. As does our 2011 135i DCT. They get worse when raising the power levels. The only way to drive those cars is to manually downshift IMHO.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    If you need help with a JB4 safety map switch post the log of it happening in the n54tech support section. If the JB4 was setup for the back end flash and you flashed back to stock you likely need to raise the open loop value.

As I mentioned if you're looking for the DCT to have a clean acceleration when doing power-on downshifts you're going to be disappointed. Our M5 DCT when 100% stock had awful slow downshifts. As does our 2011 135i DCT. They get worse when raising the power levels. The only way to drive those cars is to manually downshift IMHO.
    So it's a safety map mechanism? Which confirms something is wrong?? I've returned all settings to default after flashing back to stock, open fuel loop is 80, CPs value @ 1500 removed, jb4 G5 n54 selected.

the power downshift isn't my concern, I just want it to be like it was before I did the BMS flash! Those symptoms I described to you above can't be normal at all to you can they? I mean, that's something seriously weird and messed up!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    For any specific tuning advice post the log in the support section and myself or Russell will check it out for you. Regarding DCT behavior, it's frequently odd and annoying. The power-on downshift lag is perhaps the most odd behavior. It could be yours is worse than normal due to some reason but what you describe is exactly what happens with any DCT I've ever raced. You press the gas pedal to the floor, the trans downshifts, but does not release full power, so you sit there for a couple seconds with the engine at higher RPM and the trans seemingly slipping, and slowly take off. The more power the longer the delay is before you get going. It's awful.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm still having issues unfortunately..... After flashing back to waht i believe is the stock map.

So this is what happens...

Cruising on the freeway doing 62mph in 7th gear, then i step on the accelerator to hit the kick down switch and the car will hesitate, then drop gears to 5th and rev out in an extremely strange fashion.. The engine would get louder as if is over rotating and the RPM's would get stuck at 5000rpms!!!!! Then climb down ever so slowly!!! It's like revving a manual in neutral!!

Also, i noticed the JB4 is switching itself to map 4 - OEM auto tuning???

I'm so $#@!ing pissed, just want this fixed!!! It's like the RACE map that Terry provided doesn't want to leave my car!!
    After tuning this car you cannot expect the characteristic to be the same as it was stock. The error here was going WOT while the car was in 7th gear @ 62mph. Yes the car will Bog at this speed in either 6th or 7th gears

The DCT must be driving like an MT, if it treated like a AT it will throw you an attitude when you get agressive

Your 5th gear issue sounds like your DCT was slipping, more likely it was over heating

The RPMs reving back and forth as the engine was having convulsions sounds like it went into limp mode. This particular limp mode is usually caused by a " load and torque" error. You shoudl have gotten codes for this to confirm

My suggestion ? Remove the BMS hardware and any tuning software, go to the dealer have them update your car to the latest software, and then get yourself a Cobb AP

Some cars like certains tunes and not all cars are fit for some tunes

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BuraQ Click here to enlarge

My suggestion ? Remove the BMS hardware and any tuning software, go to the dealer have them update your car to the latest software, and then get yourself a Cobb AP

Some cars like certains tunes and not all cars are fit for some tunes
    And this is exactly what I will be doing... sigh... Money that I need to pay BMW that could have just gone to a Cobb purchase.

Lesson: trust no one, even if they have great customer service and you have been using their products religiously.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @BuraQ @Terr@bms

Here is the Bin and IJE0S file there that i used, can you please look at the DCT load tables for me? and anything else?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/la4480sarh...040PW81813.bin

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @BuraQ @Terr@bms

Here is the Bin and IJE0S file there that i used, can you please look at the DCT load tables for me? and anything else?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/la4480sarh...040PW81813.bin
    Do as Terry sugggested and take it over to N54tech so either him or Russell can check it out for you.

If they cant resolve the issue, then, abandon ship and move on.....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I had the same issue in COBB AP when my load target was >210. The are now way to solve this in Europe DCT ver. Just use TCU flash from 335IS ver.
    TCU flash for 335is - ZUB# 8606074 ( This is latest flash ). You can use WIN KFP to update you flash.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ncat10 Click here to enlarge
    I had the same issue in COBB AP when my load target was >210. The are now way to solve this in Europe DCT ver. Just use TCU flash from 335IS ver.
    TCU flash for 335is - ZUB# 8606074 ( This is latest flash ). You can use WIN KFP to update you flash.
    Thanks for reminding me to update this.

You are 100% correct!! The EU and AU DCT's do not work with any of these Off the shelf MT flashes and should NOT be told or advised by ANYONE to use these.

The load targets mess around with the DCT's and need to be modified to suit.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Does anyone have the z4 DCT Zb#?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast