Close

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SteveAZ Click here to enlarge
    A bit early to commit to anything but this requires 4 custom made components and a fair number of modifications to make it as PNP as possible, DIY friendly, stock like, and to retain the venturi. I have to talk to my machine shop this week to get a better idea of where we stand on that and when I'll have a working proto type.

All that said, I'm targeting about $750..that could go up or down...we'll see after I talk to them Click here to enlarge
    not sure if it's been spoken about before (actually iirc it has lol) what's the benefit to the venturi? What's the downside to keeping it? (it reduces flow a tad, no?... does it increase bucket supply or something though?)

potentially $750 doesn't sound too bad for what should be the last low pressure solution for a fully DI setup you'll ever need hah.
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    not sure if it's been spoken about before (actually iirc it has lol) what's the benefit to the venturi? What's the downside to keeping it? (it reduces flow a tad, no?... does it increase bucket supply or something though?)
    A few things:
    -The venturi definitely increases bucket supply
    -I don't know about you, but I hate getting gas, so I regularly run my tank down to near empty. Also when running at the track or driving aggressively, I want the bucket to retain a constant supply of fuel. Consequently I like a setup that functions as close to stock as possible.
    -I've tuned the venturi output so it's more robust in order to keep it.
    -Yes, it does consume some of your capacity, but that's a pretty trivial, even more so when running dual 450's in parallel. The numbers in this video were generated while still using the stock venturi. I also expect the numbers to go up because the second pump was running on 11.5 volts...not the 13.5 it'd normally get. I need to get another power supply for my bench setup. Click here to enlarge You also lose capacity due to the regulator return. These are just some of the necessary components that we must allow for.

Ultimately my Stage 2 (and potentially Stage 1) should be sufficient for the VTT single barrel setup.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    potentially $750 doesn't sound too bad for what should be the last low pressure solution for a fully DI setup you'll ever need hah.
    I also should have clarified that does require a core return.

That depends on your goals Click here to enlarge We're going to reach a point where we eventually surpass the capacity of the stock plumbing. That stage is also in the works Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

That depends on your goals Click here to enlarge We're going to reach a point where we eventually surpass the capacity of the stock plumbing. That stage is also in the works Click here to enlarge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NKClFU7DmY
    thanks for the reply, interdursting

what sorta limit do you think the plumbing will impose?

do you think to fully satisfy a dual HPFP setup, the plumbing will become the limit?
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

On my bench setup the lines are the same size as the smallest restriction within the stock fuel system (.190"s). That does not include the inlet to the HPFP though and that varies based on how old your HPFP is (and does not apply in this case). I've pushed 2gpm through my bench rig but it was with an unrealistic setup that pulled a lot of current! All that said, my bench isn't a replica of our stock fuel system and there are other variables that will influence that.

As for when we'll hit the limit for our stock plumbing, I don't know yet. Hoping we see those kinds of HP numbers in the near future. Click here to enlarge

I'm personally a fan of the external pump, regulator, and upgraded lines as I've been running it for about a year. It helps to keep the temps down within the tank and is a very robust system. However, the dual 450's in bucket is a bit less involved and less expensive, so I'm happy to offer that solution as well. In reality though, it's probably only the very top guys that are really going to have to upgrade their lines, regulator, and such.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm in for Stage2, and payment sent. =)
    RB Turbos w/ N20 TMAP Sensor | 93 Octane Protune by Cobb Plano | Alpina TCU Flash | BMS DCI | STETT CP | Forge DVs | Helix FMIC | CP-E Catted DPs | Walbro 450 | RB PCV | M3 Control Arms | Cool Carbon Pads | BBS CH | Conti DWS | Coming Soon: E85
    Hixson BMW of Monroe, LA - Shady Dealer | Got E85? Make sure you have it right.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by georgelb Click here to enlarge
    I'm in for Stage2, and payment sent. =)
    Shipped...thank you!

Steve

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

0 out of 4 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    Good stuff! Are you going to offer options for the 455 inline using the adapter 07Tundra came up with?
    Why would he it outflows his 450 bucket option and its less expensive.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 07Tundra Click here to enlarge
    Why would he it outflows his 450 bucket option and its less expensive.
    That has nothing to do with it...among the reasons I won't offer it...

• The 450 bucket is a true E85 certified setup for those that want it. The final cost (with exchange or as a rebuild) is all of $35 more than "your" inline kit after your price reduction but comes as a complete drop in solution that is truly 100% PNP. In addition, some customers have had worn out LPFP's, this solution replaces those as well at a significant savings over buying "your" inline kit and a new bucket.
    • Both my current offerings max out the stock HPFP and Stage 1 is half the cost of "your" inline kit.
    • On top of that there is no place for it in my line-up for a few reasons.
      • It's an inefficient setup that I believe to pull too much current.
      • It's not a true inline and was never designed as such.
      • If people want a true E85 certified setup...that's not it.
      • I will not copy another companies design, if anything I would have redesigned it but for what? Stage 2.5? (450 + 450 inline)....No point for a design I don't wish to offer for the reasons already stated.

Going forward there is no place for it in my line up because...
    • The new Dual 450 bucket (now stage 3) will...
      • Flow more than the 450 with a 450 inline
      • Utilize a properly rated wiring harness for the second pump
      • Only run the second pump when needed
      • Also come as a drop in solution although an external wiring harness will be required.

• The external regulator setup (now bumped to stage 4) is just far superior in virtually every way as far as performance is concerned. The sky is the limit with that setup...or whatever the turbo guys come up with next anyway Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I will not copy another companies design, if anything I would have redesigned it but for what? Stage 2.5? (450 + 450 inline)....No point for a design I don't wish to offer for the reasons already stated.
    This is my favorite part, he took a really bad design to start with, copied it and now is selling a copy of a really bad design. We were going to do a 450 inline kit with a much better inlet method than that "hat" but after talking to Steve we decided not to, do I agree with Steve on all points, not all the time as we have had absolutely zero issues with running two 450's on stocking wiring, we haven't even blown a single fuse, BUT Steve knows more about fuel pumps than we do, and is doing a lot more testing than we are, so the smart person listens to the person who has more knowledge on a certain subject instead of just blindly pushing something. One thing is certain, the 450 was never designed to be run as an inline, and a dual 450 parallel setup will be far superior in flow capacity.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I am trying to buy the stage 1 kit tonight!!!! My lpfp is in good condition based off of my logs... what is the difference between stage 1 option 1 and stage 1 option 2??? What is the ring tool for? If I get it installed at a shop do I need the ring tool?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by boostking510 Click here to enlarge
    I am trying to buy the stage 1 kit tonight!!!! My lpfp is in good condition based off of my logs... what is the difference between stage 1 option 1 and stage 1 option 2??? What is the ring tool for? If I get it installed at a shop do I need the ring tool?
    Got your PM but I'll answer this here for others that may have similar questions.

Stage 1 Option 1 includes everything you need to install the 255 inline AND the 255 pump.
    Stage 1 Option 2 includes everything you need to install the 255 inline but does NOT include the 255 pump.

The ring tool makes it much easier to get the lock ring off the fuel pump assembly so you can remove it from the tank. If you have never been in there, I highly recommend it! Here's a video of that process. If you take it to a shop, then no, it's their responsibility. However, while it is entirely up to you and you obviously know your skill level far better than I...I have had well over 100 people install this kit with very few issues and it comes with what I am told Click here to enlarge a pretty good Powerpoint presentation that is step by step...but again, totally your call and if you don't have the basic tools to install it...then a shop is probably a good ideaClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

• The external regulator setup (now bumped to stage 4) is just far superior in virtually every way as far as performance is concerned. The sky is the limit with that setup...or whatever the turbo guys come up with next anyway Click here to enlarge
    nom nom nom, stage 4 sounds exciting.
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

today i instal my stage 2 pump and flash my car back to stock and i got this code p2aaf i never had this before on OFT e40 map do u know why i have this code with stock flash?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

2aaf is a shadow code. When you're running an upgraded fuel pump, your DME sees that you are pulling more current and gives this code. Nothing to worry about Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

watching this update everyday Click here to enlarge international.. lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by waterbottle1 Click here to enlarge
    watching this update everyday Click here to enlarge international.. lol
    Sorry, that is coming very soon Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    alll goood mannn , im 100% ready to buy and waiting Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Definitely impressed with the shipping time on this. I ordered it Tuesday afternoon and received it Thursday afternoon. Picked it up from the PO this morning, as I wasn't home for the delivery, and plan to install tonight. Thanks!
    RB Turbos w/ N20 TMAP Sensor | 93 Octane Protune by Cobb Plano | Alpina TCU Flash | BMS DCI | STETT CP | Forge DVs | Helix FMIC | CP-E Catted DPs | Walbro 450 | RB PCV | M3 Control Arms | Cool Carbon Pads | BBS CH | Conti DWS | Coming Soon: E85

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)

Definitely impressed with the shipping time on this. I ordered it Tuesday afternoon and received it Thursday afternoon. Picked it up from the PO this morning, as I wasn't home for the delivery, and plan to install tonight. Thanks!
    That's pretty damn quick...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Hahaha, I've tried hooking up with Amazon Air for the 30 minute delivery option...but they wouldn't talk to me Click here to enlarge

In all seriousness though...glad you got it already...I know how it is to wait...so I try to minimize that Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hahaha, I've tried hooking up with Amazon Air for the 30 minute delivery option...but they wouldn't talk to me Click here to enlarge

In all seriousness though...glad you got it already...I know how it is to wait...so I try to minimize that Click here to enlarge
    That's okay; drones would just get shot down and looted here.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just wanted to post some pictures of what you get with the full bucket replacement, as I'm really impressed with the quality and details.

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    This is my favorite part, he took a really bad design to start with, copied it and now is selling a copy of a really bad design. We were going to do a 450 inline kit with a much better inlet method than that "hat" but after talking to Steve we decided not to, do I agree with Steve on all points, not all the time as we have had absolutely zero issues with running two 450's on stocking wiring, we haven't even blown a single fuse, BUT Steve knows more about fuel pumps than we do, and is doing a lot more testing than we are, so the smart person listens to the person who has more knowledge on a certain subject instead of just blindly pushing something. One thing is certain, the 450 was never designed to be run as an inline, and a dual 450 parallel setup will be far superior in flow capacity.
    Such a bad sign that it out flows any current offering on the low side!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 07Tundra Click here to enlarge
    Such a bad sign that it out flows any current offering on the low side!
    http://www.bimmerboost.com/attachmen...1&d=1399307931
    No sir, the pump is a great design. I'm talking about that crappy little hat you copied. You got any flow numbers for us with that hat or are you just selling it as is with no numbers, because honestly its not even a true series pump, a true inline feeds directly into the inlet of the second pump, it does not fill up a little hat which then feeds the pump, its essentially a mini surge tank, which can have benefits but it is not a true in series set up and will not flow like one. We understand you already had the Vishnu pump so it was easy to just pull it and take it down the machine shop. The only reason I even post these things is because you continue to bash the guy who is doing ALL The testing, who just by talking to him a handful of times I can tell KNOWS his stuff. In contrast I see your posts and they are, yeah buy my 450 inline, it works. Maybe if you were a little more gracious with Steve and were not always trying to convince everyone your system was better. I honestly have all the cad drawings done for a proper inline 450 solution, that will cost half what yours cost, and work as a TRUE series pump, as well as all the drawings for CNC factory fittings etc, but after talking to Steve I decided to scrap the project, not because it wont work, I am running a 450 to a 450 in the shop car right now, it runs perfectly, but because he is right, the 450 was never designed to be run inline, and I feel if you are going to run two 450's just go parallel it will flow much better, if you do not need the 450 parallel set-up then a 255 will get you plenty of fuel with a true inline. Say what you will, but we all know you 100% copied the Vishu hat, now sell it as your own, with little to no actual testing, or flow numbers. That is fine if you are running it on your car, but to sell them as THE solution, I would rather go with the guy giving me numbers, and helping me understand more about pumps.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Thanks guys....

Frankly, I will let my innovative (original) ideas, data, hard work, and customer service speak for itself. There will always be those that try to copy my designs. But in order for them to copy them, they have to wait until they come out. Click here to enlarge By that time, I'm already working on the next one to meet the ever changing needs of this rapidly developing platform.

The fact that you'll come in here and attempt to crap on my Vendor thread as a non-vendor to try and promote your product with no data to back it up speaks volumes. All this despite the fact that you've have been promising data for months and have a complete lack of understanding of how our fuel system works. Oh I know..."you were learning how to tune your car." You don't use logs to do that? I'll just leave it at that.

I don't have time for this piddly stuff...my customers come first and I have products to ship and a website to launch.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast