Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Procede Rev 3 + Meth Datalogs - Difference in AFR b/w banks

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone would be able to review my datalogs and let me know what could possibly be the cause for the significant difference in AFRs in my datalogs.

http://datazap.me/u/froop/20140508-a...11&zoom=52-284

http://datazap.me/u/froop/20140508-a...0&zoom=144-415

http://datazap.me/u/froop/20140122-w...&zoom=686-1126

The first 2 were taken yesterday on the dyno (Got 316.5kW atrw on a dyno dynamics roller. Stock run was 185kW) and the other was taken during a drag run. The car appears to run fine other than a couple pops and burbles when cold starting. I have pulled some lambda codes but have never had any misfires or anything.

Someone told me it could be to do with the lambda adaptations so I reset all of the adaptations before this latest dyno run and it appears to be the same if not even worse. I've even tried some injector cleaning stuff in the tank.

Looking through my datalog history it seems that this car has always done this. Before people say that it could be due to a poor distribution of meth, even when looking at the live values on the procede user tuning interface, at idle, bank 2 consistently sits about a 1 point lower than bank 1.

Am I up for O2 sensor or injector replacement?

Thanks,

Alex
    Stuff

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

If you have the nozzles in the charge pipe you'll see the variance when using meth. If you log without meth you should see the variance go away. I had the same issue. Putting the nozzles in the IC end tanks seems to fix the issue.
    335xi (sold)
    www.datazap.me - fast, free, interactive datalogs

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Hi jp, thanks for your reply. Great website btw!

I guess what I'm noticing is that even when meth isn't flowing I'm still noticing the difference in AFRs. When I had the car idling on the dyno and I was looking at the live AFRs through the user tuning interface bank 2 was still sitting 1 point lower than bank 1.

Edit: I probably shouldn't have zoomed in on the datalogs and shown the info prior to going WOT. http://datazap.me/u/froop/20140508-a...=1-5-7-8-12-13. If you have a look prior to meth flowing it's consistently lower, even at times being 1.5 points below bank 1.
    Stuff

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

An aftermarket intake manifold would be great on this platform! I wish that project wouldn't have fallen through for...whoever it was working on that.

Direct port meth injection would probably be a huge help, but it seems this isn't the first time i've heard of Cylinder 1 not bringing in enough air.
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Log a 3rd gear pull without meth on.....idle is a bit choppy even for me when I watch live data regarding fuel trims....they can breifly be a point or two apart on my car at idle.

I think a variation of half point to full point on AFR's between banks isn't unheard of as long as it isn't a constant variance.

Look back over some of my logs (procede + meth) I regularly see at least a half point spread between banks for AFR's which oscillates back and forth (ie not a constant variance).

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DCAFS Click here to enlarge
    Log a 3rd gear pull without meth on.....idle is a bit choppy even for me when I watch live data regarding fuel trims....they can breifly be a point or two apart on my car at idle.

I think a variation of half point to full point on AFR's between banks isn't unheard of as long as it isn't a constant variance.

Look back over some of my logs (procede + meth) I regularly see at least a half point spread between banks for AFR's which oscillates back and forth (ie not a constant variance).
    Thanks for the reply. I'll see if I can get a log sometime without meth spraying. I guess I wouldn't have an issue if it was half a point, it's just that mine stretches to 1.5 points and whilst it does oscillate, it's almost always that bank 2 is lower by a fair margin.
    Stuff

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Just a follow up to your issue........

I ran another datalog today and logged AFR and fuel trims for both banks.

My trims vary by about 10% between banks, but the AFR's stay within 5% variance and are pretty tight to each other most of the tiime.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

316.5wkw.......raising the bar again one week before dyno day? I'm glad you got that extra dyno tuning time before next weeks event. Your gonna need it! Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dirty Dog Click here to enlarge
    316.5wkw.......raising the bar again one week before dyno day? I'm glad you got that extra dyno tuning time before next weeks event. Your gonna need it! Click here to enlarge
    Haha, I can't make next weeks event unfortunately as I'll be in Brisbane that weekend so I figured I'd put it on the dyno early. Pretty happy with the results. On another note, my turbos took a dump over the weekend at the supersprints. Threw a 30FE and went into limp mode halfway through session 2. Started getting more smoke and a lot of wastegate rattle so I called it a day. Didn't want to have to get towed 2.5 hours back home.
    Stuff