Close

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135pats Click here to enlarge
    The Porsche looks scary as fak.

But Sticky's car would put a walk on a lot of those cars, i'd think.
    I see him taking several cars up with ease up to a point on the list. But most of that list is got some serious hitters on it. That V is 1100whp on pump, that Porsche stopped the dyno at 1000whp so I would say there's more than meets the eye. Had he agreed we would have detailed each car, its mods and whp to keep it honest. No games or hiding... However its not happening and that's fine, it would have been fun to see the M run in anger locally.
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    I see him taking several cars up with ease up to a point on the list. But most of that list is got some serious hitters on it. That V is 1100whp on pump, that Porsche stopped the dyno at 1000whp so I would say there's more than meets the eye. Had he agreed we would have detailed each car, its mods and whp to keep it honest. No games or hiding... However its not happening and that's fine, it would have been fun to see the M run in anger locally.
    Well I totally see where you're coming from, I've heard the phrase "shut down some egos" a bunch of times, but not with clear direction. I'd love to see the cars laddered where you know they stand and let Sticky start with the slowest and work his way up the list, sounds pretty cool to me, I've love to do that with a another group of enthusiasts with my car
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The V owner has a better attitude and I will work things out regarding running him without any middle man. He seems to not have a problem sharing information on this setup and build either. It will not be as a grudge match, but as a video with data to serve as a useful and fun comparison. That is how I intend to do things.

No side bets, no betting money, no street racing, no egos, no internet challenges, simply a comparison of two vehicles.

I'm coming at this from a completely different way. Next month I have a huge network expansion taking place and I will also be launching a Youtube channel the following month which will be focused on tuning, racing, and automotive performance. Everything I do will be to benefit the aforementioned.

If it surprises anyone to know that does not include internet grudge matches from across the country for money well then so be it. I have my own goals to accomplish and I will go about them in the way I decide is best and nobody will change that.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    Good video, too bad the Vette couldn't hook better, he must not have had his normal race ready wheel/tires since he also wasn't on kill mode. Fast Porsche though, must be a handful with that kinda power.
    Temps were in the 40's on that run and the Vette just couldn't put the power down. Mind you that's with the boost turned down. Its just over 1500whp on kill
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well I totally see where you're coming from, I've heard the phrase "shut down some egos" a bunch of times, but not with clear direction. I'd love to see the cars laddered where you know they stand and let Sticky start with the slowest and work his way up the list, sounds pretty cool to me, I've love to do that with a another group of enthusiasts with my car
    The M5, 335, Z06 and CLS are the slowest cars on the list... For perspective that 335 is going from a TT setup to a single and expected to make 600whp roughly. The M5 is exhaust and a flash to be done soon. The Z06 is heads/cam/intake running upper tens over 132 on stock tires. The CLS55 was supercharged and is now TT, its trapping low 130's and high 10's. Those are the slowest of that group...

The Z is a problem IMO, going for TT to single and will make over 700whp on low boost for sure. The Vette is my car and its well into the 140's trap wise. The V and Porsche are self explanatory LOL... The GT500 is a 13 so stock it had 660hp. Its got a blower upgrade and supporting mods on it now... The list goes on but hopefully that gives some insight
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The M5, 335, Z06 and CLS are the slowest cars on the list... For perspective that 335 is going from a TT setup to a single and expected to make 600whp roughly. The M5 is exhaust and a flash to be done soon. The Z06 is heads/cam/intake running upper tens over 132 on stock tires. The CLS55 was supercharged and is now TT, its trapping low 130's and high 10's. Those are the slowest of that group...

The Z is a problem IMO, going for TT to single and will make over 700whp on low boost for sure. The Vette is my car and its well into the 140's trap wise. The V and Porsche are self explanatory LOL... The GT500 is a 13 so stock it had 660hp. Its got a blower upgrade and supporting mods on it now... The list goes on but hopefully that gives some insight
    Sounds like a well mixed group. Who's 335? Must be going with a smaller turbo. Ak335i's is well beyond that, as should mine be, that's why I ask. Ya'll should make the trip down here to FL2K 10/10-10/12

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Sounds like a well mixed group. Who's 335? Must be going with a smaller turbo. Ak335i's is well beyond that, as should mine be, that's why I ask. Ya'll should make the trip down here to FL2K 10/10-10/12

Mine...6266 gen 2, twinscroll 1.0 ar, ~3400lbs without me *full interior*. I don't believe in dyno figures...as Sledgehammer and the others know, I just run it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    @Sledgehammer we all knew this was some bs from the get go. Whether you made the offer, Danny or anyone from the group the answer would've been no.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Blaizon Click here to enlarge
    Mine...6266 gen 2, twinscroll 1.0 ar, ~3400lbs without me *full interior*. I don't believe in dyno figures...as Sledgehammer and the others know, I just run it.
    Ahhh ok, you do believe in datalogs though right? lol I'm interested in the spool on that. I'll be running the FP3586r.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @Sledgehammer we all knew this was some bs from the get go. Whether you made the offer, Danny or anyone from the group the answer would've been no.
    For sure. The 'group' highlights what is going on here.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i have a group of friends with 120-160plus trap cars i run with, its all fun buddies with mutual respect. when ur car is ready youll have to come down and crash at my place and we can go get runs in Click here to enlarge

right on
    i like ur style full interior as well.

and yes dyno figures dont always add up

i have a bud with a H/C/I/N c5 z06 that puts down high 500s? but does high tens at 138mph

so u just never know
    - Proven Power Tampa built 6466 ST -
    - N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq-
    -N54 WR 1/4mile trap: 133.57mph- -

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    For sure. The 'group' highlights what is going on here.
    Group meaning the group of cars... Lets not twist that into something its not!
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ak335i Click here to enlarge
    i have a group of friends with 120-160plus trap cars i run with, its all fun buddies with mutual respect. when ur car is ready youll have to come down and crash at my place and we can go get runs in Click here to enlarge
    Sounds good

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Group meaning the group of cars... Lets not twist that into something its not!
    I think I know exactly what it is.

I'll still consider doing an East Coast event but I don't like the manner in which you have gone about proposing things. We can all read between the lines and know what the intention truly is.

When I said I intend to go out to the East Coast and really across wherever because I'm in the fortunate position of being able to allocate my time however I please it is with the idea of car comparisons with enthusiasts. That's why comparing a built motor E92 M3 against a built motor CTS-V would make a fun youtube episode.

Maybe going out and doing some runs with the Max PSI E36. Maybe stopping by Active Autowerke and seeing what they have going on. Maybe taking a trip to AMS and riding in some GTR's. Maybe just having fun?

You want to bruise egos, street race, and race for slips or cash or whatever other thing? Heh. Well, you do your thing and I'll do mine.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Their cars aren't as fast as you think they are. I don't even know what you find so impressive when the real speed is in a certain E36.
    Tell me which part of the above quote I don't understand.

By your own words there is nothing impressive about our cars which to me is a put down against all the hard work Weistec has done. You of all people should know what is like to be at the forefront of creating something no one else has done.
    Click here to enlarge

I will quit being rude if you quit being stupid.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ecampbell Click here to enlarge
    Tell me which part of the above quote I don't understand.

By your own words there is nothing impressive
    How are the words 'fast' and 'impressive' the same thing?

He seems to think the cars are faster than mine. I'm saying they aren't. I didn't say they were not impressive.

You of all people should know what is like to be at the forefront of creating something no one else has done.
    Of course. I've seen a lot of the work and testing. That's why I said I respect the cars.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ahhh ok, you do believe in datalogs though right? lol I'm interested in the spool on that. I'll be running the FP3586r.
    Absolutely.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    How are the words 'fast' and 'impressive' the same thing?

He seems to think the cars are faster than mine. I'm saying they aren't. I didn't say they were not impressive.

Of course. I've seen a lot of the work and testing. That's why I said I respect the cars.
    Ok maybe I misunderstood. What has been your fastest and quickest 1/4 or 1/2 mile run so far?
    Click here to enlarge

I will quit being rude if you quit being stupid.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ok maybe I misunderstood. What has been your fastest and quickest 1/4 or 1/2 mile run so far?
    With the built motor half mile was 173 but with varying starting speeds, distance, and equipment 1/2 mile traps aren't much of anything to put any faith in as a standard.

I haven't run the built motor in the 1/4 yet I was actually hoping to do that against you or Jim as the first video to kick off the new boostaddict.com network.

Everyone else is focusing on minutiae while I'm thinking of tying everything into the big picture with long term goals.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    With the built motor half mile was 173 but with varying starting speeds, distance, and equipment 1/2 mile tarps aren't much of anything to put any faith in as a standard.

I haven't run the built motor in the 1/4 yet I was actually hoping to do that against your or Jim as the first video to kick off the new boostaddict.com network.

Everyone else is focusing on minutiae while I'm thinking of tying everything into the big picture with long term goals.
    I think Jim's best 1/2 was somewhere around 184 or so your getting there.

Im back from Rome Tuesday and will be getting hold of Steve as I have a couple of tweaks (not Miley and Tweaking) that I want to do which will require the car out west.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Im back from Rome Tuesday and will be getting hold of Steve as I have a couple of tweaks (not Miley and Tweaking) that I want to do which will require the car out west.
    Sounds good.

I think Jim's best 1/2 was somewhere around 184 or so your getting there.
    Slowly but surely.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Good video, too bad the Vette couldn't hook better, he must not have had his normal race ready wheel/tires since he also wasn't on kill mode. Fast Porsche though, must be a handful with that kinda power.
    It was 40*, but you must've not seen that the Vette was on a drag pack set of wheel (Weld Rims + DRs).

AS for that stupid bug, it put down a previous 4.69 60-130 in it's old setup and recently trapped 153 with a $#@! 60' so the Diff/Axles wouldn't break... Again. Sticky's car won't be slow (I'm guessing a 60-130 somewhere in the mid/high 5s if it hooks off the start), but while the most powerful cars will have relatively the same peak HP numbers, any of the high power TT cars will have much more area under the curve (specifically the difference in the TQ curves), which = faster car (especially as speed and air resistance increases).
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    AS for that stupid bug, it put down a previous 4.69 60-130 in it's old setup and recently trapped 153 with a $#@! 60' so the Diff/Axles wouldn't break... Again. Sticky's car won't be slow (I'm guessing a 60-130 somewhere in the mid/high 5s if it hooks off the start), but while the most powerful cars will have relatively the same peak HP numbers, any of the high power TT cars will have much more area under the curve (specifically the difference in the TQ curves), which = faster car (especially as speed and air resistance increases).
    It's cool you have an e-boner for that car and all but you completely misunderstand gearing, rpm, and how that influences torque at the tire. I wonder how a much less powerful car beat cars with 'more area under the curve' according to your logic. Your prediction here on paper didn't hold true in practice when somehow a low torque supercharged M3 beat cars which you say 'TQ = faster car' right? Your premise is flawed and that is why real world results don't support it.

If you are going to talk about area under the curve make sure you factor in 8500 rpm of area with a flat curve that increases torque toward redline. You just don't get it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It's cool you have an e-bonder for that car and all but you completely misunderstand gearing, rpm, and how that influences torque at the tire. I wonder how a much less powerful car beat cars with 'more area under the curve' according to your logic. Your prediction here on paper didn't hold true in practice when somehow a low torque supercharged M3 beat cars which you say '= faster car' right? Your premise is flawed and that is why real world results don't support it.

If you are going to talk about area under the curve make sure you factor in 8500 rpm of area with a flat curve that increases torque toward redline. You just don't get it.
    Seems like the only car mentioned that could compete in terms of rpms would be the e46 m3.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by B00stGeek Click here to enlarge
    Seems like the only car mentioned that could compete in terms of rpms would be the e46 m3.
    I mean, sure, the E46 M3 is a strong car thanks to its 8000 redline and volumetric efficiency. Boost goes a long way on it. But it showed even when turbocharged that competing against a DCT M3 is tough even it has more power or torque.

Assuming equal power, the E92 M3 will win by virtue of its shift speed and extra RPM. That said, the S54 is a great motor.

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast