Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Pictures of HPF's RHD Twin Turbo Development Car

I am very excited about this and I am going to have one of these babies in my garage once released. According to Chris from HPF these turbos will be good to support up to stage 2.5 power levels with better spool than the singles. Ain't we lucky.
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Why different turbos for the RHD though?

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Top mount, I'm jealous. Nice. They have to use different turbos due to the steering column on the RHD cars, they can't fit turbos as big as we have on the US kits.
    Click here to enlarge
    1977 S30Z

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ahhh, i saw this one on the video they said they were gonna do something about it to make it fit.. i didnt know they were gonna twin turbo it! its gonna be a twin turbo top mount. damn i gotta see that!
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    WTF! Awesome!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    VEry cool
    Click here to enlarge

EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    looking good
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thats cool in a way, but I will say being top mount SUCKS for ordinary maintenance. On my setup i have to pull my compressor housing to take the valve cover off which is lame. But so long as they plan for that hopefully they work well. Did they disclose what manifolds they'll be using? I hope they use the SteedSpeed ones, because those are what makes the HPF cars cool.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The single turbo bottom mounts will in the end be the best set-up period!!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 600whp S4 Click here to enlarge
    The single turbo bottom mounts will in the end be the best set-up period!!!
    Why do you say so? Shouldn't this open up more turbo sizes?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 5mall5nail5 Click here to enlarge
    Thats cool in a way, but I will say being top mount SUCKS for ordinary maintenance. On my setup i have to pull my compressor housing to take the valve cover off which is lame. But so long as they plan for that hopefully they work well. Did they disclose what manifolds they'll be using? I hope they use the SteedSpeed ones, because those are what makes the HPF cars cool.
    I am not sure what you count as ordinary maintenance. If the valve cover is coming off you might as well unbolt four bolts and take the turbo off. Shouldn't be a issue. I am not sure though if having the turbo so close to the top of the head is such a good idea in terms of the heat?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by George Smooth Click here to enlarge
    I am not sure though if having the turbo so close to the top of the head is such a good idea in terms of the heat?
    Seems plenty of people run top mounts without issue.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    if you buy a turbo blanket there is not too much heat .

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    from fanatics:

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by HPF Chris
    UPDATE...

These are the twin turbo manifold designs from Solidworks with equal length runners.

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    damn, keeping it old school with the t3 flanges huh.. why not vband. it can handle the power and save up tons of room. esp making it easier for a top mount as well.

either way. i'm really diggin this set up. for now i'll keep my mouth closed till what HPF has to offer. I'm sure we wont be dissapointed!!
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by George Smooth Click here to enlarge
    I am not sure what you count as ordinary maintenance. If the valve cover is coming off you might as well unbolt four bolts and take the turbo off. Shouldn't be a issue. I am not sure though if having the turbo so close to the top of the head is such a good idea in terms of the heat?
    Do you consider spark plugs ordinary maintenance? Because the engine cover has to come off to do that, and those are going to be in the way

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 5mall5nail5 Click here to enlarge
    Do you consider spark plugs ordinary maintenance? Because the engine cover has to come off to do that, and those are going to be in the way
    How can you see that?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    damn, keeping it old school with the t3 flanges huh.. why not vband. it can handle the power and save up tons of room. esp making it easier for a top mount as well.
    Really good question. Is the cost an issue?

Do you have any good pics that show the difference between t3 and vband?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge

cost might be a slight issue, but not hundreds of dollars more. i can pull out some pics Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

these are the best pics i could get.. i hope it helps!
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    wow what engine is that? Yours? I know its a 1.8T but out of what car?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Matt@Camber-Toe Click here to enlarge
    wow what engine is that? Yours? I know its a 1.8T but out of what car?
    noo, not my car yet. that is FSI engine on a 2.0 turbo mkv gti. swapping out for a 3076r with built motor, IE rods with JE pistons i beleive? and ferrera valves. 9k revs. crazy car around 500whp DD on pump no meth Click here to enlarge. maybe 93?

this video is before the valves were in cams too i believe. this guy went all out.. beta tune as well

http://www.facebook.com/v/422730214910
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    wow i just got damp