That being said, I'd go with the m5Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    Like others have said..a good set of snow tires will help but obviously the awd of the s4 is superior.

Remember, we had a crazy year for snow, it definitely wasn't normal. If you look at the snow avg.'s we usually only have maybe 3 bad days a winter? Most of the time when it snows hard, no one goes on the road anyway, no matter what car you have, so I think the AWD/4 wheel drive arguement is a little overdone. Think about it, your going to base what you drive during the year on a handful of snow days? Call out of work, or arrange so you don't get caught in a storm...
    This.

You carry the awd with you constantly when you really only need it a few times a year. Waste of MPG if you ask me. In the wet yes it is better but who races or pushes their car when it is wet out? Asking for a crash. I mean if your work doesn't call it off take a vaca or sick day or do a 1/2 day when the roads are better. A set of rims and good winters will not set you back that much.

I have another car for the winter, rainy days, long client visits, but I would be 100% confident driving my rwd 335 with snow tires.
    E92 Bren Tune / E90 PTF Tune / E70 Twin Turbo Diesel JBD

Got Boost?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Torgus Click here to enlarge
    This.

You carry the awd with you constantly when you really only need it a few times a year. Waste of MPG if you ask me. In the wet yes it is better but who races or pushes their car when it is wet out? Asking for a crash. I mean if your work doesn't call it off take a vaca or sick day or do a 1/2 day when the roads are better. A set of rims and good winters will not set you back that much.

I have another car for the winter, rainy days, long client visits, but I would be 100% confident driving my rwd 335 with snow tires.
    Lol... It reminds me of the people in nj that buy a jeep " for snow". I argue with them all the time....Ok so you get 18mpg all year so you can be set when we have 3 snow days all year. Half of those snow days, no one goes on the road because it's to bad!!

I'm sure Boston is different though, with many more days with snow/crappy conditions.
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What's snow?

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12