Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Codes 2A94 and 3100 This Morning

I was cruising at about 50 in 4th gear this morning on my way to work when all of a sudden I get a reduced power warning. I check the code with my Cobb AP and 2A94 (Crankshaft sensor, signal missing) and 3100 popped up.

The car was stuck in gear and wouldn't change to D from M mode. I came to a light, cleared the code and the 2A94 went away but the 3100 remains. Car drove fine but I didn't try to get on it at all.

Any thoughts on what's causing these codes? First thing that comes to mind is the obvious which is a bad crankshaft sensor.
    Click here to enlarge
    PTF Tuned Cobb Stage 2+ | H&R / Koni Sport | BBS LM

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

3100 just means you had a limp, it will clear eventually if you do not have the limp again. As far as the other one, if it comes back you may have a CPS going bad.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    3100 just means you had a limp, it will clear eventually if you do not have the limp again. As far as the other one, if it comes back you may have a CPS going bad.
    Thanks Tony. Yeah the 3100 is the result of the 2A94. Anytime that I have cleared the 3100 code in the past, it went away but this time it didn't clear. I will fire the car up in a half hour to see if it went away while it sat for 4 hours.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Drove about 10 miles during lunch andI had no issues and the 3100 code was gone. Will check back in if it comes back.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

My car threw that code (the CPS one) when I ran out of gas once, of all things. Bizarre and never came back….IDK.

Sometimes I think this car just throws codes for fun. Picks ‘em out of a hat or something.
    E88 N54 Alpinweiss/Coral Red/Motiv HTA 3586r Tial .82AR/Motiv Port Fuel/BMR 3.5" Exhaust/ER CP/Synapse/VRSF FMIC/Rob Beck PCV Valve + Cap/ST Coilovers/M3 FCA + Tension Rods/M3 Subframe Bushings/M3 FSB/AA Strutbrace/DINAN Camber Plates/Apex ARC-8/Project Kics/VAC Hubs/Rogue Transmission Mounts/Alpina TCU Flash/Icarbon/Kerscher/BMW Performance
    F30 335 X-Drive EBII....Stock
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

I know what you're saying. I was at the track once and it threw a vanos code and it never came back. I'm hoping that's what happened here as well.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Codes came back last night. Tranny stuck in 3rd and won't upshift or downshift. It's at my indy today for M3 control arms, sways and to have this looked at. Will check in with results.
    Click here to enlarge