Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Thumbs up AAT ECU Tune review for the E46 M3 (Euro spec)

I had been wanting to do a tune to my car for a long time but I had a tough time finding the right tuner for the job as our cars are euro spec and I have found out that the software is a tiny bit different to US Spec. I had tried tuners from the States before and even though the tunes were good they weren’t AMAZING. I didnt do the tune from GEE earlier because I had work going on my car and that included updating the stock DME software so the tune would have been wiped.

ENGINE DME:
    Now I have known GEE @ AAT in the UK for 1.5 years and we have become good and close friends over this time. He was featured in the NOVEMBER 09 Issue of the BMW CAR MAGAZINE and extracted 20-25 Bhp from an M3 E46 using euro 99 (I will try to find the mag copy and scan and post the true accurate story and happenings as shown by the Mag at the time), now most people will tell you that’s not possible, well it kind of is when the BCM is right there while he does this. Car was Euro spec.

Now I am not expecting the same kind of BHp but that’s because all the M3 engines are different and we have 95 euro fuel here (US 91). I sent my ECU out to GEE @ AAT and he said he will do the tune for me but when he comes to Bahrain in a month’s time he will custom tune the car on the dyno etc to make the tune perfect for our region Click here to enlarge

Ok so I get the ECU back yesterday, (me and another customer) I did not reset adaptations as I didn’t have time. First impressions the car felt really smooth, much smoother than before, once I got on some open road I floored it in A5 with TC ON and first gear tires chirp and second gear tires chirp! I've never had that happen on my car and bloody hell the power delivery was like wow! This is not the butt dyno kind of feel this is like I’ve really gained some HP feel.

Now I’m still on 91 (euro 95) and will reset adaptations and put in 93 (98euro) and we'll see how it feels then. Also the worst thing is due to my busy schedule I have never had a chance to Dyno my Own car, so I have no base line dyno to compare with when I dyno with the AAT Tune. BUT Not to worry my friends, I spoke to GEE and when he comes here we will flash the car back to stock and do the base line and then he will put the tune back on and dyno it and then he will do the custom tune and dyno it again as I don’t really want a 93 tune when all we have is 91. I'd rather get it custom tuned for 91.

SMG ECU:

He will do them as soon as he comes to Bahrain as it'll take a few minutes.

This will be a continuing review as the weather changes, different fuels, more dynos in different temps etc. I apologize in advance if sometimes it'll take long to get the dyno's etc as I am always busy in the shop with projects But I Promise we will get this done.

Another thing is me and GEE have started discussing ALPHA-N and CSL Air box (replica) for my M3. I think I am leaning towards the sound etc and the price difference and I will keep my car NA rather than go for an SC kit or Turbo kit. This way I can get another project like the new GTR or an E90 M3 Click here to enlarge

More to come...........

Ejaz
    Last edited by 0-60Motorsports; 10-31-2010 at 03:27 AM.
    Click here to enlarge

EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Here is a Dyno for an S54 with a race tune he did for someone else...........

http://forums.m3cutters.co.uk/attach...4&d=1256512035
    http://forums.m3cutters.co.uk/attach...6&d=1256512284
    Click here to enlarge

EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 0-60Motorsports Click here to enlarge
    Here is a Dyno for an S54 with a race tune he did for someone else...........

http://forums.m3cutters.co.uk/attach...4&d=1256512035
    http://forums.m3cutters.co.uk/attach...6&d=1256512284
    Requires registration Ejaz, try to link the files or upload them here please.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Here you go Bro.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So from 320 to 351? Pretty nice.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yeah very nice! I cant wait to dyno my baby
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Just for everyone to know those graphs are of the race tune not the street tune! These are only custom done by GEE himself personally. Not really for street use.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Looks pretty sweet. Congrats and gl with the upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks SSDD.

I drove the car to work this morning and I just love how it literaly purs now and I love how if I give it some throttle it just feels so responsive! And with sport mode even more so! Love it Love it! I am working on some other cars now but once I finish I have to take them to dyno so my baby will be coming for her first dyno with them Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    A little update. as the weather is really nice 20-25c I have been driving the car every night and my GOD it just keeps getting better and better! I Love my Car even more!
    Click here to enlarge