Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Obioban Click here to enlarge
    Strangely I completely agree with you. Feels weird.

Surprised we're not hearing more from the Tuning Tech FS camp :cough KhanArt:

Click here to enlarge Lol, yet another forum where you go talking about me. Which is it.. Are you still mad that I didn't meet up to race you after your countless requests over pm's when you found out my car is making 10whp more than yours and the same tq. When my car is on the stock muffler, stock air box, and NON stepped headers. Where you have a full Super Sprint set up STEPPED headers to muffler, pulleys, and airbox.

Or is it that I was able to achieve what I did without using your exhaust manufacturer and tuner of choice?

The answer is both! lol

I have dyno'd on multiple dyno's now, including a independent dynojet in SAE and my numbers are consistent, I have the delta's to prove it, everything has been documented. Not just that other cars have gotten independent dyno's as well and have made the same or less on them then TTFS.

Take your Shiit elsewhere, this isn't M3F where you have your nut swingers to tag along.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by KhanArt Click here to enlarge
    Take your Shiit elsewhere, this isn't M3F where you have your nut swingers to tag along.
    Truth.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Wondering when some tuners might chime in on this!! Seems like posting graphs isn't enough to prove that a stock e46 m3 can dyno higher than 275whp on a dynojet.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by B00stGeek Click here to enlarge
    Wondering when some tuners might chime in on this!! Seems like posting graphs isn't enough to prove that a stock e46 m3 can dyno higher than 275whp on a dynojet.
    Tuners own graphs support this. It doesn't dyno 300 whp. It's a 333 hp car with 15% drivetrain losses basically right on the money. It isn't underrated like the new turbo cars. Never once has anyone claimed the E46 M3 was underrated.

Holy crap this is not news.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Tuners own graphs support this. It doesn't dyno 300 whp. It's a 333 hp car with 15% drivetrain losses basically right on the money. It isn't underrated like the new turbo cars. Never once has anyone claimed the E46 M3 was underrated.

Holy crap this is not news.
    There are cars out there that have come from the factory a little beefier than others. #fact

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by B00stGeek Click here to enlarge
    There are cars out there that have come from the factory a little beefier than others. #fact
    All cars vary. Not by enough to create fairy tales though.

E46 M3 with Supersprint headers:

Click here to enlarge

Dyno Dynamics 301 after tune, underdrive pulleys, headers, and full exhaust:

Click here to enlarge

Stock motor with 3.91 diff:

Click here to enlarge

With headers 288, after tune and headers 305:

Click here to enlarge

#fact you don't know what you're talking about

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Off the top of my head I have probably seen As high as 280's on a completely stock M3 and as low as 260's on a dyno dynamics. 300whp on completely stock I have not.
    Last edited by KhanArt; 05-02-2014 at 10:28 PM.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    bone stock engine just wont make 250wtq on a normal dynojet. 250wtq from a 3.246L engine with 262tq at fly is just not reality.

the S54 is not an underrated engine so stock should be 230rwtq +/- and you dont get 9% variations with factory freak nonsense.

No factory naturally aspirated engines makes 88lb-ft/L at the crank even today only porsche have really eclipsed BMW S54 which was the benchmark for a long time and Porsche did it with the GT3 RS flat sixes.

some dynos read higher than others due to lots of reasons thats why generally a dyno number in isolation is pretty meaningless

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by digger Click here to enlarge
    and you dont get 9% variations with factory freak nonsense
    No kidding especially on an M motor already making over 100 hp per liter. Someone thinks you are going to get another 30 whp somehow? Yeah, that would be a nice surprise gift from BMW.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    No kidding especially on an M motor already making over 100 hp per liter. Someone thinks you are going to get another 30 whp somehow? Yeah, that would be a nice surprise gift from BMW.
    So what are your thoughts on KhanArt claiming his car making 328rwhp with stock headers/cams/intake manifold, on a dyno that supposedly reads lower than an SAE dynojet? I'd link you to the thread where he claimed it, but you have it so I can't post links Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So what are your thoughts on KhanArt claiming his car making 328rwhp with stock headers/cams/intake manifold, on a dyno that supposedly reads lower than an SAE dynojet? I'd link you to the thread where he claimed it, but you have it so I can't post links Click here to enlarge
    I think its weird you are obsessed with him and I think you should go back where you came from.

He isn't lying and has a ton of graphs. He doesn't have some insane agenda. Frank Smith can tune and has more than enough results to show that.

There are a lot of graphs here from his car, what is he trying to accomplish? Getting some internet bragging rights with fake graphs? I think you are making a mountain out of nothing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You idiot, I don't know how many times it's been explained to you that particular dyno dynamics reads the same as a dynojet. Graphs have been presented to you of cars reading within a few hp of each other on that dyno and independent dynojets including my car. I really don't think that you are that dumb but just trying to spread false information. If you can't figure that out by comparing two graphs then you shouldn't even post.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge

Hi my name is Ian (obioban) I am a S54 expert but can't read graphs. I'm still a cool dude though. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You idiot, I don't know how many times it's been explained to you that particular dyno dynamics reads the same as a dynojet. Graphs have been presented to you of cars reading within a few hp of each other on that dyno and independent dynojets including my car. I really don't think that you are that dumb but just trying to spread false information. If you can't figure that out by comparing two graphs then you shouldn't even post.
    WTF, he's complaining about a Dyno Dynamics graph?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    http://i1034.photobucket.com/albums/a421/Surge709/M3/IMG_0066.jpg

Hi my name is Ian (obioban) I am a S54 expert but can't read graphs. I'm still a cool dude though. Click here to enlarge
    Bro don't stoop to that what for? Why let this $#@! get under your skin?

We're arguing about bolt on E46 M3's? It's 2002 again?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ian, you are barking up the wrong tree.

I have overlayed Sal's tunes and dyno runs (all 28 of them) with Frank's on the same hardware, and same dyno with worse conditions.

It isn't pretty.

Rather than get caught in the mudslinging vendor game - I just stick to the cars and the technology. I suggest you do the same.

Sal and Frank can both tune.

Frank can actually turn a wrench.

That is the difference.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Im just saying what I can't say on another forum. The amount of data out there is massive when itcomes to TTFS. So just because one documented S54 tuned by Frank is putting down great numbers we need to call BS? Ian wouldn't be saying a word if I was tuned by evovle and had supersprint exhaust components. My car was strong even before Frank touched it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    At the time you said that dyno read lower than a dynojet, but, let's go with "the same as" instead.

I'm curious what Sticky thinks of a stock header/cam/intake manifold e46 M3 putting down 328rwhp on FS's "same as dynojet" dyno?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm curious what Sticky thinks of a stock header/cam/intake manifold e46 M3 putting down 328rwhp on FS's "same as dynojet" dyno?
    I'm trying to figure out what your issue is or why there is a problem. The Dyno Dynamics has several modes that will all show the peak numbers differently. It won't be 100% the same as a Dynojet. Trying to compare peak numbers from different dynamometers is trying to hit a moving target.

What is the problem exactly?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Im just saying what I can't say on another forum. The amount of data out there is massive when itcomes to TTFS. So just because one documented S54 tuned by Frank is putting down great numbers we need to call BS? Ian wouldn't be saying a word if I was tuned by evovle and had supersprint exhaust components. My car was strong even before Frank touched it.
    Look if I were to guess here what this boils down to is him selling Evolve tunes and so he thinks to get sales he needs to attack TTFS or whatever Frank tunes. I think that's absurd and if I know Evolve they do not like being a part of things like that because they have seen their fair on the receiving end from ESS and their fanboys.

So I think if you ask @TTFS and @evolve / @Imran@Evolve they don't give a crap about this pissing contest.

I think there is nothing to this attack. It's pointless.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm trying to figure out what your issue is or why there is a problem. The Dyno Dynamics has several modes that will all show the peak numbers differently. It won't be 100% the same as a Dynojet. Trying to compare peak numbers from different dynamometers is trying to hit a moving target.

What is the problem exactly?
    The problem was that they were claiming that they were dynojet equivalent numbers. My point was that they were not Click here to enlarge

Look if I were to guess here what this boils down to is him selling Evolve tunes and so he thinks to get sales he needs to attack TTFS or whatever Frank tunes. I think that's absurd and if I know Evolve they do not like being a part of things like that because they have seen their fair on the receiving end from ESS and their fanboys.

So I think if you ask editing out links herethey don't give a crap about this pissing contest.

I think there is nothing to this attack. It's pointless.
    I am not and have never been an Evolve dealer. I have never sold a single product of theirs.

For that matter, I'm not even a sponsor on M3F (or anywhere else) anymore.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The problem was that they were claiming that they were dynojet equivalent numbers. My point was that they were not
    This is some stunning revelation? It's not going to be exactly 100% that isn't possible. Frank Smith has said himself on his dynographs posted that you pay attention to the delta. A perfect scenario for comparisons across different dynos does not exist.

I am not and have never been an Evolve dealer. I have never sold a single product of theirs.

For that matter, I'm not even a sponsor on M3F (or anywhere else) anymore.
    Ok well you did sell tunes and I guess it was ESS? I don't know, I don't pay attention to you.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ok well you did sell tunes and I guess it was ESS? I don't know, I don't pay attention to you.
    Apparently not-- I've never sold any tunes.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Apparently not-- I've never sold any tunes.
    My mistake I could have sworn you were a vendor. It's not important anyway.

This whole issue is a non-issue IMO.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123