Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

325ci muffler delete?

should i do this? How much do these usually cost? and does anyone know of a good shop to do it in SoCal?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Why would you want to? It would just be really loud, why not consider an exhaust?

Basically any muffler shop can do it.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    just take out our resonator. not the muffller.. but if you want heres a good shop that will do a res delete for like 40 bucks. good welder nice rep.

supertuning performance- koko his name. on oxnard between kester n sepulveda.
    or
    reseda mufflers- zee is the guys name 7444 reseda blvd unit C. < he did my r32 rear exhaust tips and Y pipe.

both guys i recomend.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    just take out our resonator. not the muffller.. but if you want heres a good shop that will do a res delete for like 40 bucks. good welder nice rep.

supertuning performance- koko his name. on oxnard between kester n sepulveda.
    or
    reseda mufflers- zee is the guys name 7444 reseda blvd unit C. < he did my r32 rear exhaust tips and Y pipe.

both guys i recomend.
    thanks man, i'll look into it!

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Why would you want to? It would just be really loud, why not consider an exhaust?

Basically any muffler shop can do it.
    well atm i dont have the funds to get an exhaust :/ and muffler/resonator delete would be much cheaper too
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Yukohama Click here to enlarge
    and muffler/resonator delete would be much cheaper too
    Yes, it would be much cheaper but it would also create a problem when the need arises for a stock setup.

Deleting the muffler will just make it LOUD without any controlled sort of sound. I mean, hey, do what you want but cutting a muffler rarely produces anything worthwhile other than just loud noise.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I agree with the above, Cutting the muffler I think would be a mistake, but to each their own. Have you looked into a used exhaust system? It will be more costly then someone cutting your pipes BUT it still leaves you the option to go back to stock and will save you money on a brand new exhaust. I personally always keep my stock exhaust, ya never know when you might need it lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ThePoleto Click here to enlarge
    I agree with the above, Cutting the muffler I think would be a mistake, but to each their own. Have you looked into a used exhaust system? It will be more costly then someone cutting your pipes BUT it still leaves you the option to go back to stock and will save you money on a brand new exhaust. I personally always keep my stock exhaust, ya never know when you might need it lol
    I don't know why it wasn't mentioned, used exhaust system is a great suggestion.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    hmmm wow ya i shoulda thought of that. idk how muffler delete sounds like IRL, but it must sound like ass eh? i'll probably look into the classifieds on e46forums for some exhausts then. would it be worth it to get a zhp muffler though? my friends zhp is alot louder than my car and i was under the impression it was just a different muffler for the zhp?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I dont know much about the ZHP system, but for the most part all exhausts have the same theory. If your looking for just the sound a muffler or axel back will do the job. Wont feel much if any performance gains. If your looking to make power I would look into a full system, for example something that starts at the cat, or for more performance starting at the header... If your looking at a used exhaust just remember to check for rust and to make sure the welds are still intact.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ThePoleto Click here to enlarge
    If your looking to make power I would look into a full system, for example something that starts at the cat, or for more performance starting at the header
    Seconded but I don't think he is doing this for power.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    mainly for sound, because there isnt much power to be extracted from the M54 without resorting to FI x.x
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Yukohama Click here to enlarge
    mainly for sound, because there isnt much power to be extracted from the M54 without resorting to FI x.x
    Get a used exhaust, do it right.

A nice tune and intake will give you a little bit if you don't want to go FI. There is a bit of room in the M54 NA, not much, but some.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Get a used exhaust, do it right.

A nice tune and intake will give you a little bit if you don't want to go FI. There is a bit of room in the M54 NA, not much, but some.
    if anything definitely used exhaust. might just save for a newer BMW
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    At first i removed my center resonator with a X pipe and that improved the sound a little bit. But I was after something louder. I then installed mufflers from the X5 4.6is and that improved the sound a little more but I wanted something louder. One of my cats needed to be replaced so I ended up installing stainless racing headers and deleted my cats. The headers cost $125.00. That made all the difference in the world. Then my exhaust was too loud so I put a manga flow center resonator back in and now it's perfect. I threw out my oem resonator thinking I would never need it again. I also picking up some HP installing the headers. I forgot to mention this is on my M54 X5.
    Last edited by WallyX5; 11-27-2010 at 12:35 AM.