Close

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by hnic357 Click here to enlarge
    We don't know if the call was illegal since his mistress said Sterling would tape his own conversations to remember things he said. Who you gonna believe? Neither one of them are reputable sources or honorable people.
    the only statement that came from Sterling regarding knowledge of being recorded in that conversation was "no"

she did not at all say she had his permission to record, there is no verbally recorded permission given to her either
    '08 535xi - fbo

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Lol. Just google sterling knew he was bring taped. And why would there be recorded permission of her if he asked her to tape the his conversations?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Say mean things about Magic and you have to give up your property? LOL who cares? Magic did sleep with everything that moves.
    Seriously. Whole thing is a joke. I think Sterling is going to make the NBA look like idiots. Then take their money, then sell the team, make 3B and walk away laughing.

The NBA has been $#@!ed since david stern. Everyone flops it's as bad as soccer. Ref's give Labron so many calls it is stupid. How Ray Allen had more fauls while playing less minutes and being known as one of the cleanest players in the league tells you something.

They are just a money hungry organization. Sterling is effecting their money, thus an issue. They could give a $#@!less about racism.
    E92 Bren Tune / E90 PTF Tune / E70 Twin Turbo Diesel JBD

Got Boost?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Torgus Click here to enlarge
    Seriously. Whole thing is a joke. I think Sterling is going to make the NBA look like idiots. Then take their money, then sell the team, make 3B and walk away laughing.
    seriously doubt he wins. He's got nothing on them. Only thing he could do is embarrass the owners with airing dirty laundry through supeanoas and asking them embarrassing questions under oath.

They are just a money hungry organization. Sterling is effecting their money, thus an issue. They could give a $#@!less about racism.
    100%. Truer words have never been spoken.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

The NBA has been $#@!ed since david stern. Everyone flops it's as bad as soccer. Ref's give Labron so many calls it is stupid. How Ray Allen had more fauls while playing less minutes and being known as one of the cleanest players in the league tells you something.

PREACH!
    Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

/
    //A L E X A N D R E 1983 Photography///ALX1983.COM

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Stern was a little f*ck.

He blocked the perfectly legitimate Chris Paul trade to the Lakers because some owners complained like little $#@!es (including f*cktard Cuban).

Also the games fixing scandal was under Stern's rule.

NBA has been crap for quite some time. The ref's literally control the outcome of every game.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I've never been to an NBA game, and don't plan to (RIP SuperSonics). How are games reaching 100 points interesting? raise the hoop to 11 feet and come back to me. College Basketball is much more entertaining.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Check and mate! Dude is done. I told ya.
    "I feel fabulous, I feel very good," Sterling told NBC4 on Tuesday night when asked how he felt about his wife, Shelly, selling the team. "Everything is just the way it should be, really. It may have worked out differently, but it's good. It's all good."
    Donald had sued the NBA on Friday seeking $1 billion in damages but will withdraw that suit, Blecher said. Commissioner Adam Silver was also named as a defendant in the lawsuit.
    "I'm OK, I'm OK," Sterling said Tuesday. "Is the NBA OK? I'm not sure about that. Is [NBA commissioner] Adam Silver OK? I'm sure he's OK."Once the NBA approved Ballmer's bid to buy the Clippers on Friday, a hearing to determine Donald Sterling's future was canceled. Instead, the NBA Board of Governors will vote on the deal agreed upon by Shelly Sterling and Ballmer, who bid $2 billion for the team.
    Shelly Sterling, as part of a settlement with the league, and a condition of the sale to Ballmer, had indemnified the NBA against future legal action by her husband, essentially meaning that even if he won his lawsuit, the Sterling Family Trust -- which she controlled after he was found by neurologists to be mentally incapacitated -- would pay the damages.NBA has set no timetable for a vote to approve Ballmer, but he is expected to easily be accepted by 3/4ths of the other 29 owners.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    "failure to fulfill contract obligations" when he embarrassed the NBA which the commissioner called, "conduct detrimental to the league." That clear enough? The owners sign several agreements not just the NBA by-laws. Franchise agreements also contain these conduct clauses.
    I'm sorry you're completely off here. The clause does not say conduct detrimental to the league. That could be interpreted any which way... as in, a catch-all clause. As Sterling's lawyers point out, the wording is clear and it states contractual obligations. He has not violated any. It is not a commissioner can do whatever he wants clause. I don't know why you are taking Silver as some god.

He can't tie up the sale unless he gets an injunction and that is highly unlikely. He might try to embarrass the other owners with putting some dirty laundry out there but they could do the same to him.
    He could tie up the sale but he didn't.

How can he claim it? He owns the franchise in LA, the 2nd biggest market in the country. Milwaukee has 600k people in it. 900k in all of Milwaukee county. The city of Los Angeles by itself is over 3 million. Of course the Clippers are worth more. They're in LA and he happens to own them; Sterling didn't do a damn thing to make them worth 2 billion.
    Are you new to revenue sharing or precedent? What NBA team has ever sold for over a billion? Absolutely zero.

Sterling didn't do a damn thing to make them worth two billion? Um, his team is worth more than any other NBA team until an NBA team sells for more. Period.

We don't know if the call was illegal since his mistress said Sterling would tape his own conversations to remember things he said. Who you gonna believe? Neither one of them are reputable sources or honorable people.
    It's illegal as he was recorded in her living room without his knowledge. As California law states, Sterling's rights were violated.

You aren't an attorney and your, um, lax let's say, interpretation of the law shows. Sterling's lawyers are right on.

I wouldn't want you defending me.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Lol. Just google sterling knew he was bring taped. And why would there be recorded permission of her if he asked her to tape the his conversations?
    What do you mean just googling? He is on record stating he did not know. There is no evidence of him saying he agreed to be recorded. Therefore, the recording is illegal. You need PERMISSION. She did not get it. She does not have it. Therefore, according to the law the recording is illegal and inadmissible. Period.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    seriously doubt he wins. He's got nothing on them. Only thing he could do is embarrass the owners with airing dirty laundry through supeanoas and asking them embarrassing questions under oath.
    He has everything on them starting with the recording not being legal to begin with. It can't even be used against him in a court of law.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Check and mate! Dude is done. I told ya.
    How is he $#@!ed? The deal is between the trust and Ballmer meaning that money can't be touched. Sterling isn't working within the confines of the trust he just guaranteed his family $2 billion. He can go to war without ever worrying about losing that $2 billion now. They also do not proceed with the vote. HE WINS.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sterling is done. It seems he signed an agreement with his wife, Shelly to let her sell the team and she's doing so. Sterling's argument is the league can't force him to sell because he's a racist?!? Lol. He's hurting the league with his conduct. Once his private convo goes public it doesn't matter how it got there he's damaged the brand and his partners are forcing him to sell. He signed an agreement that states if 75% of the owners want him out then he's out. All this other stuff about the constitution is wrong. This isn't constitutional law it's contract law. I'm laughing to myself reading this document because he has no argument at all. He throwing stuff against the wall and is hoping it sticks.
    This is what I wrote a week ago. He's family is out. He's gonna pay that 33% capital gains tax so he nets 1.4B, (nice haul) no more suits and he's outta the league which is the exact opposite of what he wanted. I told you his case was crap and that's clear now. That's why Sterling dropped the suit against the NBA and Silver. Remember I said this was all a face saving maneuver by Sterling? No more lawsuit, no more ownership just like I said. He threw stuff against the wall and nothing stuck lol.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This is what I wrote a week ago. He's family is out. He's gonna pay that 33% capital gains tax so he nets 1.4B, (nice haul) no more suits and he's outta the league which is the exact opposite of what he wanted. I told you his case was crap and that's clear now. That's why Sterling dropped the suit against the NBA and Silver. Remember I said this was all a face saving maneuver by Sterling? No more lawsuit, no more ownership just like I said. He threw stuff against the wall and nothing stuck lol.
    Any lawsuit that he initiates is separate from the trust. Do you understand what a trust is?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Any lawsuit that he initiates is separate from the trust. Do you understand what a trust is?
    http://nypost.com/2014/05/30/donald-...for-1-billion/

Noted racist Donald Sterling, the embattled owner of basketball’s Los Angeles Clippers, wanted sue the NBA for $1 billion in damages over the termination of his ownership according to his lawyer, Maxwell Blecher.
    Turns out that lawsuit may not become a reality. In a twist worthy of a daytime soap opera the NBA, Shelly Sterling and the Sterling Family Trust issued a joint statement saying that Shelly Sterling and the family trust agree, “not to sue the NBA and to indemnify the NBA against lawsuits from others, including from Donald Sterling.”

The statement also says that the issue of billionaire Steve Ballmer’s agreement to buy the Los Angeles Clippers for a record $2 billion will proceed to all 30 NBA owners for a vote. Ballmer negotiated the sale with Donald Sterling’s wife Shelly late Thursday evening in Los Angeles.
    The statement also says that the, “NBA will withdraw its pending charge to terminate the Sterlings’ ownership of the team.”

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn-sterling-drops-suit-against-nba-20140604-story.html

Donald Sterling has agreed to go along with the $2-billion sale of the Clippers negotiated by his wife, Shelly, in an agreement that will also lead the NBA to drop its administrative charges against the longtime team owners, Sterling’s attorney said Wednesday afternoon.

As recently as Tuesday, attorney Max Blecher said Sterling was considering suing his wife to contest her takeover of the family trust that controls the franchise. But Sterling suggested in an interview with NBC4 later Tuesday that he might agree to let the record-setting sale go through.

Sterling will agree to drop his $1-billion
    antitrust lawsuitagainst the NBA and the league in turn will agree not to file any lawsuits against Sterling and to drop the charges it levied against him for racially inflammatory remarks made by the Clippers owner that were posted online in late April.

A nearly six-week battle over the allegations and the future of the Clippers came to an apparent end last week, when former Microsoft Chief Executive Steve Ballmer bid $2 billion for the team, nearly four times the previous high price for an NBA franchise. The tech billionaire hoped to close the deal as early as next month, though it remained unclear until Wednesday whether Sterling, 80, would sign off on the deal.

Shelly Sterling, 79, had said that she assumed sole control of the Clippers after two neurologists determined that her husband was not mentally capable of handling his own business affairs.
    Blecher had vehemently disputed that characterization and said he might go to court to fight for Donald Sterling’s right to continue as controlling owner of the franchise.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    just because his family made it so he would take the buy out and the easy way out doesnt mean he never had a case...
    '08 535xi - fbo

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    http://nypost.com/2014/05/30/donald-...for-1-billion/

Noted racist Donald Sterling, the embattled owner of basketball’s Los Angeles Clippers, wanted sue the NBA for $1 billion in damages over the termination of his ownership according to his lawyer, Maxwell Blecher.
    Turns out that lawsuit may not become a reality. In a twist worthy of a daytime soap opera the NBA, Shelly Sterling and the Sterling Family Trust issued a joint statement saying that Shelly Sterling and the family trust agree, “not to sue the NBA and to indemnify the NBA against lawsuits from others, including from Donald Sterling.”

The statement also says that the issue of billionaire Steve Ballmer’s agreement to buy the Los Angeles Clippers for a record $2 billion will proceed to all 30 NBA owners for a vote. Ballmer negotiated the sale with Donald Sterling’s wife Shelly late Thursday evening in Los Angeles.
    The statement also says that the, “NBA will withdraw its pending charge to terminate the Sterlings’ ownership of the team.”
    Shelly Sterling and the Trust issued that, not Donald Sterling.

Plus at this point I have nothing to reference from the attorneys not that it matters. If Sterling proceeds it just means the money in the trust is secure.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rawad1017 Click here to enlarge
    just because his family made it so he would take the buy out and the easy way out doesnt mean he never had a case...
    That's exactly what it means. He has nothing to sue about.
    He publicly admitted he damaged the league with his comments.
    He admitted he knew he was being taped so the argument about his right to privacy, (which was bogus anyway) was never an issue.
    The owners could force him to sell for pretty much any reason since they are a partnership and majority rules.
    The antitrust suit was always a hail marry attempt to try and get the league to backdown (which was never gonna work anyway) has been dropped.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That's exactly what it means. He has nothing to sue about.
    He publicly admitted he damaged the league with his comments.
    He admitted he knew he was being taped so the argument about his right to privacy, (which was bogus anyway) was never an issue.
    The owners could force him to sell for pretty much any reason since they are a partnership and majority rules.
    The antitrust suit was always a hail marry attempt to try and get the league to backdown (which was never gonna work anyway) has been dropped.
    He has a lot of things to sue about as all the counts in the legal document show.

Your speculation means nothing. Backdown? Guy just got 2 billion guaranteed nobody can touch.

He can do whatever the $#@! he wants. You can't waive constitutional rights because your soon to be ex-wife says so.

League to backdown? The league just did when they gave up the vote.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What does he have to sue about? He knew he was being taped. As you pointed out he was paid 2 billion for the team so he can't claim he's been damaged. The league gave up the vote because His wife sold the team. there was no reason for the league to vote. Like I said before, it was all a face saving maneuver that wasn't going to work. Sterling backed down in a week.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    He still hasn't dropped his suit so I don't know what to tell you. He isn't going to pay that fine looks like or at least it's a sticking point for him. You should wait to see what happens.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sterling dropped the suit 4 days ago. Just google it. The fine is irrelevant at this point since the nba got what they wanted when the Sterlings sold the team. I don't know why you think he's still fighting or what he would even be fighting for. The guy embarrassed himself and the league and cost them money. They kicked him out and he was paid for his franchise. It's a win for everyone except for Sterling's bruised ego. Nothing is gonna soothe that butt hurt.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by richpike Click here to enlarge
    Quoted for future reference when the lawsuits are still on going 3 years from now Click here to enlarge

-Rich
    No more lawsuits. Didn't even take a month

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sterling dropped the suit 4 days ago.
    Sterling suit against NBA holds up Clippers' sale, commissioner says: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sterlin...6926--nba.html

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast