Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

RB install engine lift

Hey

I'm installing RB's and have got stuck on installing the front turbo.

Rear one fit fine and is now complete.

I am unable to fit the front turbo through the gap. I have all the oil and coolant lines fitted already.

Do I have to get and engine stand and lift it?
    What have you guys done.

really appreciate some help

I have a jack under the clutch but it doesn't seem safe to push it up for the amount i need (about 20mm)

Cheers
    2007 335i 6Spd RB Stealths

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

I think we have some guys who installed their own RB's. Let bump this and get you an answer.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

To make more room, I would undue both sides of the engine mounts and raise the engine 2-3" with a jack or cherry picker to make enough room for you to squeeze the turbo in from under. My .02 cents.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    No need to move the engine at all. The front one is a PITA if you have no experience. Pull the water line off the turbo. Just leave the one on the block as you cant get those later. Here is our install tips, keep in mind these are tips and not step by step instructions, these are not easy to install, take your time or you will do the job twice, imagine how fun that is...Click here to enlarge They will work just as well for RB's as any other stock frame turbo. Good luck, if you need direct assistance shoot me an email. Tony@vargasturbo.com.

Attached Images Attached Images

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks, i did what tony said. No need to lift aything

Up to installing DP's and can't wait.

Yes i did things twice alot. I was thinking about how Tony would have to do this 10 times to get the stage twos going.
    2007 335i 6Spd RB Stealths

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by brendanrule Click here to enlarge
    Thanks, i did what tony said. No need to lift aything

Up to installing DP's and can't wait.

Yes i did things twice alot. I was thinking about how Tony would have to do this 10 times to get the stage twos going.
    Not quite sure what that means, but your welcome.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Not quite sure what that means, but your welcome.
    lol
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.