Close

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by musc Click here to enlarge
    Great stuff Steve. I know this info is probably posted somewhere throughout the discussions but how is the flow characteristics of stock LPFP w/255 inline vs the 450 bucket? I have the 255 inline long before your kits came out and pressures look good running E60. Would there be any real advantage of upgrading to the 450 bucket other than a cleaner install and certified E85 LPFP pump? I know eventually the 255 and stock LPFP may fail as they aren't E85 certified but I have no idea how long they generally last. I probably have maybe 6-7k miles on mine and I bought a new bucket when I installed the 255 so I know it was a fresh pump. Thanks!
    For a car with a stock HPFP and fuel system, no, there is no advantage to go to stage 2.

I put stage 2 out for a few reasons.

1. In preparation for stage 3 and to be prepared for new fueling options for the platform.
    2. For those that have "tired" stock pumps and/or would rather not have an inline pump.
    3. Those that want an E85 certified pump

As for longevity, I think there are quite a few people that have many more miles than you do on their inline setups. I'd personally run it until you find that your LPFP pressures are insufficient and proceed accordingly at that time.

Given the work load is split between the two pumps, I'd expect you have many more miles of use. I ran a stock pump on straight E85 for a year or about 10K miles and only swapped it out to test other setups.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by camberadam Click here to enlarge
    i can/will vouch for Steve. his stage 1 kit is probably the nicest/well thought out "kit" i've bought across various platforms from an individual (not a shop). if this were ebay, he'd get 5 stars.
    Thanks, appreciate it and glad to hear everything is working out well for you.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Thanks to all who have purchased stage 2. The initial offering of stage 2 has now sold out and I am no longer accepting orders for them. I will open it back up after all these orders have shipped and I replenish my stock.

Stage 1 kits are in stock and those orders are still being accepted.

Thanks,
    Steve

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Well that was kind of fast.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Well that was kind of fast.
    Yeah, I appreciate the interest but given the shortage of cores, it does limit the availability a bit. Click here to enlarge I'm working on that and appreciate everybodies patience.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Hello,
    If I go with the stage 1 kit, can I run 100% e85? I have a brand new hpfp. Would you recommend going with a lower percentage of e85 with the stage 1 kit? right now I am running with a 40/60 ration of e85 and 91

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Sorry for the slow reply, I was out of town for the weekend and missed this.

As long as you have a healthy stock LPFP, a stage 1 kit will max out your HPFP.

A stage 2 kit will as well but neither will guarantee that you can run 100% e85. That is more dependent upon your tune, upgrades, and a variety of other variables.

If 100% E85 is your goal, I'd suggest you invest in a tune and the LPFP upgrade of your choice.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Just wanted to update you all. I had said these will start shipping this week and they will but intended to ship them today.

I got a call from my machinist that he is running behind. However, I was able to get him to promise me half my order (I ordered 50) on Wednesday this week. Everything else is prepped and ready to go so they'll begin shipping on Wednesday the 21st and hope to have them all shipped out Wednesday or Thursday.

Also, any orders that come in, go on a waiting list. If it's for an Option 1, they will ship as soon as cores start getting returned. If it's an Option 2, they will ship as soon as I can get some more buckets from my supplier (He's working on that as I type this) and if it's an Option 3 they'll ship as soon as I get your bucket and can get it turned around. However, my focus right now is getting pending orders filled and they take priority.

All that said, my preference is that you all wait until I open sales back up and I really prefer not to have a waiting list.

Thanks,
    Steve

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I did some logs and my lpfp is in a consistent range all of the time with no drops under 50psi. I am running jb4 map 7.... what percentage of e85 would you recommend if I get the stage 1 kit?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

If you're running E40, your octane level may be a bit low for Map 7 unless you're also running meth. If you don't mind, post your logs so we can see whats going on.

I know you said your goal is 100% E85. If you plan on leaving the rest of your fuel system stock, a stage 1 inline upgrade is sufficient. By the sounds of it your stock LPFP is doing fine so you can simply add the inline upgrade. To do so you would just order this kit.

Option 1 Kit + Ring tool for $190 + $10 shipping

It includes everything you need to complete the installation and the ring removal tool to access the LPFP assembly in the tank. This will be the most cost effective solution.

If you would prefer to replace the entire assembly with an E85 certified pump, then you could order a Stage 2 pump assembly, but those are sold out at this time Click here to enlarge and as I said, if your goal is 100% E85 either option is going to produce the same results on an otherwise stock fuel system.

So if it were me and I was on a budget, I would recommend doing the Stage 1 kit and getting a pro-tune with the money you saved. Click here to enlarge

If you're running a Cobb backend flash, you can contact PTF to get that done. If you're running a BB backend flash, you could contact Wedge1967.

