Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Torque Reduction Factor / BB Flash

Click here to enlarge

Does any one here know if this table here works off a multiplier or is it for allowed torque. Trying to tune out the shift bog lag I have post $#@!. Its still there with my NLS turned on.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What is that readout from?

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    What is that readout from?
    Just a screenshot from tunerpro. Pretty sure that is just a scalar for engine "torque", which is calculated from load via some odd formula and other tables. Torque is higher at low rpm vs load due to better cylinder fill, thus a multiplier, and lower at high rpm. We may tune via load mostly, but those load values seem to be converted to torque requests and compared to multiple other tables to set a target. I'm honestly still only at about 20% understanding though with my 5 minute study breaks of how the thing really works in the background. F'ing assembly. I wish i was a software engineer.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I see. I don't play around with Tunerpro but that looks cool.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Anyway, it's a scalar. I think it's for actual torque, not a torque limit, so maybe adjusting the table to down up high will make "perceived" torque lower and keep you from hitting a limit, maybe like .8 at 6k and .7 at redline or something. Or I might be completely off base and it could make you bog more. Josh from Cobb is about the only person I think would know for sure and he's probably just grinning away right now ;-)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by V8Bait Click here to enlarge
    Anyway, it's a scalar. I think it's for actual torque, not a torque limit, so maybe adjusting the table to down up high will make "perceived" torque lower and keep you from hitting a limit, maybe like .8 at 6k and .7 at redline or something. Or I might be completely off base and it could make you bog more. Josh from Cobb is about the only person I think would know for sure and he's probably just grinning away right now ;-)
    Then why is it under the limits section of the XDF?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I have played with that table some. There is also another table related to it called "Torque reduction factor(Temp)"

The base values is how aggressive you want the DME to reduce torque if it exceeds it actual limit. I think the lower the values the more aggressive you want reaction of the reduction and the higher the values it is less aggressive allowing more tolerance I suppose.

It is part of the system sensitivity to the limitations, IMO

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BuraQ Click here to enlarge
    I have played with that table some. There is also another table related to it called "Torque reduction factor(Temp)"

The base values is how aggressive you want the DME to reduce torque if it exceeds it actual limit. I think the lower the values the more aggressive you want reaction of the reduction and the higher the values it is less aggressive allowing more tolerance I suppose.

It is part of the system sensitivity to the limitations, IMO
    Yeah seems like. I looked at is some more afterwards and I think raising it would be the ideal option... but it could cause issues with other tables and/or hysterisis conflicts.