Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The m157 has been out longer by what 3 months? The AMG's have been running these times for 2 years so a few months is hardly a reason. Of course its not where the m5 stops but do you think its where the E63 stops? They both have there advantages m5 has a higher redline and dct while e63 has bigger displacement and stronger transmission

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BlackJetE90OC Click here to enlarge
    Stock turbo, pump gas, tune, downpipes M157 did 10.6 @ 135.

Cheers
    Don't know if this car has downpipes...also...like I said...you're comparing a piggyback tune to a flash tune. I'm not in any way trying to put down the M157...just trying to keep things in perspective. That's all.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ezec63 Click here to enlarge
    The m157 has been out longer by what 3 months? The AMG's have been running these times for 2 years so a few months is hardly a reason. Of course its not where the m5 stops but do you think its where the E63 stops? They both have there advantages m5 has a higher redline and dct while e63 has bigger displacement and stronger transmission
    It's out a bit longer and the tuning is more evolved.

The M157 has more displacement, so? Is the M157 beating GTR's or something? Aren't they DCT, higher revving, and smaller displacement?

This is so far from over it has barely even started.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    653 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Jon @ BMS (plus size driver) raced a fast tuned E63 at the runway. The E63 has tuning, downpipes, and race gas. Jon got a bad start but stayed in his blind spot up to his 155mph limiter. I meant to rematch the E63 but didn't get around to it. Next event. Click here to enlarge

Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    It's out a bit longer and the tuning is more evolved.

The M157 has more displacement, so? Is the M157 beating GTR's or something? Aren't they DCT, higher revving, and smaller displacement?

This is so far from over it has barely even started.
    LOL thats makes zero sense. Is the S65 beating GTR's ? Arent they lower revving DCT and smaller displacement? because its fair to compare a 4 door family car to godzilla. If were on that subject do you think the s63tu will be beating GTR's?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Your reasoning of gearing + redline = God is something you always pull out and doesnt always work out. You can go about getting power many different ways and the only thing that matters is the final result you can go about it in a gallardo revving high with decent gearing or an LSX iron block/Power Glide and make retarded amount of hp/torque and each one can be faster then the other depending how much you want to invest. Both the M157 and the S63tu will never receive the aftermarket attention of the GTR/gallardo/LS motors those platforms are just superior and when someone just wants something stupid fast they are not going to dump 100's of thousands into a m5 or E63.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Jon @ BMS (plus size driver) raced a fast tuned E63 at the runway. The E63 has tuning, downpipes, and race gas. Jon got a bad start but stayed in his blind spot up to his 155mph limiter. I meant to rematch the E63 but didn't get around to it. Next event. Click here to enlarge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNJWSoX5jO8
    Not bad ! But the track times tell the whole story here 10.6 @ 135 is just a good amount faster then 11.0 @ 128. Either way both are stupid fast

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    They are two different cars. The M5 is a drivers car that has nice luxury whereas the E63 is a softer luxury car to me. Neither one was designed for drag racing, they were designed for the highway, period. They both do excellent at many things, but the M5 whether it's slower or not is a better platform to me. No bashing here as I love the E63 but I find it to be soft. The motor is amazing however. If I'm going for a softer luxury car with brute force, well... I go for my Jaguar. if I'm going for a big ass sledgehammer that has a sports inspired solid soul I go M5.
    The M5 after more support is around will trump the MB.
    Because racecar.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Your reasoning of gearing + redline = God is something you always pull out and doesnt always work out. You can go about getting power many different ways and the only thing that matters is the final result you can go about it in a gallardo revving high with decent gearing or an LSX iron block/Power Glide and make retarded amount of hp/torque and each one can be faster then the other depending how much you want to invest. Both the M157 and the S63tu will never receive the aftermarket attention of the GTR/gallardo/LS motors those platforms are just superior and when someone just wants something stupid fast they are not going to dump 100's of thousands into a m5 or E63.
    Gearing and redline doesn't work how?

Gallardos make stupid HP when turbo'd why?

The M157 and S63TU comparison is hardly over. The AMG's has displacement but that's it. Everything else favors the S63TU namely the turbo placement. If it has bigger turbos the displacement gap doesn't mean much of anything.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by boostedmaserati Click here to enlarge
    They are two different cars. The M5 is a drivers car that has nice luxury whereas the E63 is a softer luxury car to me. Neither one was designed for drag racing, they were designed for the highway, period. They both do excellent at many things, but the M5 whether it's slower or not is a better platform to me. No bashing here as I love the E63 but I find it to be soft. The motor is amazing however. If I'm going for a softer luxury car with brute force, well... I go for my Jaguar. if I'm going for a big ass sledgehammer that has a sports inspired solid soul I go M5.
    The M5 after more support is around will trump the MB.
    I'd say the E63 is more of a drag car than the M5.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Gearing and redline doesn't work how?

Gallardos make stupid HP when turbo'd why?

The M157 and S63TU comparison is hardly over. The AMG's has displacement but that's it. Everything else favors the S63TU namely the turbo placement. If it has bigger turbos the displacement gap doesn't mean much of anything.
    I didnt say it doesnt matter what i said is its not the end all be all ! Its one way of going about to getting to the goal of crazy power/speed. Their are plenty of other ways and each of them works and can be better than the other depending on the investment. You have plenty of LS's that dont rev much over 7000 rpm and run through sloppy but strong powerglides that will destroy any TT gallardo on the strip. The AMG has displacement and a stronger trans with options on the market NOW not promised tomorrows that dont happen for a while. The S63tu has what 500 extra rpm and a DCT? We saw in the vid of a tune+DP m5 vs Tune+DP E63 the MCT didnt lose much if any ground to the DCT and beat it while making similar HP but more torque

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I didnt say it doesnt matter what i said is its not the end all be all ! Its one way of going about to getting to the goal of crazy power/speed. Their are plenty of other ways and each of them works and can be better than the other depending on the investment. You have plenty of LS's that dont rev much over 7000 rpm and run through sloppy but strong powerglides that will destroy any TT gallardo on the strip. The AMG has displacement and a stronger trans with options on the market NOW not promised tomorrows that dont happen for a while. The S63tu has what 500 extra rpm and a DCT? We saw in the vid of a tune+DP m5 vs Tune+DP E63 the MCT didnt lose much if any ground to the DCT and beat it while making similar HP but more torque
    RPM is how you make up for displacement and the DCT is still the quicker shifting box. Like I said we will see what happens this is hardly over. The M5 is improving and that's great. We'll see what the turbo upgrades bring.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'd say the E63 is more of a drag car than the M5.
    I'd agree with that. But to me as a drivers car the M5 is where it's at. Neither were designed for drag racing but they both do great. MB have the nasty reputation of torquey motors for food reason, they're beasts. And with 4matic it's a big advantage. AWD is the great equalizer for sure, I have laid down 9s on all seasons on my old Talon so traction isn't the issue of a RWD. They both do great but the S63 hasn't even started yet. Hell the RS7 is king of the drags from Europe of were talking big body. Just a tune in mid 10s.... dayyyum
    Because racecar.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    RPM is how you make up for displacement and the DCT is still the quicker shifting box. Like I said we will see what happens this is hardly over. The M5 is improving and that's great. We'll see what the turbo upgrades bring.
    & I agree 1000% with both statements ! But then guy x could pull out his credit card and bore and stroke for even more displacement up to 7.3 liters have an iron block and make 2000 wheel hp with a monster blower ... then guy z will take out a loan build his top end rev out to 9300 rpm and switch to a short final drive ratio ... You get what im saying they are 2 different ways of going about the same thing - Stupid Fast !
    Im excited to see what they do with the s63tu I just cant believe BMW made the ecu that hard to crack ! Maybe they should get into the security business lol no internal leaks either from employees

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    & I agree 1000% with both statements ! But then guy x could pull out his credit card and bore and stroke for even more displacement up to 7.3 liters have an iron block and make 2000 wheel hp with a monster blower ... then guy z will take out a loan build his top end rev out to 9300 rpm and switch to a short final drive ratio ... You get what im saying they are 2 different ways of going about the same thing - Stupid Fast !
    Im excited to see what they do with the s63tu I just cant believe BMW made the ecu that hard to crack ! Maybe they should get into the security business lol no internal leaks either from employees
    Agreed. Displacement doesn't matter anymore with the evolution of turbos. My 2.0 puts out over 600 and I could easily go 800 on C16. But it revs to 9300 and that's where I agree with sticky. The high redline allows me to stay in boost longer and therefore have a bigger power band. I'm half tempted to run it at shift sector just to piss people off.
    Because racecar.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I honestly think the majority of BMW aftermarket tuners should forget about the s63tu let it be fast FBO but focus on a Twin Turbo S85 with a DCT swap like you mentioned in the other thread. Lighter body, more displacement, higher revs, same stupid fast trans basically WINNING in every category .. then swap it into a gutted E92 .. z4 doesnt do it for me

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by boostedmaserati Click here to enlarge
    Agreed. Displacement doesn't matter anymore with the evolution of turbos. My 2.0 puts out over 600 and I could easily go 800 on C16. But it revs to 9300 and that's where I agree with sticky. The high redline allows me to stay in boost longer and therefore have a bigger power band. I'm half tempted to run it at shift sector just to piss people off.
    That sounds nutty I wouldnt think twice bring it out to shift sector and troll all the tough guys

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That sounds nutty I wouldnt think twice bring it out to shift sector and troll all the tough guys
    Yeah I wanna crank it to 38psi with C16 and destroy the pride of some Lambos and Porsches lol
    Because racecar.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    653 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Not bad ! But the track times tell the whole story here 10.6 @ 135 is just a good amount faster then 11.0 @ 128. Either way both are stupid fast
    This particular E63 ran 11.0@130 at our track, FWIW. Definitely has a couple MPH on the M5 mod for mod due to the displacement. Still feels like a grandpa car to me. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Anyone know what the fastest a ZF 6HP26 has gone 1/4 mile wise?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Veva333 Click here to enlarge
    Anyone know what the fastest a ZF 6HP26 has gone 1/4 mile wise?
    No idea but it probably belongs to a C6 RS6.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Ok cool.

Seems our aussie Turbo 6's (factory delivered) are getting pretty quick on a global scale!

Current record is 9.2 - 150 mph car weighs 4150 lbs or 1880 kgs

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Veva333 Click here to enlarge
    Ok cool.

Seems our aussie Turbo 6's (factory delivered) are getting pretty quick on a global scale!

Current record is 9.2 - 150 mph car weighs 4150 lbs or 1880 kgs
    What Aussi Turbo 6's are you referring to?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

We have the ford xr6 turbo and Holden vl turbo. One is a 4lt 1800kg sedan the other a 3.0lt 1400kg sedan. Both have gone into the 8s in st trim.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Barra_engine

a 4.0 cast iron beastly stump pulling monstrosity that makes bulk power if you sneeze at it.. they come stock with a GT3040 iirc, tune only, stock exhaust/intake/valvetrain and they can hit ~400whp.. FMIC, exhaust, injectors, and that's 500hp.

last dyno i went to had a G6E turbo (slightly upper spec more cruiser family car than 'sporty' of the XR6 turbo) put down something like 800rwhp, looked stock, sounded almost stock.

WTAC last year had this XR6T with some full retard GT45 (or maybe it was bigger, i can't remember, i could almost fit my head in the inlet lol) and nos... in the standing 500, it had TERRIBLE traps because it laid rubber the whole way lol.
    boop

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast