Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

ECU ROMs same version but different bins (US/EU)

Hello

I'm having a look with tuner pro at different bins and noticed that for the same version (I8AOS for me) nearly all the stock bins uploaded have differences - from a 400 bytes to a whopping 36kb with a friend's EU I8AOS bin.
    I expected some differences like EU/US emission constraints but not that much.

Can someone account for these differences? I'm wondering if it's safe to use a US baked bin or if I would better apply delta diffs between stock and a tuned bin (like V8Bait's) to my own EU Bin.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Bump

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    From my understanding, if the versions are identical it should be ok but it is always preferable to apply changes to your own bin. If you have a different version but same ecu I am still curious to see if different versions play nice with each other. My previous tune used if80s as a base and then was updated to ije0s and seemed ok. Curious to hear input on this

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Don't have a clue at a guess would be average ambient temps or emission based reasons possibly fuel related. But id also be interested in knowing the differences
    Mods: Cobb v3, Aquamist hfs-4, BMS DCI, AR Design DP's, ETS FMIC, ETS Charge Pipe, HKS SSQV BOV, BMS CDV, BMS OCC, BMS Clutch Stop & ptf twin disc clutch.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    From what I have heard, yes there is a warm/cold climate difference and emissions regulations are different. Apparently several well known tuners use euro software as the base for theirs due to more aggressive settings right off the bat, and just tweak to suit