Close

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Mickey Thompson 305/45/18 drag radials.
    Yeah I'm thinking about either the MT's or Hoosier drags. I'll be getting 17" wheels for those though for track nights.

Right now I'm really looking at the BFG G-force T/A KDW's for a high performance daily. Not sure how they'd fair compared to a Nitto Invo.
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    Yeah I'm thinking about either the MT's or Hoosier drags. I'll be getting 17" wheels for those though for track nights.

Right now I'm really looking at the BFG G-force T/A KDW's for a high performance daily. Not sure how they'd fair compared to a Nitto Invo.
    If you do a quick burnout with the kdw tires or heat them up they stick really good. You try to dry stomp them before that and prepare for a hell of a ride with any kind of real power.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

michelin pss at that point to be honest, then again idk your criteria for a "high performance daily" tire would be so maybe one of your options could be better.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by godmachine Click here to enlarge
    If you do a quick burnout with the kdw tires or heat them up they stick really good. You try to dry stomp them before that and prepare for a hell of a ride with any kind of real power.
    Good to know on the bfg. My main concern with them is how they would fair in rain
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SSO95 Click here to enlarge
    michelin pss at that point to be honest, then again idk your criteria for a "high performance daily" tire would be so maybe one of your options could be better.
    Honestly I think PSS are just overpriced. I'd rather save and get the info. I'm really looking for the most aggressive tire that can hold up in wet weather better than drag radials. I was looking at the toyo r888 but I don't think they'll be good enough in rain.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Star Specs
    E88 N54 Alpinweiss/Coral Red/Motiv HTA 3586r Tial .82AR/Motiv Port Fuel/BMR 3.5" Exhaust/ER CP/Synapse/VRSF FMIC/Rob Beck PCV Valve + Cap/ST Coilovers/M3 FCA + Tension Rods/M3 Subframe Bushings/M3 FSB/AA Strutbrace/DINAN Camber Plates/Apex ARC-8/Project Kics/VAC Hubs/Rogue Transmission Mounts/Alpina TCU Flash/Icarbon/Kerscher/BMW Performance
    F30 335 X-Drive EBII....PPK otherwise Stock
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I guess I'll go with the KW's. Going to see how much they are.

The basic ones are all I need?

The basic ones are all you need.

http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...spension-links
    E92 N54 3368lbs

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Well too late I got the v3s no big deal.

The lockdown kit is not on the car yet I don't know if it will make a big difference or not.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Sticky's car
    Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

jk Sticky, hope to see your car in action.

INB4 BAN

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

hahahahahaha the unicorn
    '08 535xi - fbo

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135idct Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

that doesnt prove anything Click here to enlarge
    m3

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Good to know on the bfg. My main concern with them is how they would fair in rain

Honestly I think PSS are just overpriced. I'd rather save and get the info. I'm really looking for the most aggressive tire that can hold up in wet weather better than drag radials. I was looking at the toyo r888 but I don't think they'll be good enough in rain.
    I've heard that R888's need some heat in them or they're useless, PSS are overpriced but I've only read reviews that have justified said price. Never driven a car with them on personally, but I hope you're happy with whatever decision you come to.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SSO95 Click here to enlarge
    I've heard that R888's need some heat in them or they're useless, PSS are overpriced but I've only read reviews that have justified said price. Never driven a car with them on personally, but I hope you're happy with whatever decision you come to.
    r888s hooked for me in second gear in 50 degree weather and behaved completely civilly in the rain and I DD them for two years on my 135i in 275/35/17... PSS are no where near the r888s in the ability to hook in a straight line... not even remotely close but they are a good all around tire. With Joe's power PSS will not hook at 80mph.. R888s will most likely hook in second at 40mph... I got PSS on my e92 right after i got them and regretted the decision daily... they are not terrible but they are not a stand out tire IMO and I care most about straight line performance.

PSS become useless below 60 degrees... I drove my r888s on nice days in the winter and hooked... I am not lying or making anything up... There is a reason you see most gtrs with them or atleast the gtrs i see in NY... I said it before as did @themyst , i prefer my dws over the PSS in every aspect but turn in and its not that far behind.
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    r888s hooked for me in second gear in 50 degree weather and behaved completely civilly in the rain and I DD them for two years on my 135i in 275/35/17... PSS are no where near the r888s in the ability to hook in a straight line... not even remotely close but they are a good all around tire. With Joe's power PSS will not hook at 80mph.. R888s will most likely hook in second at 40mph... I got PSS on my e92 right after i got them and regretted the decision daily... they are not terrible but they are not a stand out tire IMO and I care most about straight line performance.

