Close

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JMARS Click here to enlarge
    I'm new here but not to the e90 N54 scene. Just ran across this thread and this looks like a sold build. Vargas, is this what you're running?
    Tony will be beta testing my stage 3 fuel kit with his double barrel shotgun upgrade and stage 3 turbos. Click here to enlarge

Also, for those that have been waiting for stage 2's, I just got 3 cores in today for the trade-in option. The website has been updated and they will ship tomorrow. They are available on a limited basis right now as I'm continually struggling to source enough parts to keep these in stock. Don't wait, or they'll be out of stock again. Click here to enlarge

Thanks to all of you who have been ordering and getting your cores back so quickly!

Steve

Edit: make that two left in stock, one just sold while I was writing this. Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click on the banner to visit our store...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Been 100% e85 for the last week. Pressures looked great the whole time. Once the trims had a few pulls they were usually <20. Got up to 65add, ~19psi target without meth (fue3&fub3). Vote for Steve, and of your wildest dreams will come true.
    http://www.datazap.me/u/skyguy/e85-6...25-26-27-28-29

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by skyguy Click here to enlarge
    Been 100% e85 for the last week. Pressures looked great the whole time. Once the trims had a few pulls they were usually <20. Got up to 65add, ~19psi target without meth (fue3&fub3). Vote for Steve, and of your wildest dreams will come true.
    http://www.datazap.me/u/skyguy/e85-6...25-26-27-28-29
    Haha. Looks good and I like how you're not getting too greedy with your timing. Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

I've been getting a lot of PM's and emails so I figured I'd post an update of the current status of various projects for those that have been asking and others that may be lurking. Click here to enlarge

E8x and E9x

Stage 1 and 2's....We have a lot of inventory coming and quite a few cores have been returned (thanks! Click here to enlarge ) so the stock levels should be more consistent for all the different options.

Stage 3....Proto fittings are done. Will be doing some testing this week and work on finalizing the rest of the design.

Stage 3.5 Click here to enlarge....Continues to run on my car and hope to get to it pretty soon to make it an option for those that are interested.

E60

I have a stock bucket that had an AEM pump installed and failed. It literally melted one of the electrical connections. Haven't tested that pump to see if it was due to the pump failing and drawing too much current or the connection itself failing. I'm currently evaluating the 450 installation for it as their are some pretty significant differences between that setup and the 1 and 3 series. More to come on that.

E89

Test unit is currently running in a car that is being tuned by PTF...more to come on that.

F3X

The test unit has been in a car for a while now. We will be installing another unit as soon as we receive their stock (failed) pump for upgrade. In addition we've obtained another core and will be making that available this next week.

Thanks,
    Steve
    Last edited by SteveAZ; 07-13-2014 at 10:52 PM.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Finally got the parts from the machine shop....and so it begins. Click here to enlarge

Should finish up the initial build and have this in my car this week! It'll be WAY over kill for my stockers but need to verify all is good and make any tuning adjustments to the venturi before shipping one off to Vargas for some real testing. Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SteveAZ Click here to enlarge
    Finally got the parts from the machine shop....and so it begins. Click here to enlarge

Should finish up the initial build and have this in my car this week! It'll be WAY over kill for my stockers but need to verify all is good and make any tuning adjustments to the venturi before shipping one off to Vargas for some real testing. Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

An update....

F3X series Stage 2 has been released.
    Click here to enlarge

There is currently one "trade-in" in stock at this time. Core units are in very limited supply right now and are hard to come by. The "rebuild" option is available as well, but requires that you send your LPFP in for rebuild. My turn around time is typically 24hrs but you must account for shipping times as well.

E-Series inventories are good now and I have plenty of all the stage 1 and stage 2 options in stock.

The E60 stage 2 unit was shipped out today for testing.

Thanks,
    Steve

P.S. I have a V2 prototype unit of F3X series ring removal tool available for testing. It'll go out for free to whomever is willing to test if for me and provide feedback. Thanks
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

An update....

F3X series Stage 2 has been released.
    Click here to enlarge

There is currently one "trade-in" in stock at this time. Core units are in very limited supply right now and are hard to come by. The "rebuild" option is available as well, but requires that you send your LPFP in for rebuild. My turn around time is typically 24hrs but you must account for shipping times as well.

E-Series inventories are good now and I have plenty of all the stage 1 and stage 2 options in stock.

Thanks,
    Steve

P.S. I have a V2 prototype unit of F3X series ring removal tool available for testing. It'll go out for free to whomever is willing to test if for me and provide feedback. Thanks
    This worthy of its own thread...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This worthy of its own thread...
    Haha...thanks and you're probably right, but with the limited availability....I'm just leaving it on the DL and only posting it here. Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Haha...thanks and you're probably right, but with the limited availability....I'm just leaving it on the DL and only posting it here. Click here to enlarge
    However you want to do it is fine with me!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

An update....

Thanks,
    Steve
    Click here to enlarge That is a great update for us E60 guys.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Steve thanks again for your great service and product and quick turnaround on the core deposit. Car's running strong.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

5 out of 5 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I'm impressed how your disgust with crappy quick connect meth fittings has evolved into my favorite source for low pressure upgrades.

I remember all the naysayers back in the day. Oh man. Good times. Keep up the good work, hope this is paying off for you some other than your OCD commitment to precision. The inline I have from you has been as solid as my own shade tree work on my first experiment, and I honestly have come to trust it more lol. Much respect.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

@V8Bait

Hahaha....too funny. So what I hear ya sayin' is I need to come out with a meth kit? Lol....just kidding but thanks...the feeling is mutual. Click here to enlarge

@everyone else

Just a quick update...

I had an unexpected family occurance this week that I had to attend so I didn't get to throw stage 3 in my car....however, here's a few teaser pics and I'll gather some test data and throw it in my car this week.

So far I'm pretty happy as this was a bit of a challenge to get two 450 pumps plumbed in parallel, all wrapped up in this neat little package, and still retain the venturi.

Internal to the tank this will be a simple bucket swap and completely plug and play. External to the tank an additional relay will need to be installed to control the stage 3 pump on demand per the users set up via JB4 or a Hobbs switch.

In normal operating mode this will function the same as a stage 2. After the relay is installed and triggered, the second pump kicks in to meet your stsge 3 fueling needs.

Note: If you're running a stock HPFP and no other type of supplementary injection, this will NOT be for you!
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

An update to the update....:lol

I got stage 3 on the test bench today and have good news and bad news. Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge

The good news, stage 3 when activated flows outrageous amounts of fuel. Click here to enlarge

The bad news, my test rig can't contain is safely as my tank is too small. Consequently I'll be ordering the remaining parts today to create a more permanent and better solution for my test bench.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hey steve,! i just got back from my vacation, i sitting at my door was the pump, Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge
    cant wait till i install it!!!
    btw apparently the parcel came in under a week to AUSTRALIA. super fast ! cheers

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Awesome! Click here to enlarge

All international shipments for stage 2 ship International Priority Express and it is guaranteed to arrive in Australia in 5-7 business days. Glad to hear USPS got it right!...now get to work! Click here to enlarge

...in case you haven't seen this...

Note: European spec cars don't have one of the DTML lines, so while I still send the US spec tophat just in case, you will probably need to reuse your tophat.

Also, for you Australian peeps that have gotten stage 2 or stage 1 with a new bucket. I have a distributor in Australia that is trying to get a few cores together so they can begin carrying stage 2 (and potentially stage 3's) so you all have a local distributor. If anybody has a stock bucket they'd like to send to them for the $50 core refund, please contact me and we'll make the arrangements.

Thanks,
    Steve
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i JUST emailed you regarding the top hat is differnt!! wow. read my mind Click here to enlarge
    soo ill just reuse my top hat.
    coz the vent hose is differnt size....
    Click here to enlarge cheers! back to work i goooooooo

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

ALLL DONE WOOOOOOO , back to e85 Click here to enlarge
    ill contact the aussie supplier and send in the core.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Thumbs up

Nice....glad it all came together for ya!

Thanks again,
    Steve
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

The BigCommerce checkout isn't working for me.

Please email me at SpenceraKimball@gmail.com so I can make payment for one.

Thanks!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Jk just had to make purchase on my laptop.

Any idea of shipping ETA?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

have you foudn the stock hardlines to be restrictive at any point? or is that to be determined?
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by spxxx Click here to enlarge
    The BigCommerce checkout isn't working for me.

Please email me at SpenceraKimball@gmail.com so I can make payment for one.

Thanks!
    What were you using? Phone, tablet, android, IOS??? What kind of issue were you having?

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by spxxx Click here to enlarge
    Jk just had to make purchase on my laptop.

Any idea of shipping ETA?
    Great, sorry for the trouble.

Everything listed on the site is in stock...if it's not, it won't allow you to purchase it.

Consequently your stage 1 kit will ship via USPS Priority tomorrow.

Thanks!

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    have you foudn the stock hardlines to be restrictive at any point? or is that to be determined?
    No, I do not believe the hard lines are restrictive at our current levels. As a matter of fact, if you look at the M4 lines...from what I can tell, they look to be very similar, utilize the same connections (5/16" fuel quick connects), and one lpfp line feeds both HPFP's.

Click here to enlarge

In addition, I have flowed over 2GPM (stock is approx. .6GPM) on lines with the same inner diameter on my test bench at 75psi.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

No, I do not believe the hard lines are restrictive at our current levels. As a matter of fact, if you look at the M4 lines...from what I can tell, they look to be very similar, utilize the same connections (5/16" fuel quick connects), and one lpfp line feeds both HPFP's.

Click here to enlarge

In addition, I have flowed over 2GPM (stock is approx. .6GPM) on lines with the same inner diameter on my test bench at 75psi.
    awesome, hopefully it won't restrict at soon-to-be levels either!

hard to tell from other cars/platforms, as nothing really runs fuel pressures anywhere near what the N54 does, even going to 3/8th lines or bigger at much lower power levels lol
    boop

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast