Close

Thread: 0if80s bin?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

0if80s bin?

Read on my 08 135i shows this as the version. Never seen this one before and i couldnt find any in the downloads section to work with. Any way someone who has one can upload for me? Thanks in advance!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by manbeer Click here to enlarge
    Read on my 08 135i shows this as the version. Never seen this one before and i couldnt find any in the downloads section to work with. Any way someone who has one can upload for me? Thanks in advance!
    Probably an old version, hasn't been to BMW in a while I presume. You could try to update the DME with inpa and all that jazz, or just try to upload an IJE0S bin if it's a MSD81 or I8A0S if it's MSD80 (might have to force write). There is a IF80S xdf but you'd have to copy/paste all the relevant tables, and there's like 12.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Thats kind of what i was thinking. Wasnt sure if it would screw with anything though as i dont have a backup file. Is there any easy way to determine if im msd80 or 81?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

"Module ID" on the flash utility should say MSD80 or MSD81 when you click ID ECU button. I think build dates after April 2008 got the MSD81, before got the MSD80, or something like that. I'm 95% sure IF80S is a MSD81 file so IJE0S .bin should work fine. I'd probably still make a backup, just throw it on a charger, it doesn't take that long... if you're concerned about a small charger you can pull your fuel pump fuse, it's location 70 in the glovebox.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yeah the car has a Dinan tune so i cant make a backup and thats why i am reluctant. Im also april 2008 build date so im kinda in that grey area. Realoem shows me as msd 81 but also shows the mrs 335 which is 12/2006 prod date as ms81 which i find doubtful since ive run all i8AOS maps

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Bavarian technic id'd it as msd80. Start flash and it was taking forever. Computer crashed during the process. Awesome. Looks like a long night ahead