Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

New clutch, Some E85....Your Opinion?

http://datazap.me/u/witty4242/wit-re...7&mark=165-181

Hey guys just put 1000 miles on the new spec 3+ clutch, added 5 gallons of fuel that tested to e82 and was running my pump gas/meth flash. I may up the timing but want to see if you guys think I should add some fuel. LPFP looks healthy. Let me know your criticism/concerns. This was my second pull so you can see the avg ign. is still learning down and eventually settled at 0.2.

The Car-
    2010 135I
    jb4 G5 ISO, MAP 3 55 ADD
    DP's, DCI, CP/BOV
    approximately 36 percent ethanol content
    Two Boosted Bimmers....
    2010 135i- JB4, DCI, Meth, DP's, CP/Tial Q, CPE Exhaust
    1995 M3- AA Stg 1, Meth, 3.46 FD, Quaife LSD

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    AFR's look pretty good to me maybe rich them out a bit up top to hit 12.2, and it's a little lean right as meth starts flowing. I'd try to get them a bit more solid 13.2 or 13.5 AFR around 3k, heading to 12.2ish by 3500ish to redline if the fuel pumps are happy. Timing looks good for E30, but E30 and meth I'd add more especially if you richen it a bit, 2 degrees or so in most areas maybe more depending on your exact setup would probably be a good place to be. Looks clean though honestly you don't need any changes if you don't want them.

On a side note how do you like the stage 3? Can't decide stage 2 or 3. Ugh.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by V8Bait Click here to enlarge
    AFR's look pretty good to me maybe rich them out a bit up top to hit 12.2, and it's a little lean right as meth starts flowing. I'd try to get them a bit more solid 13.2 or 13.5 AFR around 3k, heading to 12.2ish by 3500ish to redline if the fuel pumps are happy. Timing looks good for E30, but E30 and meth I'd add more especially if you richen it a bit, 2 degrees or so in most areas maybe more depending on your exact setup would probably be a good place to be. Looks clean though honestly you don't need any changes if you don't want them.

Honestly, stage 2+ will do just about anything an N54 needs it to do right now and it's very street friendly.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by V8Bait Click here to enlarge

I was thinking the exact same thing. I do like this tune and think it is great for a dd on meth. I will richen it up a tad. I always tried to adjust timing before fuel but want to make sure it is not unnecessarily lean prior to making the timing more aggressive.
    The 3+ is awesome. I have 1000 city miles and about 1500 mixed and it has gotten so much better. I can slip it easily in traffic and it still grabs like nothing else. I have driven a 2+ and yes it feels easier but the 3+, once broken in properly, is not far off. Spec did a great job with this clutch.
    Two Boosted Bimmers....
    2010 135i- JB4, DCI, Meth, DP's, CP/Tial Q, CPE Exhaust
    1995 M3- AA Stg 1, Meth, 3.46 FD, Quaife LSD