Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2111 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SpeedLimit? Click here to enlarge
    I know you're not racist but starting treads like this does nothing more than stirs the pot bro.
    Well who the hell is going to stand up say enough already? We're ending careers over mumbling nursery rhymes? WTF?

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Well who the hell is going to stand up say enough already? We're ending careers over mumbling nursery rhymes? WTF?
    I'm not defending anything...the way you started this thread came off as another "Blacks being over sensitive" thing when the story was started by a white publication. Do you see Al Sharpton holding rallies to get the man fired? No! It's white publicists who could have some kind of personal issue with Clarkson for all we know trying to get him in trouble. Don't fan any flames on black people unfairly is all im saying.

Click here to enlarge

/
    //A L E X A N D R E 1983 Photography///ALX1983.COM

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2111 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm not defending anything...the way you started this thread came off as another "Blacks being over sensitive" thing when the story was started by a white publication. Do you see Al Sharpton holding rallies to get the man fired? No! It's white publicists who could have some kind of personal issue with Clarkson for all we know trying to get him in trouble. Don't fan any flames on black people unfairly is all im saying.
    I'm not saying any particular racial group is being overly sensitive I'm saying there is a major problem the media and the way they specifically attack white. Is it liberal media? I don't really know but I'm getting sick of the being guilty for being a white male thing.

Al Sharpton would have to go to the UK. Who is going to get him and his 'group' first class tickets?

Once again, this isn't about black people fanning flames I have no idea of the racial makeup of the mirror. It could be 100% black, 100% white, or 100% Indian for all I know. I have a problem with what the publication is doing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm not saying any particular racial group is being overly sensitive I'm saying there is a major problem the media and the way they specifically attack white. Is it liberal media? I don't really know but I'm getting sick of the being guilty for being a white male thing.

Al Sharpton would have to go to the UK. Who is going to get him and his 'group' first class tickets?

Once again, this isn't about black people fanning flames I have no idea of the racial makeup of the mirror. It could be 100% black, 100% white, or 100% Indian for all I know. I have a problem with what the publication is doing.
    I've been sick of getting the being guilty for being a black male thing and if you read the comments after your initial post the finger was quickly pointed at black people since the story is over the use of the N-word...

Click here to enlarge

/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2111 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I've been sick of getting the being guilty for being a black male thing and if you read the comments after your initial post the finger was quickly pointed at black people since the story is over the use of the N-word...
    I don't think I specifically stated any color at all looking it over. I said it's racist by default if only one color can say a word which by definition it is since whether something is correct or not is being based on race.

I'm pointing my finger at double standards not at black males?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Damn there's some prejudice ignorant mofo's on this site...I'm black and didn't pay attention to the story once I heard the people who broke it are the UK's equivalent of the US inquirer. All you people making ignorant comments about what if a black man said this or that sound stupid as $h!t. Instead of getting racially defensive see the situation for what it really is...which is an attack on a public figure REGARDLESS of race because that means RATINGS. The last thing I do is look for racism, that's something that finds me when I'm driving my bmw and get pulled over for ambiguous reasons or I walk into an establishment just to be treated differently. @Sticky, I know you're not racist but starting treads like this does nothing more than stirs the pot bro.
    Well that won't help man...

Listen there is no excuse for the $#@! you mention and I know it goes down all the time.

But not talking about it is not the answer in my opinion. Nothing will change...the music will go on.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    1) the media pereruates hate
    2) modern(american?) society is over sensitive

People need to stand up and say fck you to the media. This sht is getting old.

also the double standard and the way most black people react to a white person saying the n word is only hurting other black people. Whites arent affected by saying cracker because who gives a sht. Its just a word. People give meaning to words, but i guess thats another issue.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M5 253 Click here to enlarge

also the double standard and the way most black people react to a white person saying the n word is only hurting other black people. Whites arent affected by saying cracker because who gives a sht. Its just a word. People give meaning to words, but i guess thats another issue.
    I like this post.

The media in this country is one thing and one thing only - a business of entertainment. They want ratings...they don't actually care about reporting the news objectively. Sure there are pockets of people and groups that try to do their best, but when it comes down to dollars, transparency takes a back seat.

I like to look at the world news occasionally on CNN, MSNBC, FOX...then go to the BBC and other European news outlets. A lot of times you can't even tell it's the same day.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Legionofboom Click here to enlarge
    lol pathetic.

Boston fans on the other hand can post on twitter saying $#@!s and the public doesn't bat en eye.

Its only important if its a rich white man.
    Media, blacks and liberals only really.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    I bet if a black guy said 'white boy' or 'cracker' on TV, nothing would happen.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alex@ABRhouston Click here to enlarge
    yes, they are called Quanell X, Jesse Jackson, Al sharpton, and the black panthers. It's their job, and how they put money in the bank.

None of this sounds a tad racially charged? With blacks on the receiving end? A black person didn't even break the story but this conversation quickly turned into "Let's vent our frustrations with blk people!" session. Be truly subjective and tell me these comments aren't ignorant and insensitive...

Click here to enlarge

/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M5 253 Click here to enlarge

This is extremely ignorant to say...are you really trying to put cracker on the same level as the N word? If that's the case you truly know nothing about being black. Furthermore, this double standard nonsense really has to stop...why is it so hard not to use a word if you have an entire group of people saying it bothers them? There isn't a nickname that only friends and family refer to you as which would bother you if a stranger or acquaintance used? Be subjective when you respond to that.

Click here to enlarge

/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    None of this sounds a tad racially charged? With blacks on the receiving end? A black person didn't even break the story but this conversation quickly turned into "Let's vent our frustrations with blk people!" session. Be truly subjective and tell me these comments aren't ignorant and insensitive...
    Ok lets correct the facts, blacks are not on the receiving end, If it's really an issue in the black community, they would't call themselves $#@!s. It only becomes important when a white man says the exact same thing. When its broth's saying it, it's 100% okay, actually its more than okay, its encouraged in songs, friends and family as well as not reprimanded by media or any other race.

But WOAH, white man says it and he's a biggot, racist and should loose his company, job, life savings, and be put in jail. That in itself is racism.

This is extremely ignorant to say...are you really trying to put cracker on the same level as the N word? If that's the case you truly know nothing about being black. Furthermore, this double standard nonsense really has to stop...why is it so hard not to use a word if you have an entire group of people saying it bothers them? There isn't a nickname that only friends and family refer to you as which would bother you if a stranger or acquaintance used? Be subjective when you respond to that.
    White boy, Cracker, black, african american (which some blacks don't like because they're not americans), $#@!, Spic, rice ball, etc etc mean nothing, they're words to describe a color. The only thing that matters is how its received. (notice how only one of those is blacked out, interesting don't you think?)

When a black guy calls another black guy, my $#@!, its doesn't affect them, because they see no threat in it, but as soon as its someone that the community isn't accepting (whites) all the sudden its received differently because ??!??!?? (they can't explain this)

The entire group doesn't say it bothers them, if it did, they would be stopping the word from being used among themselves first, not telling everyone else to stop, while we continue to use it in everything we do. Lead by example, not by command.

And to answer your last question, no my friends and family call me by my name, because we are civilized and don't refer to each other with pejorative slang that is "only okay" when used by xx person but not anyone else. Because thats called being a $#@!ing hypocrite, and blacks are very very good at doing this.

Leave you with this. 75,000,000 views and nobody seems to be offended

PS. If the black community wanted to have the respect of the rest of society, they need to fi themselves from within, stop stealing $#@!, keep your community clean, don't $#@!ing shoot each other, stop slanging' drugs because you don't want to work minimum wage, stop being the problem and society will stop looking at you like you're the problem, They create the issues than complain that the issue are prevalent when they choose they want to fix them.
    Last edited by Legionofboom; 05-10-2014 at 01:00 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ok lets correct the facts, blacks are not on the receiving end, If it's really an issue in the black community, they would't call themselves $#@!s. It only becomes important when a white man says the exact same thing. When its broth's saying it, it's 100% okay, actually its more than okay, its encouraged in songs, friends and family as well as not reprimanded by media or any other race.

But WOAH, white man says it and he's a biggot, racist and should loose his company, job, life savings, and be put in jail. That in itself is racism.

White boy, Cracker, black, african american (which some blacks don't like because they're not americans), $#@!, Spic, rice ball, etc etc mean nothing, they're words to describe a color. The only thing that matters is how its received. (notice how only one of those is blacked out, interesting don't you think?)

When a black guy calls another black guy, my $#@!, its doesn't affect them, because they see no threat in it, but as soon as its someone that the community isn't accepting (whites) all the sudden its received differently because ??!??!?? (they can't explain this)

The entire group doesn't say it bothers them, if it did, they would be stopping the word from being used among themselves first, not telling everyone else to stop, while we continue to use it in everything we do. Lead by example, not by command.

And to answer your last question, no my friends and family call me by my name, because we are civilized and don't refer to each other with pejorative slang that is "only okay" when used by xx person but not anyone else. Because thats called being a $#@!ing hypocrite, and blacks are very very good at doing this.

Leave you with this. 75,000,000 views and nobody seems to be offended

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSrTnWDTdwI

PS. If the black community wanted to have the respect of the rest of society, they need to fi themselves from within, stop stealing $#@!, keep your community clean, don't $#@!ing shoot each other, stop slanging' drugs because you don't want to work minimum wage, stop being the problem and society will stop looking at you like you're the problem, They create the issues than complain that the issue are prevalent when they choose they want to fix them.
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge
    - Proven Power Tampa built 6466 ST -
    - N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq-
    -N54 WR 1/4mile trap: 133.57mph- -

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ak335i Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2111 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I don't see it that way but perhaps since you are black you are taking it personally. Regardless, membership here is not contingent on race. I can't say that about every country club in the world. Or even every nightclub or every place for that matter.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

We Cannot Blame the White People any Longer

By Dr. William Henry 'Bill' Cosby, Jr., Ed.D.

They're standing on the corner and they can't speak English.

I can't even talk the way these people talk:

"Why you ain't,
    Where you is,
    What he drive,
    Where he stay,
    Where he work,
    Who you be...".
    And I blamed the kid until I heard the mother talk.

And then I heard the father talk.

Everybody knows it's important to speak English except these knuckleheads. You can't be a doctor with that kind of crap coming out of your mouth.

In fact you will never get any kind of job making a decent living.

People marched and were hit in the face with rocks to get an Education, and now we've got these knuckleheads walking around.

The lower economic people are not holding up their end in this deal.

These people are not parenting. They are buying things for kids.

$500 sneakers for what?

And they won't spend $200 for "Hooked on Phonics."

I am talking about these people who cry when their son is standing there in an orange suit.

Where were you when he was 2?

Where were you when he was 12?

Where were you when he was 18, and how come you didn't know that he had a pistol?

And where is the father? Or who is his father?

People putting their clothes on backward. Isn't that a sign of something gone wrong?

People with their hats on backward, pants down around the crack, isn't that a sign of something?

Isn't it a sign of something when she has her dress all the way up and got all type of needles (piercings) going through her body?

What part of Africa did this come from?

We are not Africans. Those people are not Africans; they don't know a thing about Africa.

I say this all of the time it would be like white people saying they are European-American that is totally stupid.

I was born here, and so were my parents and grand parents and, very likely my great grandparents. I don't have any connection to Africa, no more than white Americans have to Germany, Scotland, England, Ireland, or the Netherlands.

The same applies to 99 percent of all the black Americans as regards to Africa so stop, already!

With names like Shaniqua, Taliqua and Mohammed and all of that crap...and all of them are in jail.

Brown or black versus the Board of Education is no longer the white person's problem.

We have got to take the neighborhood back.

People used to be ashamed.

Today a woman has eight children with eight different 'husbands' or men or whatever you call them now.

We have millionaire football players who cannot read.

We have million-dollar basketball players who can't write two paragraphs. We, as black folks, have to do a better job.

Someone working at Wal-Mart with seven kids, you are hurting us.

We have to start holding each other to a higher standard....
    by Bill Cosby himself.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Here is the issue, call me racist.

vs

and the mothers reaction

@Sticky The $#@!ing website isn't working!!! nvm I got it embedded.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2111 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Here is the issue, call me racist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BoKJ0Kq-1Y#t=24"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BoKJ0Kq-1Y

vs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zq5HyCm_7b0

and the mothers reaction

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WD4vzZtkN8
    @Sticky The $#@!ing website isn't working!!! nvm I got it embedded.
    I don't think we need to do this but I'm amazed a mother can defend someone speaking like that in front of her toddler. She says she's a good mother?

Child protective services clearly didn't think she was.

Regardless, this has nothing to do with media double standards, what you showed is something internal. I think that kind of language and behavior is probably common with her family and the area she lives in. I think it's wrong.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I don't think we need to do this but I'm amazed a mother can defend someone speaking like that in front of her toddler. She says she's a good mother?

Child protective services clearly didn't.

Regardless, this has nothing to do with media double standards that is something internal. I think that kind of language and behavior is probably common with her family and the area she lives in.
    This is the problem, people don't think we need to do this, white people are not saying what the hell is going on? Black people are defending the use and encouraging the use of profanity.

Every issue like this starts at home, when they're young.

Absolutely it has to do with the media, they will show what they want, they will hide what they want, but if they put this on, they would be labeled a racist tv channel and the entire staff would be fired, but this is what is going on, this is what needs to be stopped and changed and it will take DECADES to change, only after it starts and it starts in the home.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2111 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I agree with the part that the media paints a rosy picture of certain groups that is not realistic.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You can't use logic with ignorance...smh

Click here to enlarge

/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You can't use logic with ignorance...smh
    don't fret buddy at least you don't get labeled a terrorist on sight by scared white people
    '08 535xi - fbo

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    My take is as follows

1. Clarkson has a "history" over in the UK with using inappropriate wording when referencing other cultures. Bear in mind he does this consistently. Throw in his success and his thumbing his nose at "The Establishment" and that makes him a target. Did he use the "N" word, I dont think he did but frankly its hard to call either way IMO.

2. The concept that all black men or women use or condone the word is a blanket statement. All black men/women do not use the word, there is a small subset of the culture that uses this word. I personally find it offensive and do not use the word. Moreover there again is an assumption that using that word within the community is acceptable or normal. Its not, I wont tolerate the use of the word as a reference to me from anyone within or outside my community.

3. While I do not condone the use of the word. I also recognize that for "some" (Please note the use of the word some. As in not all) For some its the re-assimilation of a stereotype or an attempt to make it a term of endearment. Again I dont see it the same way but to each their own. To wit its use rampantly in Hip Hop music and to a far lesser degree R&B music.

4. Bearing in mind points 2 & 3. The use of the word by someone outside of the culture still becomes an issue. The intent of the word is the issue in my view not so much the word. Typically when used by someone outside the culture towards someone within the culture its ill intended.

5. The "White" (Meaning anyone who isnt black, stay with me here) community has embraced hip hop culture and the word. I cant how many times I've watched people who are White, Latino, Asian, Indian and so on use the N word amongst themselves. I cant count how many times I pull to a light to catch a white person listening to rap music and saying the N word as used in the song. Only to see them turn down the radio or stop singing LOL. To me thats a clear sign that person is not comfortable with the word or at least not in front of someone within the culture. The word isnt bleeped on national TV or in Music. Its become oddly accepted IMO. To me the word is over used, misaligned and a double edged sword. As one person pointed out, it just shouldnt be used at all.

I can look at any culture and find people with prejudice, ignorance, laziness, thieves, rich members, poor members, geniuses and more. To stereotype any culture is small minded and completely without context. Stupid knows no bounds when it comes to race or gender. Nor does prejudice or hatred... Clarkson is a blunt instrument with a history and as such people dont forget it and take every shot they can at him in the UK. He is the UK version of a Chris Brown or Lindsay Lohan from the standpoint that every misstep will be public fodder and mulled over ad nauseam.

The bottom line is simple to me. I judge people not on their skin color but their actions and behavior.
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2111 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    1. Clarkson has a "history" over in the UK with using inappropriate wording when referencing other cultures. Bear in mind he does this consistently. Throw in his success and his thumbing his nose at "The Establishment" and that makes him a target. Did he use the "N" word, I dont think he did but frankly its hard to call either way IMO.
    He does but as entertainment and in a jovial manner. His job is essentially entertainment. There is a big difference between saying the word and the context in which it is used. Does the nursery rhyme use the word? Yes. Does that really matter if someone recites it as it is something someone else wrote? Especially considering it is not directed at a person?

2. The concept that all black men or women use or condone the word is a blanket statement. All black men/women do not use the word, there is a small subset of the culture that uses this word. I personally find it offensive and do not use the word. Moreover there again is an assumption that using that word within the community is acceptable or normal. Its not, I wont tolerate the use of the word as a reference to me from anyone within or outside my community.
    Not even going to bother with this as Jay Z $#@!s in Paris just came on Pandora.

3. While I do not condone the use of the word. I also recognize that for "some" (Please note the use of the word some. As in not all) For some its the re-assimilation of a stereotype or an attempt to make it a term of endearment. Again I dont see it the same way but to each their own. To wit its use rampantly in Hip Hop music and to a far lesser degree R&B music.
    Context. Context. Context.

4. Bearing in mind points 2 & 3. The use of the word by someone outside of the culture still becomes an issue. The intent of the word is the issue in my view not so much the word. Typically when used by someone outside the culture towards someone within the culture its ill intended.
    What outside culture? Do you mean race? Or do you mean culture? Because I'm pretty sure a native South African is a different culture yet I think nobody would have a problem with a native South African using said word based on race.

5. The "White" (Meaning anyone who isnt black, stay with me here) community has embraced hip hop culture and the word. I cant how many times I've watched people who are White, Latino, Asian, Indian and so on use the N word amongst themselves. I cant count how many times I pull to a light to catch a white person listening to rap music and saying the N word as used in the song. Only to see them turn down the radio or stop singing LOL. To me thats a clear sign that person is not comfortable with the word or at least not in front of someone within the culture. The word isnt bleeped on national TV or in Music. Its become oddly accepted IMO. To me the word is over used, misaligned and a double edged sword. As one person pointed out, it just shouldnt be used at all.
    I think everyone uses it and I think how you say it and how you are using it should be what is important not just the utterance.

I can look at any culture and find people with prejudice, ignorance, laziness, thieves, rich members, poor members, geniuses and more. To stereotype any culture is small minded and completely without context. Stupid knows no bounds when it comes to race or gender. Nor does prejudice or hatred... Clarkson is a blunt instrument with a history and as such people dont forget it and take every shot they can at him in the UK. He is the UK version of a Chris Brown or Lindsay Lohan from the standpoint that every misstep will be public fodder and mulled over ad nauseam.

The bottom line is simple to me. I judge people not on their skin color but their actions and behavior.
    I judge people on their whp.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rawad1017 Click here to enlarge
    don't fret buddy at least you don't get labeled a terrorist on sight by scared white people
    LOL.

Not really funny though...for you.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by singletrack Click here to enlarge
    LOL.

Not really funny though...for you.
    no it's actually pretty funny
    '08 535xi - fbo

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast