Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Polyurethane RTAB's, are they any good?

Has anyone installed Polyurethane RTAB's and if so what hardness did you use and how is the ride compared to the OEM rubber bushings?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Are you talking about Rogues? The upgrade for 335i would be the M3 version and from there, you can go with metal bushing as an "upgrade" to the M3 part.

BTW: The M3 part is superior to the OEM 335i, I would suggest to upgrade entire suspension, including M3 subframe bushings.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    My car is a Z4 35i, so RTAB from M3 is not compatible as far as I know. I can either use the RTAB shim kit (eg. Turner) or polyurethane RTABs. I have no experience with polyurethane so don't know how much it will harden up the ride/increase noise and vibration compared to rubber. I'm not sure how much the shim kit will help either, but hopefully better than nothing?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Go with the polyurethane. I have no clue what shims would do. To me, they are like washers to fill the void. It will get stiffer of course (that's the whole point!), but it shouldn't be noisy like full on metal bushings.

Can you send links? I wanna check them out.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    This is the link -http://www.harrisonmotorsports.com/akg-rear-trailing-arm-bushing-set-for-bmw-e36-e46-and-z4-polyurethane-90a.html

they have them in varying hardness, I don't know which would be best. I want stiffer, but still low road noise.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That's the best one for street. You don't want the metal bushings on the street. It will cause a lot of vibration. I would swap the fronts too. If you want less roll, you'll have to invest in stiffer sway bars (front and rear).

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    do you know how it will be compared to the OEM bushing?