Thanks,
    Steve

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Just sayin.....Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Just gotta clean em' up, assemble em', and all orders will ship in the next 24-36 hours Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SteveAZ Click here to enlarge
    Just sayin.....Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Just gotta clean em' up, assemble em', and all orders will ship in the next 24-36 hours Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I'm in for the 455! I'll be ready in July and will PM you then. Great work!
    BSM 2008 135i N54
    -VRSF 7" IC -VRSF DP's -n55 mids -BERK race -ER CP -TIAL BOV -BMS DCI -JB4 G5 ISO -ST coils -STOPTECH slotted rotors & pads -SLeK lip

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wescuddles Click here to enlarge
    I'm in for the 455! I'll be ready in July and will PM you then. Great work!
    Click here to enlarge

Okay, all orders have shipped and everybody should have gotten a tracking number.
    Click here to enlarge

A couple things...I flow tested each of these prior to shipment. They all flowed between 1.15 and 1.2 GPM on my test rig. As a comparison, a new stock lpfp flows about .6 GPM and have had a couple as high as .7 GPM at 72psi and 13.5 volts. The used pumps I've gotten back have flowed from .4 to .55 GPM.

I also have an extra Stage 2, Option 1 slot available. Wanted to make sure I had extras in case I needed them but they are available now that all orders have been filled. I am out of the new option 2 buckets and they are on back order for the time being. If anybody wants to do option 3, those are open now as well.

Thanks all!
    Last edited by SteveAZ; 05-22-2014 at 02:50 PM. Reason: Edited number available.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Just want to say @SteveAZ offers great service. Thanks man.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge

Okay, all orders have shipped and everybody should have gotten a tracking number.
    Click here to enlarge

A couple things...I flow tested each of these prior to shipment. They all flowed between 1.15 and 1.2 GPM on my test rig. As a comparison, a new stock lpfp flows about .6 GPM and have had a couple as high as .7 GPM at 72psi and 13.5 volts. The used pumps I've gotten back have flowed from .4 to .55 GPM.

I also have an extra Stage 2, Option 1 slot available. Wanted to make sure I had extras in case I needed them but they are available now that all orders have been filled. I am out of the new option 2 buckets and they are on back order for the time being. If anybody wants to do option 3, those are open now as well.

Thanks all!

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge

Thanks all!
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Steve, you should get with VTT as a vendor of the Dual HPFP and sell a package.
    Click here to enlarge
    Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 1200+ Members Strong!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/n5xenthusiasts/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

I am fully committed to supporting Tony and his customers and we "talk" regularily. Click here to enlarge Both of us have made providing you all with quality solutions that are PNP and meet your needs our top priority. So while I can't speak for Tony...I can assure you that I will do what I can to simplify the process for you all. I'm sure Tony will as well. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

I am fully committed to supporting Tony and his customers and we "talk" regularily. Click here to enlarge Both of us have made providing you all with quality solutions that are PNP and meet your needs our top priority. So while I can't speak for Tony...I can assure you that I will do what I can to simplify the process for you all. I'm sure Tony will as well. Click here to enlarge
    Sounds like a one stop shop to me!
    Click here to enlarge
    Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 1200+ Members Strong!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/n5xenthusiasts/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Really excited, USPS just dropped it off! So far the pump looks really good, install was easy, pressure doesn't seem to dip as low, and trims don't peak as high. Can't wait to report back after some miles and WOT logs. Thanks Steve.

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Great....congrats on getting your install done! Click here to enlarge

Just to clarify...

With this pump, you may see slightly lower pressures than you would with a 255 inline setup as the 450 is a high flow pump, not a high pressure pump. The 255 inline, is capable of extremely high pressures (160psi), especially when running in the inline configuration we use. However, while the inline setup runs higher pressures, it's flows max out at about .9 GPM on my bench. Still plenty to max out the HPFP but the flows aren't as high as the 450 will run. As previously mentioned at 72 psi, the 450 flows between 1.15 and 1.2 GPM on my bench but the 450 pump has an internal pressure relief valve that is between 80-90psi at the pump...not the LPFP sensor.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just got out for a couple runs, 455 is way stronger than my oem was on 93 so far. Oem was consistently low-mid 50s with dips as low as 46. Steves bucket so far holds mid 70s with some single datapoint drops to 61 and 58. This is just a couple preliminary runs until I can run down to Boston for some e85 this week. Thanks

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

^WOW! Is that a bucket you're sending in? I want to flow test that one!

To all: Stage 2 is now back open. Current stock and availability has been updated in the first post but a quick breakdown:

Option 1: 3 ready to ship
    Option 2: 8 new assemblies on order but won't arrive for a week or so.
    Option 3: Open

Thanks,
    Steve
    Last edited by SteveAZ; 05-26-2014 at 11:09 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I can send it in if you want, was just going in the trash eventually. Bucket is falling apart after a couple hasty diy 455 installs.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

do you have any prospective pricing on a twin 450 parallel setup? Click here to enlarge
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    do you have any prospective pricing on a twin 450 parallel setup? Click here to enlarge
    A bit early to commit to anything but this requires 4 custom made components and a fair number of modifications to make it as PNP as possible, DIY friendly, stock like, and to retain the venturi. I have to talk to my machine shop this week to get a better idea of where we stand on that and when I'll have a working proto type.

All that said, I'm targeting about $750..that could go up or down...we'll see after I talk to them Click here to enlarge

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast