Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Option 2, if there is a list put me on it, just got my Vargas s2b2's need fuel

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by carcars Click here to enlarge
    Opción 2
    Thanks for the feedback. As long as you are located in the U.S....that'll make it easy for getting you in the first batch.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blisstik Click here to enlarge
    Option 3 for me. Please put me on the list.
    Perfect...that'll get you in to the first batch as well since I won't need a core bucket for you.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by turbocripple Click here to enlarge
    Option 2, if there is a list put me on it, just got my Vargas s2b2's need fuel
    Noted, thanks for the feedback and you too will be easy to get in to the first batch.

As for lists...I won't be starting a list per say. When I do the initial release I'll open it up and close it when those units are all sold. Those that are Option 3 will be included in that.

After those all go out and get installed, everybody verifies my procedures are good and what not (don't really expect any issues there), I will then open sales for good. At that time when current inventories are sold out, there will be a pre-paid back order list and they will be shipped on a first come first served basis. Pretty much the same way I did Stage 1's.

FTR....These will be sold exclusively on BB for the time being in order to avoid complications and make it easy for everybody to track.

Thanks again!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

option for 535i guys?
    08 535i 6MT - JB4 G5 ISO - Luke performance flash - E40 & BMS 100% Meth - AR design catless DP - ETS 5" intercooler - BMS DCI - BMS OCC - ER chargepipe - HKS BOV - K-sport coilovers - UUC evo SSK - CDV deleted - ACS spoiler - Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by hkninja Click here to enlarge
    option for 535i guys?
    I PM'd you back on N54....

I will probably look in to that a little more in a couple months....mid summer probably but look in to the AEM 320 pump in the meantime. Click here to enlarge

If you need me to put you in to contact with some people that are running that pump...PM me.

Thanks

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

@SteveAZ my spain.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Here's a couple logs for you all. These are from the 2nd beta test car. This car is running E50, stock turbos, is FBO -meth, and is a 6mt with an otherwise stock fuel system. Prior to this he was running my stage 1 fuel system with no issues but given how hard he is on the fuel system...I wanted him to test this so he let me upgrade him. Click here to enlarge
    Prior to coming to me for a solution and having stage 1 installed, I believe he had three 450 failures due to burst lines. Click here to enlarge

At the bottom of this post I've included a picture of one of his lines I discovered when installing the stage 1 for him. It had actually burst like this in 2 places but I didn't take a pic of the second location because we had dug at it to investigate and it was exaggerated by the time I took pics.

And the logs....

Here's a 3rd gear pull.

Click here to enlarge

And this second one exhibits why I say he's so hard on the fuel system.

This was him F'n around with me in the car doing what basically starts out as a second gear rolling burnout and then slamming 3rd gear. You can see he routinely causes a pressure spike on the LPFP side that is in excess of 100psi and sometimes as high as 120psi.

Click here to enlarge

and here is another screenshot of the same 2nd gear log that gives a better idea of what's going on.

Click here to enlarge

Given the design of the new fitting...I've reduced the strain on the venturi system by further isolating it. In addition the fuel lines to the venturi I use are nylon and have a burst rating of 700+ psi. Beyond that, there are no additional fuel lines or connections introduced to the system.

And as promised, here is the picture of the burst line before coming to me and he started running my fuel systems.

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by carcars Click here to enlarge
    @SteveAZ my spain.
    Ah...gotcha. Just so you know, I won't be shipping these internationally for a couple months...sorry Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by SteveAZ; 05-02-2014 at 04:58 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

Stage 1 vs. Stage 2, vs Stage 3? and HPFP limitations

So a bit more data....I'm sure you're all enthused, Click here to enlargehowever I wanted to put this out there for a few reasons.

1. PTF and VTTO are working hard to find solutions and this really illustrates the limitations of the HPFP no matter how much fuel or pressure you throw at it.

2. I've gotten a lot of questions as to the difference between stage 1, stage 2, and what stage 3 will be. (What I'm running now and calling stage 3 will change at least to some degree)

For these tests my high pressure system was totally stock, they were run on the same tank of fuel (verified E80), and the logs are sequential (except one that I accidentally hit the enter button twice and started a log Click here to enlarge). They were taken on two different nights, the first night was 71 degrees out and I was running the stage 2 (450) bucket. The second night was 66 degrees out and I was running the stage 1 kit (255 inline with stock bucket).

A note about my LPFP setup, I have the ability to run 4 different setups, all of which you'll see in these logs.
    1. Intank (stage 1 or stage 2)
    2. Intank + stage 3 in street mode
    3. Intank + stage 3 in race mode
    4. Intank + CP injection with any of the above 3 configurations (both CPI logs were taken with "stage 3 in SM)

Here is stage 1 in regards to the HPFP
    Click here to enlarge

Here is stage 2 in regards to the HPFP
    Click here to enlarge

As you can see there isn't much difference between stage 1 and stage 2 at this point with the current limitations.

Here is a graph of the corresponding LPFP pressures.

Stage 1 LPFP pressures
    Click here to enlarge

Stage 2 LPFP pressures

Click here to enlarge

As you can see, stage 2 actually throws more fuel at it but the HPFP can't make use of it. Stage 1 throws more pressure at it...but again, the HPFP can't make use of it.

Then in my case, stage 2 and stage 3 throw the most fuel and pressure at it and while the HPFP can't make use of it, my CP injection can and I'm able to circumvent it.

Going forward for big setups and alternative fueling options (port or dual HPFP's) I really think stage 2 and 3 are going to be necessary or a variation there of. If limiting pressures for port injection to moderate levels such as 45psi...it's going to get a bit more complicated but fairly easy to do. It'll be interesting to see how PTF is fueling their systems.

Here are the links to the logs used for these examples.

Stage 1 w/CP injection

http://datazap.me/u/steveaz/255-inli...og=0&data=1-11

Stage 1 w/inline in SM

Stage 1 w/inline in RM

Stage 1 only

Stage 2 w/CP injection

http://datazap.me/u/steveaz/450-test-1?log=0&data=1-11

Stage 2 w/inline in SM

http://datazap.me/u/steveaz/450-test-2?log=0&data=1-11

Stage 2 w/inline in RM

http://datazap.me/u/steveaz/450-test-3?log=0&data=1-11

Stage 2 only

http://datazap.me/u/steveaz/450-test-4?log=0&data=1-11

And here is the lab's test results for my "stage 3" pump.

Click here to enlarge

Sorry, I realize this is a lot of boring data but may be of use to somebody besides me Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Excellent data Steve!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Not boring at all! Very cool data and very promising for the N54 LPFP progression!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Great stuff Steve!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

@SteveAZ This is what we want! Graphs and actual DATA! Thank you for putting in the work, we appreciate this.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Legionofboom Click here to enlarge
    @SteveAZ This is what we want! Graphs and actual DATA! Thank you for putting in the work, we appreciate this.

No problem...thank you!

From here on out I'll be posting updates and availability in my sale thread so I'm not updating both threads and spamming the board.

http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...50-buckets-Etc

Thanks again

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

I should have a spare factory bucket this weekend if anyone wants to buy one to send to steve for an upgrade, its oem. My factory pump is giving out and i decided to just replace it with another oem sending unit.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    I should have a spare factory bucket this weekend if anyone wants to buy one to send to steve for an upgrade, its oem. My factory pump is giving out and i decided to just replace it with another oem sending unit.
    @lulz_m3 I'll buy it from ya...or if somebody else wants to buy to avoid the core....that's cool too...

To all,

I'm going to open sales of the Stage 2 kits tonight at 6pm Pacific time. Will be updating the other thread shortly.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12