Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 94
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    1,078
    Rep Points
    904.6
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    the world's greatest grocery getter? love the x1
    '08 535xi - fbo

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    89
    Rep Points
    87.0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Would it be possible to post more pictures with your 17's? I wish we had a track here.

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    140
    Rep Points
    414.8
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5



    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    The video will take a little to upload, but a few pics:
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    N55 AWD World Record: X1 35i 11.930@116mph

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,904
    Rep Points
    31,882.8
    Mentioned
    2093 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by paradoxical3 Click here to enlarge
    Let me help:




    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    140
    Rep Points
    414.8
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5



    Yes Reputation No


    This is my best lap, 1:58. I think I am nearly at the limit of stock suspension and brakes, a better driver can probably pull a couple more seconds out of this.

    I am extremely happy with the performance considering how much room for improvement there is. With my incoming suspension and perhaps brakes, this will be a 1:43-1:44 second car, which is stupid for a SUV.
    N55 AWD World Record: X1 35i 11.930@116mph

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    89
    Rep Points
    87.0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Hm.. those 17's look pretty good on the car. I Like the stance. Might even consider it as a daily setup.

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    140
    Rep Points
    414.8
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5



    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Small update:

    The car should be done with the suspension install on Monday or tuesday.

    I have added the M3 rear sway bar, M3 rear subframe bushings, and have added corner balancing onto the to-do list.

    This should be an incredibly complete car once the modifications are finished.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    N55 AWD World Record: X1 35i 11.930@116mph

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Yankee Stadium
    Posts
    4
    Rep Points
    10.4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Just joined and came across this thread and I am in love! Any update with more pictures?

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    140
    Rep Points
    414.8
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5



    4 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Yes, the suspension is finally installed. Ran into an issue where JRZ didn't include a part that delayed installation, but we got it done. Also had an issue where the stock end-links are too long for the M3 rear swaybar; turns out that Subaru STI endlinks fit perfectly and are shorter so we used those instead. They are also made out of metal vs. the stock plastic ones, which is nice. Rear installation for the subframe bushings and sway is a pain on this car, plan on paying a hefty amount for labor - but it makes a very big difference.

    My company sponsored Rally North America and the 4200 mile road trip (and hitting 3 tracks) gave me the perfect opportunity to get to know the suspension setup better.

    In short, it is pretty remarkable. We settled on an alignment running -2.9 camber in the front and just a bit less in the back, with a touch of toe out in the front. The JRZ dampers are incredible - damping motions happen so quickly that even running the suspension pretty firm (17 out of 24) it is more comfortable than the stock suspension was. The stock suspension had a tendency to crash over bumps - the JRZ just gets them over with in one extremely fast damping motion, and the car does not bounce or sway afterwards.

    I did not slam the car height-wise, I settled on a more functional and ideal height from a performance and alignment perspective. I found that 14 clicks front and 15 clicks rear is ideal on the street, where as I like 17 all around on the track.

    As it stands now, I think the car is nearly done. Here is a complete mod list:

    JB4 Tune, Map 7 with flexfuel wires
    BMS Catless Downpipe
    BMS Intake
    JRZ RS1 Suspension
    M3 Rear Subframe Bushings
    M3 e93 Rear Sway Bar
    Performance Friction PFC08 brake pads
    Subaru STI endlinks
    Evolution Racewerks chargepipe
    NGK plugs gapped to .022
    Alpina B3 Transmission Flash
    Evolution Racewerks Intercooler
    BMW Performance aluminum pedal set
    Laser Interceptor police LIDAR jammers
    Valentine 1 hardwired detector
    Escort Redline hardwired detector with Escort LIVE
    Wilson Sleek 4g hardwired cell phone amplifier

    Street wheels:
    Rennsport 19 inch wheels, 9.5" ET35 (10mm front spacer, 5mm rear)
    265/35/19 Michelin PSS square setup

    Track Wheels:
    Apex Arc-8 17x 9.5
    255/40/17 Dunlop Direzza Zii

    The car has been to Mid-Ohio, Pueblo Motorsports Park, Summit Point, and Pike's Peak. It has road tripped 4200 consecutive miles during which it out-dragged an Audi R8 and Matt Farah driving a SRT8, ran on 91, 93, and e85 gas, and placed 4th out of 80 in Rally North America, while carrying us in complete comfort and relative luxury. This suspension really was the last piece of the puzzle - I can't think of another car (even modified) that can serve so many purposes so well.

    Click here to enlarge


    Click here to enlarge


    Click here to enlarge


    Click here to enlarge


    Click here to enlarge


    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeupload image free
    N55 AWD World Record: X1 35i 11.930@116mph

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,904
    Rep Points
    31,882.8
    Mentioned
    2093 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    How's the ride quality now?

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    140
    Rep Points
    414.8
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5



    Yes Reputation No
    More comfortable than the stock M-sport suspension. It does not crash over bumps, but rather dampens them immediately and quickly. Rebound is effortless and instantaneous, rather than feeling reactionary forces upsetting the car's balance.
    N55 AWD World Record: X1 35i 11.930@116mph

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    1,078
    Rep Points
    904.6
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    and who says you can't get a modern day BMW to fill the same purpose they were originally intended to fill all those years ago
    '08 535xi - fbo

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    140
    Rep Points
    414.8
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5



    Yes Reputation No
    I just decided I am going with the Pure Turbo N55 Stage 1 upgrade. WTF is wrong with me. I just want an X1 that runs mid-high 11's LOL.
    N55 AWD World Record: X1 35i 11.930@116mph

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    89
    Rep Points
    87.0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    When do you get the turbo? The stage1 is just the compressor wheel replacement right? Eta on install? Exciting stuff once again in your build!

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,904
    Rep Points
    31,882.8
    Mentioned
    2093 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by paradoxical3 Click here to enlarge
    I just decided I am going with the Pure Turbo N55 Stage 1 upgrade. WTF is wrong with me. I just want an X1 that runs mid-high 11's LOL.
    Why Pure Turbo?

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    140
    Rep Points
    414.8
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5



    Yes Reputation No
    Not sure on ETA because it's a group buy.

    I chose Pure Turbo for a few reasons:

    1. Pure Turbo and Vargas are the only two options, and frankly I do not trust Vargas based on how they interact with forum members and customers.
    2. My ECU is 2014 and not cobb or backend flash compatible, so the gains of the larger Vargas turbo would be largely wasted due to lack of tuning flexibility anyway
    3. It is $849 shipped with the group buy
    4. It has proven to make 425whp on e85, which is a damn good value for the money
    5. There is no super long wait time to get the turbo

    While it was tempting to wait for the big money stage 2 options, you have to remember what this car is built for - to be a killer all-around vehicle, including heavy road course use. 425whp is more than enough for the road course to chase down 991's and I prize the quick spooling profile. If you think about it, we are talking about a 3800lb wagon with nearly 500 crank horsepower! For $849 shipped it's a stupidly good deal.
    N55 AWD World Record: X1 35i 11.930@116mph

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    1,078
    Rep Points
    904.6
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by paradoxical3 Click here to enlarge
    While it was tempting to wait for the big money stage 2 options, you have to remember what this car is built for - to be a killer all-around vehicle, including heavy road course use. 425whp is more than enough for the road course to chase down 991's and I prize the quick spooling profile. If you think about it, we are talking about a 3800lb wagon with nearly 500 crank horsepower! For $849 shipped it's a stupidly good deal.
    i would think if you any more power in a platform like the X1 you'd have to do more suspension parts, strip some weight, etc. basically racecar. then it defeats the purpose. good choice you made there.
    '08 535xi - fbo

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,904
    Rep Points
    31,882.8
    Mentioned
    2093 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by paradoxical3 Click here to enlarge
    Not sure on ETA because it's a group buy.

    I chose Pure Turbo for a few reasons:

    1. Pure Turbo and Vargas are the only two options, and frankly I do not trust Vargas based on how they interact with forum members and customers.
    2. My ECU is 2014 and not cobb or backend flash compatible, so the gains of the larger Vargas turbo would be largely wasted due to lack of tuning flexibility anyway
    3. It is $849 shipped with the group buy
    4. It has proven to make 425whp on e85, which is a damn good value for the money
    5. There is no super long wait time to get the turbo

    While it was tempting to wait for the big money stage 2 options, you have to remember what this car is built for - to be a killer all-around vehicle, including heavy road course use. 425whp is more than enough for the road course to chase down 991's and I prize the quick spooling profile. If you think about it, we are talking about a 3800lb wagon with nearly 500 crank horsepower! For $849 shipped it's a stupidly good deal.
    I haven't seen anything from Pure Turbo how do you know their solution works?

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    140
    Rep Points
    414.8
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I haven't seen anything from Pure Turbo how do you know their solution works?
    There are a few dynos over on "the other forum" that show similar gains. But I will be doing my own before and after as well, and believe me, if it does not work everyone will know about it.
    N55 AWD World Record: X1 35i 11.930@116mph

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    140
    Rep Points
    414.8
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5



    Yes Reputation No
    Don't think I posted this before, here is a lap from Pueblo Motorsports park. It was my first time there and first time on track with the new suspension (and I was on my daily wheels, not my track wheel and tire setup), so I obviously didn't know the line or how the car would react that well. Despite that, I ran a 1:51, which is a decent time according to the locals. I obviously missed a few apexes, so the car has sub 1:50 in it even in this compromised setup for sure!

    N55 AWD World Record: X1 35i 11.930@116mph

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,904
    Rep Points
    31,882.8
    Mentioned
    2093 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by paradoxical3 Click here to enlarge
    There are a few dynos over on "the other forum" that show similar gains. But I will be doing my own before and after as well, and believe me, if it does not work everyone will know about it.
    Respect. Kindly create a new thread on the turbo upgrade when the time comes.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    140
    Rep Points
    414.8
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5



    3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I'm famous! Beat Matt Farah in a drag race. Told him my car did 12.1 in the quarter...I think he didn't believe me so called me out to race his SRT Jeep on film Click here to enlarge Watch from 10:00 to 11:40ish. Cool guy.

    Excuse the 12.6, was on 93 octane in 90 degree heat on street tires with about 200lbs of rally gear in the trunk. Was second fastest car out of 80 on the entire rally (some should have been faster but had $#@!ty drivers). I'm friends with the guy who has that 996 too..it's not really 750hp but it's fast as $#@!. Traps about 130 in ideal conditions but he just did a complete engine teardown after the rally to build the internals.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4abYHG6E1rM#t=655
    N55 AWD World Record: X1 35i 11.930@116mph

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,904
    Rep Points
    31,882.8
    Mentioned
    2093 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by paradoxical3 Click here to enlarge
    I'm famous! Beat Matt Farah in a drag race. Told him my car did 12.1 in the quarter...I think he didn't believe me so called me out to race his SRT Jeep on film Click here to enlarge Watch from 10:00 to 11:40ish. Cool guy.

    Excuse the 12.6, was on 93 octane in 90 degree heat on street tires with about 200lbs of rally gear in the trunk. Was second fastest car out of 80 on the entire rally (some should have been faster but had $#@!ty drivers). I'm friends with the guy who has that 996 too..it's not really 750hp but it's fast as $#@!. Traps about 130 in ideal conditions but he just did a complete engine teardown after the rally to build the internals.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4abYHG6E1rM#t=655
    Damn wish this was your vid and not his.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    140
    Rep Points
    414.8
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Damn wish this was your vid and not his.
    There should be more footage in part 2....they had a camera crew ride with us when I cut off a Sheriff in an unmarked F150 some podunk town and got boxed in and pulled over by 6+ police cars....we were running in 2nd place and I thought they were going to impound us on the spot. They pulled over EVERY car with stickers as we rolled in and shut the entire road down...lined 30+ grown men up on the curb and gave us a certified ass-chewing. The sheriff claimed that a statie had radioed ahead when we were 20 miles out and that we got into his town before he could even get to his driveway. Click here to enlarge

    Also had another time when I picked up radar about 3 miles out of town...also was showing on Escort Live. Was doing 45mph and got pulled over....officer claimed he got me at 92 in a 45. I said bull$#@!, show me the gun. "Okay, I guess I will give you a warning...we got a call about some stickered cars." Was happy to get that on film!

    On the flip-side, Zack from the smoking tire is a true car guy...he was utilizing the super-zoom on his camera to scout the road ahead for us for police Click here to enlarge
    N55 AWD World Record: X1 35i 11.930@116mph

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    939
    Rep Points
    -17.5
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Nice. I heard them talking about an X1 on The Smoking Tire podcast and thought it had to be this one.
    Sounds like a fun rally.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •