Close

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M5 253 Click here to enlarge
    A response to the OP:

If some guy wants to make an all black league, let him!
    go ahead and find a few dozen black billionaires
    go ahead and find millions of black fans willing to drop $200 per seat at all the games
    go ahead and find black people to organize and set up the infrastructure to support all of the above

I have no problem with this idea. You know why? Because it'll never $#@!ing happen. It takes a community to support a system like the NBA. These "black leaders" are retarded. The media is racist. Also an obligatory "$#@! the government" post.
    I have no problem with him doing it, more power to him. I just thought segregation was dead because it was considered racist.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I have no problem with him doing it, more power to him. I just thought segregation was dead because it was considered racist.
    Yep its messed up. Black people perpetuate hate with THEIR racist comments, then step back and are like "woah you're a hater! That's racist!" And the media comes running.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

ITS ONLY RACIST IF WHITE PEOPLE DO SOMETHING AGAINST BLACK PEOPLE

Black people can not be racist.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Bash: Because looking at that and hearing that kind of language, that certainly wouldn't be appropriate if it was coming from somebody who was white.

Thompson: "But I'm black."

Bash:
    That makes it OK?

Thompson:
    "I mean, you're asking me the question, and I'm giving you a response. The people that I represent, for the most part, have a real issue with those decisions–voter ID, affirmative action, Affordable Care Act–all those issues are very important and for someone in the court who's African American and not sensitive to that is a real problem."

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Bash: Because looking at that and hearing that kind of language, that certainly wouldn't be appropriate if it was coming from somebody who was white.

Bash:
    That makes it OK?

Thompson:
    "I mean, you're asking me the question, and I'm giving you a response. The people that I represent, for the most part, have a real issue with those decisions–voter ID, affirmative action, Affordable Care Act–all those issues are very important and for someone in the court who's African American and not sensitive to that is a real problem."
    Yep. And the thing that grinds my jimmies is white people pay his wage, yet he claims to represent blacks. Ok thompson, how bout black people pay your wages via their taxes? Considering that african Americans are disproportionally in poverty, he'd get jack sht. That comment was so unbelievably racist and the media neither has a field day nor the government "ban him effective immediately him from all congressional buildings" is fully $#@!ing retarded.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

So Sterling has gone on record saying he isn't selling and that no one can be forced to sell property in the US. Hahahaha - this is going to get good. Although, he has apparently cancelled a few interviews. I would suspect on advice from his advisors. I would guess he is pissed right now and on the verge of telling everyone to go $#@! themselves.

His wife has also said she isn't selling. The NBA is in deep $#@! on this. Now Sterling has to follow through to somehow make this happen. This will end up costing the NBA millions in legal work.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

has it not ever occurred to him that his team at this moment is worth over seven hundred $#@!ing million doll hairs
    '08 535xi - fbo

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

i'm watching the butler right now, awesome movie
    '08 535xi - fbo

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rawad1017 Click here to enlarge
    has it not ever occurred to him that his team at this moment is worth over seven hundred $#@!ing million doll hairs
    He has more than he can spend already and may be dying. What does that matter?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Bash:
    That makes it OK?

Thompson:
    Hahahah - owned. How do I rep Bash? : P

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Larry Johnson's comment was hardly racist. How are you even pretending he's calling for segregation when he is obviously referencing Sterling's racist comments. Sterling is a billionaire and makes money off a majority black league yet he doesn't want to associate with black people or rent apartments to them!
    Give me a break! The post has no context at all. The Larry Johnson comparison is almost as offensive as Sterling's initial comment.
    Last edited by hnic357; 05-11-2014 at 06:08 PM. Reason: grammar

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

You know there is a problem in USA when black people can call each other $#@! but if a white/ yellow/ orange/brown person does it's ww3!! No matter what the history behind it is, it is either offensive for all or none.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

No, the problem in this country is not using the n-word. The problem is billionaires using their wealth to continue a process of segregation in real estate. Real estate being the number one wealth creator in the nation. Guys like sterling won't let people buy and sell their property because where they think like the Sterlings. This guy should be made an example of because of people like him are the reasons why you have ghettos. It's not an accident that all of his properties in LA are segregated. It's a long standing business practice and needs I be stopped.
    Last edited by hnic357; 05-11-2014 at 07:20 PM. Reason: Grammar

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by hnic357 Click here to enlarge
    How are you even pretending he's calling for segregation
    What exactly is the term for a group formed of one race that specifically omits another race from inclusion in whatever activity it is they are participating in?

Sterling is a billionaire and makes money off a majority black league yet he doesn't want to associate with black people or rent apartments to them!
    Did Chris Paul not get or cash his check?

The Larry Johnson comparison is almost as offensive as Sterling's initial comment.
    What's offensive is fighting hate with hate.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

No, the problem in this country is not using the n-word. The problem is billionaires using their wealth to continue a process of segregation in real estate. Real estate being the number one wealth creator in the nation. Guys like sterling won't let people buy and sell their property because where they think like the Sterlings. This guy should be made an example of because of people like him are the reasons why you have ghettos. It's not an accident that all of his properties in LA are segregated. It's a long standing business practice and needs I be stopped.
    Some day people are going to have to stop blaming the old rich white man and start blaming themselves.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Some day people are going to have to stop blaming the old rich white man and start blaming themselves.
    Someday racist white people are going to have to admit that they no longer can be racist and people won't call them on it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Someday racist white people are going to have to admit that they no longer can be racist and people won't call them on it.
    Um ok. The racist old white guy is keeping the man down. Gotcha.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What exactly is the term for a group formed of one race that specifically omits another race from inclusion in whatever activity it is they are participating in?
    That's not what Larry Johnson statement is saying so not relevant. Context is everything.

Did Chris Paul not get or cash his check?
    Doesn't have anything to do with what I posted. Sterling has no choice but to pay the contract he signed or else get sued. He isn't paying the players out of the goodness of his heart.

What's offensive is fighting hate with hate.
    I wish you were more offended by the guy who uses his money and power to illegally discriminate against people rather than a twitter response to his racism.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Um ok. The racist old white guy is keeping the man down. Gotcha.
    Here is a story of Sterling using his power as the largest landlord in the city to keep neighborhoods segregated. How is this not a problem for you? Is it because you actually think like Donald Sterling? http://deadspin.com/5263277/the-sord...onald-sterling

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Here is a story of Sterling using his power as the largest landlord in the city to keep neighborhoods segregated. How is this not a problem for you? Is it because you actually think like Donald Sterling? http://deadspin.com/5263277/the-sord...onald-sterling
    The topic is double standards in the media regarding race. It is not a defense of Donald Sterling. Perhaps the Donald Sterling is an idiot comment in the OP threw you off.

Don't let me me stop you from making assumptions. Feel free to argue whatever you invented in your head as the topic.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

shame on you sticky you racist
    '08 535xi - fbo

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

ok, so the media has a double standard against whites even though the media is mostly run by white people. Ok, I understand now. I'll let you continue to blame the white media for persecuting white men who are racist. Some day people are going to have to stop blaming the media and start blaming themselves.
    Last edited by hnic357; 05-11-2014 at 11:24 PM. Reason: grammar

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

that may be true, but before these "white rich people" stop segregating, as a community black people should change. We have similar issues here in Australia. The government just throws money at these communities and nothing changes. People must want change so bad that they change them selves first. And in time no matter how much you try to segregate it won't work.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Black people as a community need to change? Really? Did black people segregate themselves into ghettos? Black people weren't allowed to vote in a lot of places until 1966. Black people couldn't get loans or jobs no matter how qualified they were because of the color of their skin. Black people aren't growing cocaine or heroin in housing projects. How are these drugs getting in to black communities? 70% of people who use drugs are white and a large percentage of them are middle class or upper class. Poor white communities in the U.S. are ravaged by drug use but we don't say, "white communities should change." It's people like Donald Sterling who need to stop discriminating by skin color. That's what needs to happen first.
    And as far as gov't throwing money at people, the gov't spends FAR more money on tax cuts for wealthy corporations, on stadiums for sports teams etc. then they do on poor black or white communities.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast