Close

Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hayward, CA
    Posts
    7,916
    Rep Points
    3,953.7
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No

    VTT N55 DBB Stage 2 spool log JB4

    Just wanted to share a quick log showing the spool on the DBB Stage 2. The spool on this upgrade can only be described as lightening for a turbo of this size.

    http://www.datazap.me/u/vargasturbot...log=0&data=1-4

    10 psi around 2300 RPM
    15 psi around 2600 RPM
    19 psi around 2900 RPM


    For Comparison our N54 stage 2 upgrade doing a 4th gear pull as we did with the N55

    10 psi around 2500
    15 psi around 2800
    19 psi around 3200

    If we do a 3rd gear pull in the N54 which is more comparable as the AT in the N55 a much shorter 4th gear the results get even more skewed

    10 psi around 2800
    15 psi around 3100
    19 psi around 3400

    Basically the DBB N55 spools around 500 RPM sooner than even stock frame N54 upgrades. These turbos just plain spool!

    Also lets address these new claims of a stage 1 making 450WHP. Just to be frank, its complete BS the op was showing power in BHP. Terry Burger the man who holds the N55 record and also builds the software you all use to tune with, took a stage 1 to the dyno and found a max gain of 45 WHP, you literally gain that 45WHP over around a 750 RPM rev band, but we are to believe someone in Europe with some of the worst N55 JB logs (if we are to believe the logs the car is hitting 15psi at around 3250 rpm??) seen on the N55 made 450WHP which would be close to a 100WHP gain over stock. Plain and simple don't believe it, and lets be real, it is not a fact the numbers are BHP or crank hp. A stage 1 upgrade is good for a max of around 50WHP if pushed and pushed. This included ours, and it does so over a very narrow rev range, we are building one and we still conclude the stage 1 is the worst N55 bang for your buck. If you want to transform your N55 the only way to really do so is a stage 2. Happy motoring...Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by Tony@VargasTurboTech; 05-08-2014 at 12:57 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,808
    Rep Points
    31,800.0
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Also lets address these new claims of a stage 1 making 450WHP. Just to be frank, its complete BS the op was showing power in BHP. Terry Burger the man who holds the N55 record and also builds the software you all use to tune with, took a stage 1 to the dyno and found a max gain of 45 WHP, you literally gain that 45WHP over around a 750 RPM rev band, but we are to believe someone in Europe with some of the worst N55 JB logs (if we are to believe the logs the car is hitting 15psi at around 3250 rpm??) seen on the N55 made 450WHP which would be close to a 100WHP gain over stock. Plain and simple don't believe it, and lets be real, it is not a fact the numbers are BHP or crank hp. A stage 1 upgrade is good for a max of around 50WHP if pushed and pushed. This included ours, and it does so over a very narrow rev range, we are building one and we still conclude the stage 1 is the worst N55 bang for your buck. If you want to transform your N55 the only way to really do so is a stage 2. Happy motoring...
    Man I don't even know what we're referencing here didn't Terry already show a horsepower record with the turbo upgrade?

    If someone doesn't have it tuned well they can't expect it to work well. Even Terry had issues to sort before it showed what it was capable of.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hayward, CA
    Posts
    7,916
    Rep Points
    3,953.7
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Man I don't even know what we're referencing here didn't Terry already show a horsepower record with the turbo upgrade?

    If someone doesn't have it tuned well they can't expect it to work well. Even Terry had issues to sort before it showed what it was capable of.
    On the other site, one of pure turbos customers posted a graph of a 446BHP dyno with their stage 1 upgrade, the Pure jumped into the thread and is saying look everyone our stage 1 makes 450WHP, its really quite embarrassing they cant decipher between BHP and WHP

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,808
    Rep Points
    31,800.0
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    On the other site, one of pure turbos customers posted a graph of a 446BHP dyno with their stage 1 upgrade, the Pure jumped into the thread and is saying look everyone our stage 1 makes 450WHP, its really quite embarrassing, they cant decipher between BHP and WHP
    Who the hell is Pure Turbos?

    If they can't tell the difference between crank and wheel HP they can keep their turbos.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    3,868
    Rep Points
    2,450.1
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    25


    Yes Reputation No
    That's insane spool for that turbo Tony. Congrats! Have we seen any eclipse 500HP yet? That'll be a pretty big day for the N55 if it hasn't happened already. If it has, I'm not surprised at all, as that is one badass turbo.
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    London and USA
    Posts
    2,061
    Rep Points
    1,444.9
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Yes Reputation No
    19 psi around 2900 RPM

    Click here to enlarge
    2005 Porsche 996 TTS RWD - Eurodyne 60-130 in 6.50s
    2015 Audi A3 2.0 TFSI - Eurodyne 0 - 100 in 10.67s
    2015 McLaren 650S (RHD) - UK - 1/3rd owner yet to drive


    Click here to enlarge



  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    939
    Rep Points
    -24.5
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    So this is with JB4?
    To your knowledge has anyone tuned one flash only yet?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,808
    Rep Points
    31,800.0
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Nugs Click here to enlarge
    So this is with JB4?
    To your knowledge has anyone tuned one flash only yet?
    There are flash only N55's but you mean flash only turbo upgrade?

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    939
    Rep Points
    -24.5
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Yep.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,808
    Rep Points
    31,800.0
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Nugs Click here to enlarge
    Yep.
    I do not have any to reference...

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    939
    Rep Points
    -24.5
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Was hoping Tony might. My turbo is being installed right now, I'm still trying to decide if I try and tune flash only or to re install my JB4.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hayward, CA
    Posts
    7,916
    Rep Points
    3,953.7
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Nugs Click here to enlarge
    Was hoping Tony might. My turbo is being installed right now, I'm still trying to decide if I try and tune flash only or to re install my JB4.
    Luke, PTF is getting its legs with the N55, from what I have been told they are very close to feeling comfortable enough tuning them to start on the Stage 2 upgrades. They wanted to get very familiar with the N55 from a tuning stand point on the stock turbos before jumping into the upgrades. I would email Dzenno@protuningfreaks.com and he should be able to give you a time frame on tuning with flash only.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •