Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Torque Max Index table

I currently run a stacked procede with my own customized backend flash to control AFR's.

The backend flash retains OEM load values in the tables since the piggy is controlling boost and sending "false" stock boost values to the DME.

So by deduction....all the other tables which reference load will see values equating to stock load and stock boost.

I see a lot of logs on here that start WOT below 3K rpm and maintain around 10 degrees + of timing in lower rpms.

However, when I go WOT at 3K rpm I always seem to get a timing adjustment which I believe is due to load being exceeded. If I ease into full throttle by 4K.....timing is fine and will stay around 9-10 degrees.....I presume due to the lower load being presented by part throttle.

So my question is whether adjusting the Torque Max index table will perhaps help raise timing when applying full throttle at low rpm?

According to the Cobb reference material: "Torque Max (Index) - Used to look up the max torque value that the Requested Torque % tables can use. Tuning Tips – Raise these values to 110 to remove limitations."

Just wondering if this is a standard table to adjust in order to prevent torque intervention adjustments by the DME.

What have been your experiences in curbing the torque nannys?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

I can tell you that upstairs it does nothing for timing outside of serving as some type of lookup; I’ve fooled with it as part of looking into the post-shift flatline. But down low I’m not sure, and I see your point.

Experiment Click here to enlarge
    E88 N54 Alpinweiss/Coral Red/Motiv HTA 3586r Tial .82AR/Motiv Port Fuel/BMR 3.5" Exhaust/ER CP/Synapse/VRSF FMIC/Rob Beck PCV Valve + Cap/ST Coilovers/M3 FCA + Tension Rods/M3 Subframe Bushings/M3 FSB/AA Strutbrace/DINAN Camber Plates/Apex ARC-8/Project Kics/VAC Hubs/Rogue Transmission Mounts/Alpina TCU Flash/Icarbon/Kerscher/BMW Performance
    F30 335 X-Drive EBII....Stock
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

I think @Terry adjusted the piggy to report lower than stock load back to the DME as a means of getting higher timing post-shift and it seems pretty successful.

Unfortunately Procede did not follow that strategy.....would require some firmware changes which are beyond the end user.

That's why I was wondering whether there is a way to manipulate torque nannys via tunerpro and the backend flash.....seems very similar to Cobb and lot's of Cobb logs on here showing full timing at low rpm/high load.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DCAFS Click here to enlarge
    I think @Terry adjusted the piggy to report lower than stock load back to the DME as a means of getting higher timing post-shift and it seems pretty successful.

Unfortunately Procede did not follow that strategy.....would require some firmware changes which are beyond the end user.

That's why I was wondering whether there is a way to manipulate torque nannys via tunerpro and the backend flash.....seems very similar to Cobb and lot's of Cobb logs on here showing full timing at low rpm/high load.
    Gotcha. Sorry I can’t be of more help, I just don’t know tunerpro and the relevant table definitions well enough.

Just my experience, but I’m beginning to lean more and more towards the timing issue being one of duty cycle, rather than load. There is something about the post shift duty cycle tables that the DME doesn’t want to see on a flash only car. That’s hardly a solution, but my testing along with what I’ve seen from the protune lead me in that direction. Ultimately I think load is only a part of the equation RE: the flatline.
    E88 N54 Alpinweiss/Coral Red/Motiv HTA 3586r Tial .82AR/Motiv Port Fuel/BMR 3.5" Exhaust/ER CP/Synapse/VRSF FMIC/Rob Beck PCV Valve + Cap/ST Coilovers/M3 FCA + Tension Rods/M3 Subframe Bushings/M3 FSB/AA Strutbrace/DINAN Camber Plates/Apex ARC-8/Project Kics/VAC Hubs/Rogue Transmission Mounts/Alpina TCU Flash/Icarbon/Kerscher/BMW Performance
    F30 335 X-Drive EBII....Stock
    Click here to enlarge