Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

2011 M3 Competition Package - Yawn

So... no M3 GTS, but we get some lowering springs and a different set of wheels. Thanks BMW, we love you too.

A few weeks back we exclusively broke the news of the Competition package returning from a four year hiatus to the M3 Coupé. Like the previous version, this new package offers lighter 19″ Motorsport wheels and some subtle tweaks meant to offer an even greater level of performance. However where the previous version added interior alcantara, uprated brakes and some new steering components, this new package makes due with a slightly short lists of upgrades:

• 10mm lower suspension
    • 19” wheels with greater offset for a wider track.
    • Remapped (i.e. more aggressive) Electronic Damping Control and Dynamic Stability Control systems

The upside of course is price. Where the previous version was an over $4,000 option, the new Competition Package rings in at $2,500. Oh and it’s also available in four doors this time.
    Official Release: The Competition Package, available for the Coupé and the Sedan, and the retrofit options from the range of Original BMW Accessories specially developed for the M3 are just two possible ways of individualising the sports car. With a suspension lowered by some 10 mm and light alloy wheels in the size 9 x 19 inches at the front and Y-spoke design at the rear, the Competition Package provides further optimised longitudinal and transverse dynamics. In addition, the control of the electronic damper adjustment function EDC including a Sport mode specially developed for the Competition Package has been precisely adjusted to the chassis modifications by means of map-based control and the driving stability control function DSC.
    Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Meh, doesn't do much for me...unless they do a significant weight reduction atop what was aforementioned...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I will be driving the car with the ZCP package in May. I was hoping that news of the RS5 coming out would make BMW think more closely about making the engine a 4.4L. I guess we have yet to see.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BMW3R Click here to enlarge
    I will be driving the car with the ZCP package in May. I was hoping that news of the RS5 coming out would make BMW think more closely about making the engine a 4.4L. I guess we have yet to see.
    I honestly don't think BMW would really give us a 4.4 liter NA V8 M3... but if they did, I would bow in worship. The M3 GTS was the right move to silence many critics and I have tremendous respect for them showing they still listen, but they came up a little short by not giving us it in the USA.

I wrote a letter to BMW begging for a hardcore version of the M3 and they rolled out the GTS a half year later... my words were moving I guess Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge

I wrote a letter to BMW begging for a hardcore version of the M3 and they rolled out the GTS a half year later... my words were moving I guess Click here to enlarge
    except they didnt bring it here.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by tag824 Click here to enlarge
    guess i lost all my rep's... later bro's

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Pretty weak, but for the price, for someone that isn't into modding, it's a decent deal.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by shahsk Click here to enlarge
    except they didnt bring it here.
    Exactly... just like I said in the OP.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Thoought this vid was nicely done.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Twinturbom3 Click here to enlarge
    Keep on jealousing.