Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

R&R about my current annoyance with BMW NA

I brought my vehicle into delete a dsc malfunction light and enable my adaptive cruise again.. Installed performace steering wheel and car lit up like a Christmas Tree in October. While in shop I requested the dealer to enable my comfort access. a few days later I am told that neither my spare or my original key are compatible with comfort access.. So they will need to order one specific for my car, I agreed. My SA expressed that it would be ready in two-three days and BMW would over night the key. I understand yesterday was Halloween/Sunday so I figured give them another day. Its now on its fifth day, I called to find out the progress and learned the key still hasn't come in let alone BMW programing it. I have never had my car in for this long..

Does anyone know if only certain keys are compatible with comfort access, is BMW making me buy another key for shints-and-giggles?
    Anyone want to guess how many miles they are going to put on my car?
    ..If they put over 50 I will ask for a discount on my bill. There really is no reason for it right?Click here to enlarge
    any one think differently? I think I am just getting too emotional about it but I WANT MY CAR! lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

your correct in everything. and yes, its a different key for the CA. and it costs like $240

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Luckily warranty is helping and it will only cost a bill. Still upset over night-ing a key takes 3+ days. wtf does overnight mean to these people?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dOpEdUpM3 Click here to enlarge
    Luckily warranty is helping and it will only cost a bill. Still upset over night-ing a key takes 3+ days. wtf does overnight mean to these people?
    Just marketing buzz words. I once tried to use their "next day" shipping only to find out next day meant 3 days when weekends were involved.