PSS become useless below 60 degrees... I drove my r888s on nice days in the winter and hooked... I am not lying or making anything up... There is a reason you see most gtrs with them or atleast the gtrs i see in NY... I said it before as did @themyst , i prefer my dws over the PSS in every aspect but turn in and its not that far behind.
    Great input, honestly hearing first hand experiences blow reviews out of the water. Hopefully @mjmarovi gets a look at this.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

I think people really ignore one major thing, maybe I live in a warm place so they perform better but I have made the choice to go PSS over thr R888's and I have been completely happy. When people say PSS are overpriced get R888's what they are forgetting to mention is, you will go through 2 sets of R888's by the time you go through one set of PSS. So take whatever you are paying for the R888's and double it then do a comparison to the PSS, because in the end, that is the true cost.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    I think people really ignore one major thing, maybe I live in a warm place so they perform better but I have made the choice to go PSS over thr R888's and I have been completely happy. When people say PSS are overpriced get R888's what they are forgetting to mention is, you will go through 2 sets of R888's by the time you go through one set of PSS. So take whatever you are paying for the R888's and double it then do a comparison to the PSS, because in the end, that is the true cost.
    this is certainly accurate.. being in cali where you can drive year round i can see going through atleast another set.. With r888s in NY when you can drive with them youll go through 1.5 sets or so... driven daily ... in NY we get 5-6 months of heat and the rest is chilly... so i can see them being more cost effective for sure...

I mean i bought them, they were on my car took them off with 14k on them and they have plenty of tread left where r888 would be near demise... so they are good in that regard, but thats why i went with conti dws now bc when we get the random dusting out of no where in NY my car drives entirely perfect with the DWS where 1/3 inch of snow makes my car a life threatening $#@! with the PSS on it. Xmas eve we got a light dusting , with my wife and 3 month daughter got caught in unexpected flurry after a long day and the car couldnt accel at all without going sideways with traction on... Thats what made me ditch them...

my 135 was my pre family fun car so i wouldnt reallly drive it in the winter knowing it had no chance, i am forced to not drive my subaru pos beater now with the baby as i dont trust its safety features (99 leg gt sedan) so i needed a tire to get me around in snow and the dws is amazing.. so for me it is dws in fall/winter and r888 in spring / summer... allows me to buy 1 set of r888s and two seasons or more from dws'...

PSS are def better that maj other two choices he mentioned... I would look at the new dunlops too they are good...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

stickys MT's will be perfect for him as well... quality set of tires... he should hook with no problems at all

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Yeah, for anyone not realizing this, that is true, and PSS have a great reputation for lasting a longer while, which is probably why they are on so many production vehicles.

But for me:

Quite literally I'm in one of the warmest areas of the United States and we see the highest number of sunny days than anyone else, so I'm not worried about cold weather or anything. We do however get lots of rain the summer, it comes fast, hard, and quick and then is gone, that's my only concern. I could honestly care less how long they last, it's more about how well they perform.
    @ChuckD05 that is some awesome input. I'm actually really glad to here how the R888's did in rain cause that's my main concern. My BFG G-force DR's are pretty bad in the rain. Any experience with the BFG G-force T/A? That's the other main tire I was looking at. I don't think I'm going to go with INVO's again, even though I only had a short experience with them on 20" wheels and they were surprisingly good for a 25 ratio...LOL and looked cool as hell

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    stickys MT's will be perfect for him as well... quality set of tires... he should hook with no problems at all
    I'm going to have a separate set of wheels/tires for the dragstrip. I want my daily setup to be good enough for roll racing and cornering some fun roads in my area and not be horrible in the rain. I'll be putting down 600+whp with ease, so I'm not sure something like a DWS, PSS, or INVO would fair so well even from a 40-50mph roll

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

I'm going to have a separate set of wheels/tires for the dragstrip. I want my daily setup to be good enough for roll racing and cornering some fun roads in my area and not be horrible in the rain. I'll be putting down 600+whp with ease, so I'm not sure something like a DWS, PSS, or INVO would fair so well even from a 40-50mph roll

I had the kdw way back when in 2006ish on my g35 coupe... dont really remember much but the whacky tread pattern...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

how long til we get some numbers?

Click here to enlarge

/
    //A L E X A N D R E 1983 Photography///ALX1983.COM

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SpeedLimit? Click here to enlarge
    how long til we get some numbers?
    You won't have Dynojet numbers until next month probably.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

car looks mean as $#@!
    '08 535xi - fbo

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rawad1017 Click here to enlarge
    car looks mean as $#@!
    That's because it is.

I have a few things planned to get it looking even meaner. The headlights and taillights need an update I think.

Also might have HRE refinish the wheels.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast