Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

5 out of 5 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

Switched from flash to piggyback and very pleased :)

Short description, last year I got my otherwise stock E92 335i flashed with a stage 1 (giac) flash. The change was great, the car became transformed, and I thought BMW are fools forcing people to pay for a Alpina B3 to get this version of the N54.

But lately I have been wanting more power, I started reading a lot on different sites and forums. When I found bimmerboost I got totally caught up, some threads are amazingly interesting, and it is also a scene for quite amount of drama.

Since I want to be able to play around with my tune, I decided to get a piggyback. I was really against the usage of piggys but reading on forums like this (in the beginning also on E90) and some Swedish BMW forums I changed my mind and decided to give it a try.

I started by emailing BMS and Vishnu, both gave me similar info, get the ECU back to stock and then install the JB3 or V4.

It is no secret but needs to be mentioned, the service level between those two companies are huge, it cannot be understated, Terry provides a level of customer service that remindes me of a 5-star London hotel I stayed at this summer.

I did decide to try the JB3 and also ordered DP and a FMIC from cp-e (from BMS), since I live in Sweden but with a brother in Seattle, I ended up needing things shipped asap. Terry managed to find stuff and get it all shipped in no-time. Worth mentioning is his unbelievable email responsiveness, without it I would not have gotten my stuff in time.

I ended up installing the DCI and DPs first so I had a few days with the flash and the mods. Last tuesday I got my ECU back to stock (thanks to turbocenter). The change back to stock was huge, my wife did summarize well "it is like the car is sad".

This friday I finally got time to install the JB3, and I have now been driving around on map 3 for a few days. The difference from the flash is more than noticiable, the car was little angry with the flash but is now getting more insane Click here to enlarge

I will install the FMIC this week and try map 7.

Main message from me is to choose a piggy over a flash, it is cheaper (well the JB3 is anyway) and gives more power even if you never touch it.

And my 5-cents when it comes to choosing between BMS and Vishnu, I think customer service is very important, this is one of the reasons I choosed a BMW in the first place. It seems to me with the G4 boards coming from Terry that Shiv needs to stop marketing himself and the V4 and get something new out there or he only has high price and his attitude problems to differentiate him from BMS.
    Last edited by xbox_fan; 10-31-2010 at 04:17 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Glad you are happy with your upgrade. You'll really like map 7
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    626 Post(s)

Very nice to hear! Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

sweet! have fun and be safe Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Current:
    2010 CTS-V Sedan

Previous:
    2007 e92 335i

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

No GIAC flash here..was going to do Dinan but my son talked me out of it LOL...... Stock engine mods except... JB3 Map5 running 93 Shell V-Power and just ordered BMS Drop In Filter.. CAR RUNS GREAT NO issues to date...just smiles and trying to remember to shift in time. before redline...If you do not have it already i would HIGHLY recommend the P3 Vent Boost Gauge...i really dig it!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Izaglo Click here to enlarge
    No GIAC flash here..was going to do Dinan but my son talked me out of it LOL
    Your son is wise, or spends too much time on forums Click here to enlarge
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale