Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 45
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    119
    Rep Points
    548.6
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

    E60 M5 / E63 M6 Stage 1 Supercharger Kit Special - $13500 Installed In-House or Free Shipping

    Click here to enlarge


    We are having a special on our E6X M5/M6 Stage 1 Supercharger Kit!

    Retail Price: $15995 + Shipping

    Special Price: $13500 + Free In-House Install or Shipping

    Boost is approximately 7.5 psi and you can expect gains of 150+whp and 100+wtq.

    Our complete kit consists of:
    Self-contained Vortech supercharger
    Supercharger bracket
    Pulleys and s/c belt
    Carbon fiber intake system
    Air filter
    Air to liquid cooled intake manifold
    Water reservoir
    Air to liquid heat exchanger
    Spark plugs
    Fuel injectors
    External water pump
    Blow off valve (recirculated)
    Aeroquip hoses
    XRP A/N fittings

    Please let me know if you have any questions.

    Office: 818-787-8260
    Email: Charles@gintani.com

    Thank you! Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge




    Last edited by Sales@Gintani.com; 04-24-2014 at 05:29 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,826
    Rep Points
    31,567.3
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    91 octane numbers? Insane.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    119
    Rep Points
    548.6
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    91 octane numbers? Insane.
    Yes, 91 as you know our state doesn't want to provide us the good stuff! Click here to enlarge

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    641
    Rep Points
    720.8
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Why a stock box on one side? The stock box as been shown to not flow enough past 5,500rpm for modded cars, i would assume there is a bit of power left on the table here aswell? I am sure that stock box cant flow enough air for that great SC.
    ///M5 LCI
    "It's like the F10 is the 911 Turbo to the E60's GT3" -Pistonheads (M5 feature)

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,826
    Rep Points
    31,567.3
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Promoted to front page with small addition and changes:

    M5 and M6 owners have been waiting a long time for forced induction options. Some people made some bold claims early on (ASR... cough cough) and the early days of S85 V10 forced induction setups showed disastrous results. The S85 V10 is a very capable motor and the S65 V8 is essentially the same thing with two cylinder missing. If the S65 does well with boost the S85 should do even better. Well, it does as the 646 wheel horsepower dyno on 91 octane from Gintani shows.


    There is much more room in this motor and there finally are some reliable supercharger options on the market. M5/M6 owners tend to be an older crowd that does not modify quite as much but these results are hard to ignore.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Louisville ky
    Posts
    716
    Rep Points
    551.3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Reputation: Yes | No
    This is really cool so don't take my next comment the wrong way. I can't get that excited over this though. It's long overdue and the s65 turbo kit is in the works and coming out relatively soon (hopefully) after that comes out I don't imagine it would be that hard to adapt it to work with the s85 platform... That's something I can get excited about!


    Also I second that question. Why the stock air box? Like previously stated their are better options out there

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,826
    Rep Points
    31,567.3
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    I don't know what took so long but it sure seems like the S85 ending up being more complicated than the S65 for whatever reason.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    1,076
    Rep Points
    908.3
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I don't know what took so long but it sure seems like the S85 ending up being more complicated than the S65 for whatever reason.
    because it was tightly stuffed into fat pigs
    '08 535xi - fbo

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,826
    Rep Points
    31,567.3
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    I think there may be a tuning component to it though. Maybe Gintani will let us know.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    498
    Rep Points
    252.6
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Reputation: Yes | No
    hmmmm.... I've always loved the E60 m6/m5. This would make it worthwhile. An extra 150whp should put the car into f10 range if not low 11s. You add in a Vac stroker and stage 3 heads you'd easily have a 10 second beast for under 60k!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Louisville ky
    Posts
    716
    Rep Points
    551.3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I think there may be a tuning component to it though. Maybe Gintani will let us know.
    Doesn't it have a similar ecu? set up to the z4m

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,826
    Rep Points
    31,567.3
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by onisyndicate Click here to enlarge
    hmmmm.... I've always loved the E60 m6/m5. This would make it worthwhile. An extra 150whp should put the car into f10 range if not low 11s. You add in a Vac stroker and stage 3 heads you'd easily have a 10 second beast for under 60k!
    This is capable of 10's as it sits.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,826
    Rep Points
    31,567.3
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by G0TB00ST? Click here to enlarge
    Doesn't it have a similar ecu? set up to the z4m
    I think so but the programming is likely different. I don't know I wondered why the tuning on the S85 kits seemed more difficult than the S65.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,608
    Rep Points
    3,236.6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    33


    Reputation: Yes | No
    What blower head are they using for this?

    Torque looks good.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,826
    Rep Points
    31,567.3
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    What blower head are they using for this?

    Torque looks good.
    Probably the V3si?

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    HG Motorsports
    Posts
    386
    Rep Points
    512.8
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Probably the V3si?
    Looks just like my V3si and I think it would be a good choice for this motor at those power levels. I rode in an ESS VT2-650 M5 last week with a V3si and I thought it was excellent. Gintani is always doing great things in the BMW FI scene so it's great to see them enter this market.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,826
    Rep Points
    31,567.3
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Remonster Click here to enlarge
    Looks just like my V3si and I think it would be a good choice for this motor at those power levels. I rode in an ESS VT2-650 M5 last week with a V3si and I thought it was excellent. Gintani is always doing great things in the BMW FI scene so it's great to see them enter this market.
    A little birdie told me they are going to fit a YSI...

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    1,076
    Rep Points
    908.3
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    A little birdie told me they are going to fit a YSI...
    read: it is 100% a sure thing they are going to fit a ysi
    '08 535xi - fbo

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    974
    Rep Points
    442.4
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Reputation: Yes | No
    That's a great deal for 13,5...with that sexy carbon intake too? No-brainer if you can afford it. And hopefully scalable with bigger blowers/more boost, especially with a built engine. If the S65 can hit 4 digits reliably on boost, I would think it should be no problem for the S85 to go there easily. Really, really excited to see how this goes and how far they take this. And the turbo idea would be interesting to explore...

    This + DCT swap = watch the $#@! out.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    119
    Rep Points
    548.6
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 5soko Click here to enlarge
    Why a stock box on one side? The stock box as been shown to not flow enough past 5,500rpm for modded cars, i would assume there is a bit of power left on the table here aswell? I am sure that stock box cant flow enough air for that great SC.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by G0TB00ST? Click here to enlarge
    This is really cool so don't take my next comment the wrong way. I can't get that excited over this though. It's long overdue and the s65 turbo kit is in the works and coming out relatively soon (hopefully) after that comes out I don't imagine it would be that hard to adapt it to work with the s85 platform... That's something I can get excited about!


    Also I second that question. Why the stock air box? Like previously stated their are better options out there
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I think there may be a tuning component to it though. Maybe Gintani will let us know.
    The stock airbox with a drop-in filter flows just fine on modded S85's. It is actually the best setup to go with. No one else can design a better airbox than BMW themselves. Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    What blower head are they using for this?

    Torque looks good.
    As others have stated, we are using the Vortech V3Si.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rawad1017 Click here to enlarge
    read: it is 100% a sure thing they are going to fit a ysi
    We have changed our mind on the YSI blower, we will be going a different route.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,826
    Rep Points
    31,567.3
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sales@Gintani.com Click here to enlarge
    The stock airbox with a drop-in filter flows just fine on modded S85's. It is actually the best setup to go with. No one else can design a better airbox than BMW themselves. Click here to enlarge

    As others have stated, we are using the Vortech V3Si.

    We have changed our mind on the YSI blower, we will be going a different route.
    Would you chime in on why the S85 took longer than the S65 and isn't developed to the same degree? Is it the ECU? Packaging? Market? Everything?

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    119
    Rep Points
    548.6
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Would you chime in on why the S85 took longer than the S65 and isn't developed to the same degree? Is it the ECU? Packaging? Market? Everything?
    We originally had it developed years ago, but after someone else copying our product, we chose to re-engineer it to make it the best S85 kit in the market.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Kingdom of Bahrain
    Posts
    2,698
    Rep Points
    2,103.3
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    22


    Reputation: Yes | No
    This looks like an awesome kit especially as it has the heat exchanger. Very important for hotter regions.
    Click here to enlarge



    EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    819
    Rep Points
    759.6
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Reputation: Yes | No
    V3si vs. V2ti? Just googled. No oil lines for V3.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    119
    Rep Points
    548.6
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BigM62 Click here to enlarge
    V3si vs. V2ti? Just googled. No oil lines for V3.
    V3Si. It's a self-contained blower.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •