Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

Post COBB ATR FAQ/Tips/Tricks Thread

I think it's a good idea to start this. If you have anything to contribute with your experiences using ATR post them in here!

Here are some I've picked up:

1. To disable lean spool across the board, set the "Spool Mode Max RPM" table under "Boost Control Tables" to a low value in RPM's, such as below idle. I like to use 100. This seems to create a more stable AFR at low throttle/boost build conditions. I did not see any perceptible increase in lag.

2. For automatic cars, you can have a different throttle calibration for DS/M mode by differing "Requested Torque % (Low)" (The M/DS calibration) from "Requested Torque % (High)" (The D mode calibration). Works with the Alpina Flash.

3. Easiest way to account for/correct for throttle closure at WOT credit @BuraQ:
    -Starting with an OTS map, revert back to stage 0's stock "WGDC (Base)" table and "WGDC Adder (Airflow)"
    -Set the "Boost Limit Multiplier" table to 2.300 across the board. Log car and increase this value in increments until you see throttle closure in your pull come back, then revert back to the last map that didn't have any, or minimal, closure.

4. Reduce the "WGDC Factor Multiplier" table's values to reduce the PID system's interaction with changing the wastegate duty cycles, making the car more reliant on the base table's values.

5. Disable speed limits by going to menu options Edit->Advanced Parameters->Toggles (Base) tab->check Disable Speed Limiter.

That should be a good start Click here to enlarge.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

Really good idea for sure. For the 6AT folks experimenting with various flatline “fixes”, one thing to remember

1. Be CAREFUL with the load to torque main tables. The high load cells have some type of causal effect on TCU line pressure during the shift event, or at least that’s what shows up in the logs. If you get too aggressive and pull out too much value from those cells, the shift will become extremely sloppy and messy. Start only in the highest load cells, and scale down slowly.
    E88 N54 Alpinweiss/Coral Red/Motiv HTA 3586r Tial .82AR/Motiv Port Fuel/BMR 3.5" Exhaust/ER CP/Synapse/VRSF FMIC/Rob Beck PCV Valve + Cap/ST Coilovers/M3 FCA + Tension Rods/M3 Subframe Bushings/M3 FSB/AA Strutbrace/DINAN Camber Plates/Apex ARC-8/Project Kics/VAC Hubs/Rogue Transmission Mounts/Alpina TCU Flash/Icarbon/Kerscher/BMW Performance
    F30 335 X-Drive EBII....PPK otherwise Stock
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

What I would like to know is how to raise my timing at low rpm full throttle.

I am sure it has something to do with load calculations........I only get full timing if I ease into the throttle gradually. If I stab it at 3K or so, timing takes a dive.

Already adjusted the load to torque limit tables downwards by about 75 to 95 points.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Up

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Let's get this going

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Thanks for the tips!
    For Sale:

- NX Express complete wet kit with Plug & Play fuel adapter for BMW 335i

- FBO parts here LINK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135pats Click here to enlarge

1. Be CAREFUL with the load to torque main tables. The high load cells have some type of causal effect on TCU line pressure during the shift event, or at least that’s what shows up in the logs. If you get too aggressive and pull out too much value from those cells, the shift will become extremely sloppy and messy. Start only in the highest load cells, and scale down slowly.
    It should be noted that this method has been verified on 6AT N54 cars only. It does not work the same on N54 DCT cars in fact lowering the value results in horrible post shift timing. An example of this is with the Cobb OTS map. Reverting the y axis back to stock map values is HIGHLY recommended for DCT users

I am still experiment with post shift values whenever I get the chance. In general it should be left alone other than reverting it back to stock map values for better post shift timing.

Furthermore, increasing too much value will get you a half engine light

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BuraQ Click here to enlarge
    It should be noted that this method has been verified on 6AT N54 cars only. It does not work the same on N54 DCT cars in fact lowering the value results in horrible post shift timing. An example of this is with the Cobb OTS map. Reverting the y axis back to stock map values is HIGHLY recommended for DCT users

I am still experiment with post shift values whenever I get the chance. In general it should be left alone other than reverting it back to stock map values for better post shift timing.

Furthermore, increasing too much value will get you a half engine light
    That's a good point, I have no experience on the DCT cars and ROMs so I can't speak to that.

I'm starting to wonder whether the flatline issue is actually a duty cycle issue after the shift, so this would be more in the heart of the table. I've seen a very brief duty cycle spike during the shift event, and it matches up with the timing dropout perfectly 9/10 times.

The work continues...
    E88 N54 Alpinweiss/Coral Red/Motiv HTA 3586r Tial .82AR/Motiv Port Fuel/BMR 3.5" Exhaust/ER CP/Synapse/VRSF FMIC/Rob Beck PCV Valve + Cap/ST Coilovers/M3 FCA + Tension Rods/M3 Subframe Bushings/M3 FSB/AA Strutbrace/DINAN Camber Plates/Apex ARC-8/Project Kics/VAC Hubs/Rogue Transmission Mounts/Alpina TCU Flash/Icarbon/Kerscher/BMW Performance
    F30 335 X-Drive EBII....PPK otherwise Stock
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135pats Click here to enlarge
    Really good idea for sure. For the 6AT folks experimenting with various flatline “fixes”, one thing to remember

When you say " Start only in the highest load cells, and scale down slowly" are you removing 5%, 10% ..?
    For Sale:

- NX Express complete wet kit with Plug & Play fuel adapter for BMW 335i

- FBO parts here LINK